SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Two years this thread had been active. Still no Glock. The Dark Side is weak to me.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Removed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Two years this thread had been active. Still no Glock. The Dark Side is weak to me.
Don't worry, soon enough.

Posts: 388 | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MHolland
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Can't seem to find any gen4 Glock 19s locally. Had my dealer order one but he says it will get there when it gets there.

I'll be sending it out to CCR for a CPII job on the slide and barrel (new gun + CCR treatment = cheaper than EXO)

Maybe by the time it gets in, it will have the new "ATF" connector (dot connector).

What is this ATF or dot connecter you speak of?

Im thinking (just starting to fiddle with the idea of, actually) about trying to trade/sell my P30 for a G4 G19 with Straight 8s, a good trigger setup, and possibly that beautiful slide and barrel treatment above.

Posts: 3317 | Location: SC Lowcountry | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep - I said the same thing...and now I am trying to get my name changed to "The Glockness". It just hit me alluva sudden. Prepare yo'self - itza comin'

Posts: 207 | Location: North and Central Florida | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It's Glock's response to lighten up the gen4 triggers a little bit. It looks almost like the standard - connector.

ATF Connector info:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1350826

http://pistol-forum.com/showth...aaa796aa5e7959ebd790

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Join us soon...or Darth will find you...And it won't be pretty... Wink

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GaryC
posted Hide Post
I only have 3 - all Gen4s (G17, G19 & G21) Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GaryC,

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't seem to find any gen4 Glock 19s locally. Had my dealer order one but he says it will get there when it gets there.

I'll be sending it out to CCR for a CPII job on the slide and barrel (new gun + CCR treatment = cheaper than EXO)

Maybe by the time it gets in, it will have the new "ATF" connector (dot connector).

I paid $75 more for the EXO as opposed to the standard Gen 3.
And I did want a Gen 3, the Gen 4 wasn't all that, IMHO.
But whatever works for you is dandy with me.

CCR would charge $80 for the slide, $30 for the barrel, and I'd have to pay shipping both ways.
Not to mention the turn around time.
So we are looking at about $112 for CCR to do my slide and barrel.
I made out pretty good, with no down time.

CCR does great work (they have done several guns and parts for me), but their turn around time promises can be deceiving. Frown

Next change;
New sights, I'm thinking a warren rear and a dawson front.
I'm shooting it this weekend to see how the stock sights run.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
gen4 19 = $398.20+tax is about $429. It'd be $112 to get it to CCR and back shipped both ways. I'm looking at $542.

What are the EXOs going for?

Never held an EXO Glock but I have had guns done in ceraplate and NP3 so I know I like the ceraplate.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
gen4 19 = $398.20+tax is about $429. It'd be $112 to get it to CCR and back shipped both ways. I'm looking at $542.

What are the EXOs going for?

Never held an EXO Glock but I have had guns done in ceraplate and NP3 so I know I like the ceraplate.

From the CCR sale thread, and these are Father's Day prices, you've got a few more days to mail it out.

We are talking slide and barrel..
Slide Cera-Plate $98 Sale Price $79 Two week turnaround
They probably charge $30 for the barrel.
Priority shipping there and back at $5,95 each way, comes to about $120.90.

I paid $75 more for the EXO than the standard G19, or $81 with tax.

What ever works for you is fine with me..

I like the Ceraplate as well, it wears Ok.
But I'm open to trying new things, or I wouldn't have bought the Glock in the first place.

The P239 is done in last year's Ceraplate (Electroless Nickel) , the G19 done in Fail Zero (Nickel-Boron).
I guess I'll see which one wears better.. Wink
Ceraplate has a lot more shine to it.
Pics are a bit blurry since I didn't use the flash and I was in a hurry, but one can see the comparison.

I'm happy with my purchase, you're happy with yours.
Ain't life great.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
We only charge $15.00 more for an EXO pistol (model with standard sights) than we do the standard black Gen 3 pistols. That's a HECK of a good deal for a nice paint job that's applied to the slide and barrel on the EXO pistols.

The price for the EXO pistols with the I-Dot night sights is the same price as the standard black Gen 3 pistol with night sights.

Good to see there are some options on the trigger pulls out there. We didn't mess with the connectors, but that bump on the trigger bar? Ugh! Here

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220ST:
We only charge $15.00 more for an EXO pistol (model with standard sights) than we do the standard black Gen 3 pistols. That's a HECK of a good deal for a nice paint job that's applied to the slide and barrel on the EXO pistols.

The price for the EXO pistols with the I-Dot night sights is the same price as the standard black Gen 3 pistol with night sights.

Good to see there are some options on the trigger pulls out there. We didn't mess with the connectors, but that bump on the trigger bar? Ugh! Here

Damn it, I should have called you first.. Mad Big Grin

Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
I just handled a G36 at my local gun store. It feels fantastic in my hand. I would be using it for a CCW in an urban setting. .45 ACP single stack is a must. Any reason(s) not to buy this G36? Other recommendations(similar size/weight)? Also if you strongly recommend I consider rather .40 S&W, throw it at me.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcsmitty:
I just handled a G36 at my local gun store. It feels fantastic in my hand. I would be using it for a CCW in an urban setting. .45 ACP single stack is a must. Any reason(s) not to buy this G36? Other recommendations(similar size/weight)? Also if you strongly recommend I consider rather .40 S&W, throw it at me.

Have you tried the G30sf? 10+1 .45ACP and very concealable.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fixedwithabullet
posted Hide Post
OK! I am gunna chime in to say---- I am finally after 10years of gun owning finally gunna buy a gen 3 g19.My first glock!

KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS!!

Posts: 1002 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: May 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:

Have you tried the G30sf? 10+1 .45ACP and very concealable.

Yep. One of my sons has one and I like it but am leaning toward a single stack, thinner format. Another son has the M&P 45c, which feels better to me actually. Both for the sake of this conversation are out of the mix. Thanks a million for the response however.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fixedwithabullet:
OK! I am gunna chime in to say---- I am finally after 10years of gun owning finally gunna buy a gen 3 g19.
My first glock!

The Power of Glock compels you!

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Every time I check back in on this thread I want to get a Glock 32 more and more!!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JACKHAMMER
posted Hide Post
I just bought a NIB G-29 10mm built in 2005. Gen 2.5, no accessory rail. Pearce +0 floor plates give a nice rest for the pinky. 15 round G-20 mags work great too even without the filler sleeve. A KKM .40s&w conversion is on the way to round out the package.

Anchors Aweigh!

Posts: 467 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: January 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob220st
posted Hide Post
No i will not...I own a SigPro 2022....YES!!!!!! Cool
Bob Big Grin

Posts: 1766 | Location: Independence,Ky. | Registered: September 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post