SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Remember, you "one man, one vote" types; this is a leftie argument to get rid of the Senate and the Electoral College.

The senate is not one man one vote in practice because Wyoming has two senators, and California has two senators, and therefore Wyoming's senators represent more than "one vote" worth of power in Washington.

Similarly, the electoral college per state is equal to it's representatives, added to it's senators. Again, Wyoming packs more power in the electoral college per state voter than does California.

"One man, one vote" is a trap; don't fall into it. "Count the legal votes" is a slogan to get behind.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12927 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
The phrase "one man one vote" is not mentioned once in the Constitution, just like Democracy is not mentioned. The Senate and Electoral College were set up for a reason. The change to popular election of Senators instead of by the State Legislatures was a grave mistake and is the cause of most of the inroads made by the marxists in the past 100 years.

Posts: 4931 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I said nothing about tossing out the Electoral College.
Sheeezzz, I think we all know what happened.
The ballot boxes were stuffed, figured everyone would realize that is what my reference was to.

One man one vote at the polls.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I said nothing about tossing out the Electoral College.
Sheeezzz, I think we all know what happened.
The ballot boxes were stuffed, figured everyone would realize that is what my reference was to.

One man one vote at the polls.

Exactly right.

When I posted that phrase, I meant the voter gets one. As in one each. Not 2, not 20, 200, or 200,000. As some of our opposition would seem to believe is their right. I had no intent to dissolve the electoral college or pare down our republic to a pure democracy.
Para is right, take a fukkin breath will ya?

Posts: 7400 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
{shark cruises through the thread}

Posts: 109092 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
[sound effects] ba-dum

ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum... [/sound effects]

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Rand Paul destroys Stephanopoulos...

https://youtu.be/Vub26OEWyV8

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, Rand Paul did not destroy Stephanopoulos but I'm glad he fought back. In most interviews everyone holds back and plays nice. Just once though, I'd like someone to rip through a smart ass pretend journalist like a wild ass tornado, no holding back, just go ape shit crazy on them.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3631 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
[sound effects] ba-dum

ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum... [/sound effects]

Sharks patrol these waters
Sharks patrol these waters
Don't let your fingers dangle in the water
And don't you worry about the dayglow orange life preserver…

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Unfortunately, Rand Paul did not destroy Stephanopoulos but I'm glad he fought back. In most interviews everyone holds back and plays nice. Just once though, I'd like someone to rip through a smart ass pretend journalist like a wild ass tornado, no holding back, just go ape shit crazy on them.

I thought Paul calmly explained to Stephanopolous that he basically wasn’t doing his job as a journalist. He was falling on one side of the argument without even allowing a counterpoint. More of these ridiculous biased and one-sided “journalists” need to get called out in the same manner.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
Rand Paul destroys Stephanopoulos...

https://youtu.be/Vub26OEWyV8

Yes he sure did. What a hack Stephanopoulos is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30927 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Stuffingenvelopes has been a hack since his days on This Week with David Brinkley.

I didn’t expect George Will to become such a coward.

Posts: 53806 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
George is not remotely a journalist. He's a political hack. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But if anyone, including George, considers him to be a journalist, that's a sad commentary on what passes for journalist these days. And that's a very low bar.

Posts: 3686 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I didn’t expect George Will to become such a coward.

He wants party invites.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought Paul calmly explained to Stephanopolous that he basically wasn’t doing his job as a journalist. He was falling on one side of the argument without even allowing a counterpoint. More of these ridiculous biased and one-sided “journalists” need to get called out in the same manner.

Yes. Exactly.
Stephanopolous has always been a Clintonista-commie who now is held up as a "respected journalist". He's so biased he doesn't even see his own bias. I'm glad Rand Paul called him out on it. We need more of that.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Trump Has Political Plans For 2022, Abandons Idea Of Creating Third Political Party: Report

President Donald Trump has reportedly dropped an idea to start a third political party, which was briefly floated last week, and is now focused on helping the Republican Party win back the House and the Senate in 2022.

cont....

https://www.dailywire.com/news...utm_source=housefile

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Yes. Exactly.
Stephanopolous has always been a Clintonista-commie who now is held up as a "respected journalist". He's so biased he doesn't even see his own bias. I'm glad Rand Paul called him out on it. We need more of that.
Well that definitely got the aging boy wonder, Steponallofus, pissed off. He had Rand Paul on there for one reason, to extract a public statement, that no one will be allowed to publicly disagree with the left.
The phrasing is different, yet not:

'Do you confess?'
'Just say it, and this will be over.'
'The prisoner wishes to say a word.'

That was like a combination of the end of Braveheart and the Sam Kinison part of Back to School.

How very Maoist cultural revolution of him.

Posts: 7400 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Exactly 83V45. Rand went mum every time.

Posts: 17985 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
{shark cruises through the thread}

Daddy shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
Daddy shark

Posts: 24300 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Some reference material for your review - to combat the lie.

“BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: Accurate List of 2020 Election Fraud Cases Shows 81 Cases Total, 30 Still Active – And NOT ONE SINGLE COURT Has Allowed Evidence to be Argued.” Link [emphasis added]

It seems the Michigan case is making significant findings as I’ve previously said.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post