SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
^^^^

The notion that variants will be the fault of those who choose not to be vaccinated in the US is utterly absurd. There are steaming pools of virus in densely populated countries, like India, that will fuel mutation even if every US citizen took the vaccine. Unless they are willing to lock our borders TIGHT, it's a futile effort. Get it. Don't get it. Whatever. Protect yourself to the extent that makes sense for your risk profile and move on.

If a vaccinated person can get infected with coronavirus, and spread it to other people. Then the virus could mutate in them also.

The only thing they say these vaccines will do is prevent a more severe case of covid, not prevent infection or transmission.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Just read the tripe in the blog from Alan's post above.

That guy is reading directly from the left's playbook/wishlist.

BE AFRAID!!! YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO THINK FOR YOURSELF!!! DO AS WE SAY OR WE WILL LOCK YOU UP!!!! COMLY OR BE DAMNED!!! MOST OF ALL, BE REALLY AFRAID!!!

"killer virus" - yes, people have died from this viurs, but the common flu is also deadly, Rene, you cowardly twat...but you cant self-aggrandize and virtue signal by trying to scare people about influenza virus

"knock knock - FBI" - go fuck yourself Rene you cowardly twat, drooling at the thought of the corrupt Fucktard Bureau of Intimidators continuing to prosecute and persecute only politically expedient lawbreakers (how'd that Alaskan snipe hunt work out for ya!?)

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I check the CDC numbers occasionally. The latest:

As of this week, there were 557,857 covid related deaths in the US from a total of 32,446,915 infections since Jan. 2020. That's a mortality rate of 1.78%, or a 98.22% survival rate.

Carrying that a step farther, with a US total population of 332,278,200, that translates to a 0.17% mortality rate, or 99.83% chance that you're NOT going to die from covid.

Yes, be very afraid!

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
And that’s not even taking into account the car accident “COVID” deaths, the gunshot wound “COVID” deaths, and all the other shenanigans that hospitals used to GET PAID.

The real number of deaths are much lower. But, the statists need for you to be scared and save grandpa. If it saves one life...

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you think? Are you fully vaccinated now? Are you fearful of what the rest of 2021 or 2022 will bring? Are you booking now but considering backing out due to the spread of COVID-19? – René

https://renespoints.boardingar...-normal-anti-vaxers/

~Alan

When you meet someone like this in real life, end the conversation and walk away.

Do people hound people that don't get an annual flu vaccine? We have just added a third to cold and flu season. Get over it, we are going to have cold/flu/COVID season going forward, it is what it is. I could die in a car accident today, I don't put on a flame suit and helmet to drive or avoid driving all together. Yeah people have died, more will, it's called life. This isn't aerosolized Ebola, it's a marginally deadlier flu.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
And that’s not even taking into account the car accident “COVID” deaths, the gunshot wound “COVID” deaths, and all the other shenanigans that hospitals used to GET PAID.

The real number of deaths are much lower. But, the statists need for you to be scared and save grandpa. If it saves one life...

Furthermore, instead of focusing on vaccines, they should be focusing on and developing better treatment...

Why are vaccines so favored over treatments?

When it comes to COVID therapeutics, whether they be older, repurposed drugs or hot-off-the-press wonder drugs, the watchword (or phrase) seems to be curb your enthusiasm!

HCQ (hydroxychloroquine) suffered the ignoble misfortune of having been endorsed by Donald Trump, AKA Orange Man Bad.

The FDA, who back in March said "people should not use ivermectin to attempt to treat or prevent Covid-19," was recently contradicted by a peer-reviewed study that found that ivermectin effectively treats and prevents COVID.

Will the government fast-track molnupiravir (the marketing guys need to rename this pronto) under emergency authorization, and will the media and establishment trumpet the drug and make it a household name?

When it comes to COVID vaccines, there's no doubt that their mantra can be characterized as damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead! And the vaccine mania is only accelerating.

By the end of April, nearly 100 colleges and universities had decided to require students to be vaccinated for COVID, and the list is growing daily. This, despite legitimate concerns about the vaccines' effects on women's menstrual cycles and fertility.

Moderna and Pfizer are blazing ahead with vaccine trials for children as young as six months. A two-year-old girl recently died after being injected with the second Pfizer shot (she had been hospitalized since after the first shot and was unfortunately given the second shot while she was still suffering).

https://www.americanthinker.co...over_treatments.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
By the nakedness of our faces we encounter one another as individuals, and in doing so we experience fleeting moments of grace and trust. To hide our faces behind masks is to withdraw this invitation. This has to be politically significant.

I've been thinking that same thought lately. So many of the face diapers I see people wearing lately seem to be designed to go beyond just medical precaution. They cover (hide) the entire lower half of the head from the neckline and all the way back to the ears. Every good drone looks the same, no individuality allowed.

Billy Idol keeps popping into my head.
"Got no human grace, you're eyes without a face"

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
This is funny.

Reporter scolds skeptic, ‘nobody tells me what to say,’ then puts mask on outdoors for camera as part of ‘guidelines’

“Nobody tells me what to say, sir,” Kaplan told the citizen journalist. But just as it appeared they were parting ways and Kaplan was going to record his segment, he put his face mask on. The citizen journalist laughed.

“You didn’t have your mask on the whole time and now you’re putting your mask on,” he said, chuckling. “This is a guy, he’s been standing here the whole time without his mask, here’s his camera dude with no mask on, but here he is. Now he’s still trying to scare everyone, he’s got to put his mask on while he reports. Keep spreading that fear, buddy.”

Kaplan was silent, shoulders hunched, as the citizen journalist lambasted him.

“They’re asking us to wear it for guidelines for television,” he said.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Go out and compare and contrast the 'total' number of deaths of all causes in this country over the past few years. Total deaths in 2020 of all causes were not appreciably different from the number in prior years. When looked at from a cold analytical viewpoint, Covid changed virtually nothing when it came to how many people took their last breath last year.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but we're being played. Unfortunately, a large number of the country are sheep, and far too stupid to look at all of this from a rational, logical, viewpoint. If they did, we'd already be back to normal after everyone told government and the experts (is there a difference?) to shove their restrictions.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So he follows "all the wise precautions recommended by the CDC" and then says he is considering travel on a cruise ship. Which is essentially being trapped on a floating toilet with lots of other germy people for days at a time?
What a jackass.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Furthermore, instead of focusing on vaccines, they should be focusing on and developing better treatment...

Don't let anything get in the way of humongous drug company profits at the Taxpayer expense. And I'm sure a more than a "little bit" makes it back into the politicians pockets.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/20...-are-35-reasons-why/

"13. Therapeutics and prophylactics for coronaviruses, like Hydroxychloroquine, have been approved in the WHO, CDC and NIH websites.

But, suddenly in 2020 they were banned. Why? Because, according to FDA rules only when there are no alternative therapeutics, can untested vaccines be cleared for Emergency Use Authorization
In 2020, the Canadian company, Apotex, was giving HCQ away. Even after the American Journal of Medicine approved the use of HCQ for Outpatients, HCQ is nowhere to be found in the US. Now, doctors are pleading that Ivermectin be used as a safe therapeutic.

Doctors in India and the UK speak out. Costa Rica uses HCQ extensively, while Novartis donates it to Mexico. In India doctors are prescribing Ziverdo kits."

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will follow all the wise precautions recommended by the CDC.

Me to. Just as soon as they come up with some.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:

Billy Idol keeps popping into my head.
"Got no human grace, you're eyes without a face"

The Imperial March by John Williams popped into my head when I looked at that picture.

Posts: 10941 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and so it begins

just saw an ad on the Science Channel for restaurants. Budweiser has a deal now where your first drink is on the house if you've been vaccinated

swell

do I need to sit at the back of the restaurant? Do I get to drink from my own fountain? Perhaps I even have my own door to get in and out

not that I drink a lot but Bud products are now on my shit list

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Moderna and Pfizer are blazing ahead with vaccine trials for children as young as six months. A two-year-old girl recently died after being injected with the second Pfizer shot (she had been hospitalized since after the first shot and was unfortunately given the second shot while she was still suffering).

I wouldn't put it past a company to juice their numbers on efficacy a bit, but this particular scenario seems highly unlikely. Has this actually been documented, or is it just "going around"?

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Biden wants to strip intellectual property rights from drug companies for vaccines.

I know we all can bitch about outrageous drug pricing. In fact I think we can do a lot to lower the costs of long existing drugs. In this circumstance this is the completely wrong action. We don't want to remove the incentive for companies to develop new drugs, not one bit. There are tons of companies that take this risk, many times striking out completely and folding. Even in the case of big pharma they try hundreds to end up with one or two viable products. Take away the reward and they will stop. The cost of the medicine is not the raw ingredients and production costs, it's the innovation, experimentation, and risk that goes into delivering a safe and reliable product.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I wouldn't put it past a company to juice their numbers on efficacy a bit, but this particular scenario seems highly unlikely. Has this actually been documented, or is it just "going around"?

Linked within the article he linked to. I don't think I've ever seen Chellim post hearsay.

https://www.naturalnews.com/20...-vaccine-trials.html

https://greatgameindia.com/pfi...cal-trials-children/

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
quote:

Linked within the article he linked to. I don't think I've even seen Chellim post hearsay.

From the first linked article:

"As reported in the government’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), the two-year-old girl received her second dose of Pfizer’s DNA-modifying mRNA injection on February 25. On March 1, she suffered some kind of serious adverse reaction. On March 3, she died. No further details were provided.

The VAERS report does indicate that the child had been hospitalized since February 14, which suggests she may have gotten sick from the first shot. Despite this, someone administered a second shot to the already sick and suffering child, which caused her to die."

Little difficult to believe since the first children under 12 received the vaccine on March 24th.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
In the second link, there's two comments that state:

quote:
I searched for VAERS ID 1074247 on the VAERS database myself. No such number is present in their database. Could be they removed it I suppose but this article is also stating the child was given the two shots as part of Pfizer’s vaccine trials on children in late February and early March. When I search for when did the Pfizer trails for their covid vaccine begin for children under 12 I’m seeing they started in April. Mind you I don’t trust the government or their health agencies and I’d sooner drink gasoline with a lit cigarette in my mouth as get one of these jabs myself.

That said fake news can be a two way street and liars hurt our cause to stop forced vaccines on children. They should be exposed. Someone explain to me, give the above, how is this story true?

quote:
This is completely false information. KidCove trials did not commence until March 15. The VAERS report above (ID 1074247) does not exist. This is fear mongering to the highest degree. Stop believing everything you hear about or read on these garbage “news” outlets. It’s ridiculous.

So who knows? No way to vet the people who posted those comments. My trust in the media and the government are at an all-time low, so I have no idea what to believe.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's clear this asshole doesn't think we proles should EVER be permitted to go out in public again without a face muzzle:

Fuck this guy, I'm so sick of this little attention-craving turd. Trump REALLY should have fired his little Keebler Elf ass early on:

Anthony Fauci told NBC’s Chuck Todd that it’s “possible” mask mandates could continue indefinitely in order to reduce seasonal flu infections.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post