SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Been fixed a while now. Enjoy. Smile

Awesome. Smile

I still have gen 3 and a gen 4 that haven't been fixed yet. I wonder if armorer at a GSSF match can fix. Or did the design change like the ejection port size?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Had an opportunity to try a G43 the father in law rented and really liked the pistol.
Considering purchasing one but will do a side by side comparison with my S&W Shield first (when back home) as I have a free range rental coming at my local range.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still have gen 3 and a gen 4 that haven't been fixed yet. I wonder if armorer at a GSSF match can fix. Or did the design change like the ejection port size?

Not that fixed. My recent build (early 2016) Gen4 G19 will still send a spent case bouncing off my forehead every so often.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I've always laughed at this thread.....until now.

I was at a pistol class and out of 9 students, I was the only one not running a Glock. The instructor was also running a Glock.

So, even though they are really homely, I will buy a Glock. I figure I should at least try it out for a while and see how it compares to my Sig. If I don't love it, it's an easy sale.

So my question - for a Glock 17 or 19 - do I want Gen 3 or 4? Any advice for a first time Glock buyer will be appreciated. Also, how do you like the Magpul mags for Glocks?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChicagoSigMan,

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I prefer the gen 4's due to the beavertails they come with. OEM glock mags can be found for $20 a pop if you hunt. Magpuls would make great range magz though, just wouldn't carry them. I'd go G17 first. It's my favorite Glock model.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

I was at a pistol class and out of 9 students, I was the only one not running a Glock. The instructor was also running a Glock.

So, even though they are really homely, I will buy a Glock. I figure I should at least try it out for a while and see how it compares to my Sig. If I don't love it, it's an easy sale.

So my question - for a Glock 17 or 19 - do I want Gen 3 or 4? Any advice for a first time Glock buyer will be appreciated. Also, how do you like the Magpul mags for Glocks?

19 (or 26) if you intend to carry.
I like Gen 2 Glock 19s, although they can be hard to find.
No finger grooves is why, I don't mind them on a full sized Glocks.

I've owned Glock of every Generation.
My thoughts:
Gen 1 - too slick
Gen 2 - perfect for me
Gen 3 - unless it is a compact (19,23,32), no problem
Gen 4 - I didn't care for the grip texture or removable backstraps at all.
Traded my Gen 4 G22 for a Gen3 G22....YMMV

But a Gen 4 texture can be lightly sanded down to one's preference if they find it too rough.

As Prefontaine stated, OEM Glocks mags are cheap.
I've never tried any other brands..

Welcome to the thread of threads, but be careful.. Eek
I've sold Sigs to buy more Glocks... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, how do you like the Magpul mags for Glocks?

Magpuls work fine in mine and a lot of others experience - however, if you are just going to buy the standard 3-5 extra magazines, I don't see the point and I'd buy OEMs.

Also the baseplate on the G19 Magpul mag is larger than it needs to be IMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I agree , the Gen 4's are much better for my needs ..

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

Nothing wrong with a Glock, but I really believe there are a lot of offerings out there that do the job just as good. I guess what I am trying to say is just because everyone else is doing it, if what you have is working for you, keep on trucking.

As to your questions, I think everyone will have a different answer. My personal experience and tastes are no different.
I like the Gen4 G17 above all others. I shoot it faster and more accurately than I do the rest, to include the G34. Parts and holsters are abundant.

I have about 30 of the Magpul G17 magazines right now for work related reasons. They do a good job. If you shop around, you can find them in the $14 or so range.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this thread in general. I'm not a glock fan -per se- but I own many since for many purposes they are the best option. I've been using an MOS one to figure out using an RDS for carry. Originally a 34, then a 41, then a 17 and lastly a 19 since I can realistically carry that. I converted to the 19 for competition last week and realistically its just the same as a 34. When you have a dot the barrel length really doesn't mean much.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I love this thread in general. I'm not a glock fan -per se- but I own many since for many purposes they are the best option. I've been using an MOS one to figure out using an RDS for carry. Originally a 34, then a 41, then a 17 and lastly a 19 since I can realistically carry that. I converted to the 19 for competition last week and realistically its just the same as a 34. When you have a dot the barrel length really doesn't mean much.

I'm trying out the same thing. Just had cataract surgery and trying to see how effective an RDS might be.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any suggestions on Grip Plugs? I'm looking for one that's similar to the Wilson Combat Mag Guide for Berettas:

Just about all of them I can find for Glock are flush fit. Any suggestions?

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Pearce are the only ones i will use. Some other brands literally fit, like shit.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Pearce are the only ones i will use. Some other brands literally fit, like shit.

+1. I got a Pearce for about 8 bucks on Amazon. It fits very well.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The Pearce plugs fit very well. But I will admit that on most of Glocks I leave the lint trap open.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Come on guys... Eek

Got mine on eBay, most of them from ndzperformance..Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never do anything without a good reason. I am a confirmed Sig guy, but I now own four Glocks. Noticed the sights were dead on my Glock 26 and figured it a good excuse for ordering new sights, while I was at it figured I might as well order sights for the other two as well. Wasn't paying attention and mistakenly ordered a set for a Glock 43 in lieu of a Glock 23. Figured it was easier to buy a Glock 43 than return the sights. Gun owner logic.

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 106 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: July 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I hate you all.

I just came back from the LGS with a Gen 4 Glock 17 and a Gen 4 19.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, this inexplicable (to me) longing to acquire a Glock has not overtaken me yet, but I would like to inquire of those who have succumbed:

Might I expect to experience any sort of recognizable prodrome before I am overcome, and at that point what, if anything, can I due to ward off the disease?

Also, is this merely a form of temporary insanity, or having succumbed once can I expect this to be a chronic or recurring malady?

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post