SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:

Trump Creates ‘Office of the Former President’...

Some of you may not recall, but Obama's people created "Office of the President Elect" with an official looking seal just for him back in 2008.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I didnt know that...the Crimson Kenyan wasnt ever "my" president

I thought Biden's flunkies came up w it....

quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

Some of you may not recall, but Obama's people created "Office of the President Elect" with an official looking seal just for him back in 2008.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer:
President Trump is the best. He established the Office of the Former President.

https://www.washingtontimes.co...-former-president-f/

You guys do realize this is not just a Trump thing, right? It’s in the Former Presidents Act as one of the perks that a former President gets an office and staff paid for by the taxpayers. He’s just activating a perk that former Presidents get. I’m sure Obama, Bush, etc. all have or had one.

https://www.archives.gov/about...rmer-presidents.html

(b) The Administrator of General Services shall, without regard to the civil-service and classification laws, provide for each former President an office staff. Persons employed under this subsection shall be selected by the former President and shall be responsible only to him for the performance of their duties. Each former President shall fix basic rates of compensation for persons employed for him under this paragraph which in the aggregate shall not exceed $96,000 per annum, except that for the first 30-month period during which a former President is entitled to staff assistance under this subsection, such rates of compensation in the aggregate shall not exceed $150,000 per annum. The annual rate of compensation payable to any such person shall not exceed the highest annual rate of basic pay now or hereafter provided by law for positions at level II of the Executive Schedule under section 5313 of title 5. United States Code [section 5313 of Title 5. Government Organization and Employees]. Amounts provided for “Allowances and Office Staff for Former Presidents” may be used to pay fees of an independent contractor who is not a member of the staff of the office of a former President for the review of Presidential records of a former President in connection with the transfer of such records to the National Archives and Records Administration or a Presidential Library without regard to the limitation on staff compensation set forth herein.

(c) The Administrator of General Services shall furnish for each former President suitable office space appropriately furnished and equipped, as determined by the Administrator, at such place within the United States as the former President shall specify

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Trump will make it a Trump thing, and that is a good thing....As in, HUUUGE! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter what he does. Everything he does will be spun as something wrong, illegal, immoral, illegitimate, or worse by the GDC Media.

They can keep doing it and keep looking like fools. Maybe enough people will see through it by 2024 that the commies won't be able to cheat their way to a win.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Lefty Sig we don't need Debby Downers. Keep it positive. The boss has said that repeatedly. Trump is still championing for us despite everything against him and us.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

https://www.newsmax.com/Inside...008/11/10/id/326510/

Obama Invents 'Office of the President-Elect'

By Jim Meyers | Monday, 10 November 2008 12:54 PM

Barack Obama has created a stir by proclaiming that he heads “The Office of President-Elect” — an office that does not officially exist.

At his first news conference on Nov. 7, Obama stood at a podium bearing a sign that read: “Office of the President-Elect. Also, his Web site, Change.gov, bears the words “Office of the President-Elect” at the top of its home page.

Writer Larry Anderson referred to the “made-up little title” on the American Thinker Web site, and declared: “I nearly busted a gut ...

“Once again, [Obama] can’t wait to invest himself with the trappings of office.”

Conservative columnist Michelle Malkin wondered: “What other make-believe offices are they going to invent between now and Inauguration Day? I can’t ever recall in my lifetime any mention of such an office.”

Technically speaking, Obama may not even be the President-elect, according to the American Sentinel Web site.

“Megalomaniac Obama’s ego grows even more insufferable,” a weekend posting reads.

“Yes, he will be [president-elect]. But he’s not officially yet, until the Electoral College votes.

“The Constitution provides that on the Monday after the second Wednesday in December, electors convene in their respective state capitals. It’s then that they formally elect the President of the United States, based on the general election results.”

The Nov. 7 news conference did not mark the first time Obama has created controversy with a podium.

Back in June, he spoke at a podium bearing a new seal that altered the official presidential seal.

The seal did include the American bald eagle clutching arrows and an olive branch, but the Latin phrase “E Pluribus Unum” was changed to “Vero Possumus,” a rough translation of the Obama campaign slogan, “Yes we can.”

Obama’s seal also removed the shield over the eagle’s breast, representing the president’s oath to defend the Constitution, and replaced it with the letter “O,” presumably for Obama, and the image of the rising sun.

© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I think Biden's "seal slogan" was "I STOLE A PIE!"

"Beware what you wish for.." indeed.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Lefty Sig we don't need Debby Downers. Keep it positive. The boss has said that repeatedly. Trump is still championing for us despite everything against him and us.

Not intending to be a downer, just speaking the truth. My point is that Trump's media silence and the continued unhinged vindictive insanity of the MSM and democrats may very well expose them for the anti-Constitution anti-Americans traitors they are. And that might get enough votes on our side to win decisively in 2024. You can steal 5 machine democrat districts in 5 major cities in 5 swing states in a close race, but you can't steal a Reagan-esque landslide.

Now that Biden is going hard left, killing jobs, letting cross-dressing men beat women in women's sports, instituting critical race theory as the new history, giving citizenship to illegals, demonizing the police as racist, demonizing the national guard, and every other thing he's going to do, all of the "I'm conservative but I don't like Trump's personality and Joe is really a moderate so I'll vote for him" are going to be shocked at what they have allowed to happen to this country.

And that means all conservatives in red states need to lobby hard for voting reforms - voter ID, signature checks, absentee ballots only with cause, no ballot harvesting, etc. We will always lose CA and NY, but we should never have lost Georgia.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
Rand Paul Moves to Stop the Sham Impeachment Trial as Unconstitutional. Video at link.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/392339.php

Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthrob:
Rand Paul Moves to Stop the Sham Impeachment Trial as Unconstitutional. Video at link.

Useless with dems and RINOs in place. But what I don't get is that if this is unconstitutional, which it clearly seems to be, why SCOTUS isn't shutting it down. Is there a way to make SCOTUS rule on it?

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
SCOTUS has no balls and no clue they are a co-equal branch of the government.

The appear to be fat, dumb and happy pretending the country isn’t sinking.

Don’t count on them for help of any sort. If they get a ruling right it’s probably just dumb luck.

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
SCOTUS has no balls and no clue they are a co-equal branch of the government.

The appear to be fat, dumb and happy pretending the country isn’t sinking.

Don’t count on them for help of any sort. If they get a ruling right it’s probably just dumb luck.

It's worse than that - the SCOTUS is compromised and scared.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Music to my ears!
Picture of synthrob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:

Useless with dems and RINOs in place. But what I don't get is that if this is unconstitutional, which it clearly seems to be, why SCOTUS isn't shutting it down. Is there a way to make SCOTUS rule on it?

Apparently not, but Roberts refused to preside over the trial, which is basically equivalent to him signalling the trial is unconstitutional.

Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven

Posts: 2853 | Location: NE Ohio  | Registered: April 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
... Roberts refused to preside over the trial, which is basically equivalent to him signalling the trial is unconstitutional.

Could've knocked me over with a feather when I heard that.

That would be a signal to thinking people, which tells you all you need to know about today's Democrat Party.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Impeachment trials of the President are presided over by the Chief Justice. No Chief justice, no impeachment trial. There is no Constitutional provision for a Senator on the majority side to preside. They are making this up as they go, and as such they are not upholding their oath to defend the Constitution of the United States of America against ALL enemies foreign AND domestic.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
This whole impeachment thing is a waste of time and taxpayers money.

I agree. Some of my peeps get uptight at me when I say this, because "he needs to be held accountable!" But the reality for We the People is that our politicians are wasting our time and money, largely because they can't let go of a grudge.

I remember as a kid, Dad saying "just think what you could do if you put your mind to it." Similarly, just thing what our politicians could do if they'd put their efforts in the right place, remembering that they work for We the People and not for their own selfish interests, grudges, and lobbyists.

Term.
Limits.
Now.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Every sitting democrat and most republicans have now reached their term limit.

They won’t vote for it. They are going to have to be forcibly removed. They’ve been there so long they think they own the place.

Perhaps the riot on the capital was a good thing. Shows them that they are vulnerable and that we the people still matter.

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Indeed...the demonrats are so far away from the constitution I wouldnt be surprised if they just changeds the rules so that simple majority is required to "convict" in this charade..."

quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Impeachment trials of the President are presided over by the Chief Justice. No Chief justice, no impeachment trial. There is no Constitutional provision for a Senator on the majority side to preside. They are making this up as they go, and as such they are not upholding their oath to defend the Constitution of the United States of America against ALL enemies foreign AND domestic.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Every sitting democrat and most republicans have now reached their term limit.

They won’t vote for it. They are going to have to be forcibly removed. They’ve been there so long they think they own the place.

Perhaps the riot on the capital was a good thing. Shows them that they are vulnerable and that we the people still matter.

I’ve been saying this since the day it happened. The fact that they came after these people as hard as they did just shows it to be true. They got a small reality check abs they didn’t like it

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post