SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
now the Chinese want us to buy their vaccine

https://www.breitbart.com/asia...oronavirus-vaccines/

The world should look to China for its coronavirus vaccines and ignore the alternatives, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) warned Thursday, adding that to do otherwise is an explicit example of racism.

Under the headline “Hard to beat COVID-19 without China’s vaccine,” an opinion piece carried in the state-run Global Times set out just why Beijing believes the world should be beating a path to the vaccines developed by its own SinoVac.

It also admonished those in the Western media who focused “on hyping up questions about transparency” rather than just implictly trusting those the CCP has endorsed. After dismissing the “weaknesses” of U.S. developed alternatives, it stated:

SinoVac’s inactivated COVID-19 vaccine is safe and can be stored at a standard refrigerator temperature. It is cheap, which is especially suitable for use in developing countries. But these advantages are often ignored in Western public opinion fields, or played down as merely background information.

SinoVac’s vaccine is to be promoted globally. Therefore, its international reputation is crucial. US and Western media outlets obviously hold an unfriendly stance and attitude toward Chinese vaccines. They question them rather than clarifying their strong points amid the current urgent pandemic situation. Fortunately, there have been no cases of severe accidents in the clinical trials of Chinese vaccines, despite challenges of trials in foreign countries amid the pandemic. Western public opinion will not treat Chinese vaccines in the same way they reported on side effects from Pfizer’s vaccine.

The Global Times piece takes specific aim at the vaccine developed by the Pfizer company, then returns to the theme that China must be trusted, because “U.S. and Western media outlets obviously hold an unfriendly stance and attitude toward Chinese vaccines. They question them rather than clarifying their strong points amid the current urgent pandemic situation.”

The editorial ends with this self-endorsement:

The most important thing for humanity is to get through this immediate crisis. The positive role that Chinese vaccines can play and the contributions they can make are obvious to all. It is believed that the strengths of each vaccine working together will make vigorous efforts to turn the tide, rather than their weaknesses will shape our future.

xxxxxxxxxx

But

https://www.breitbart.com/asia...ing-domestic-option/

Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Group, a Chinese pharmaceutical group, announced Wednesday it had inked a deal with German company BioNTech to purchase 100 million doses of the Chinese coronavirus vaccine it had developed with American company Pfizer — the first vaccine approved for use in the United States.

Shanghai Fosun co-owns Sinopharm Group alongside the government of China, a company developing its own coronavirus vaccine candidate. At press time, the Sinopharm vaccine candidate is believed to be about 86 percent effective, a significantly lower rate of functionality than the Pfizer option. Pfizer and BioNTech have reported their vaccine tested to be 95 percent effective in stopping Chinese coronavirus infections.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I'm going through my second round now. Not fun.

I am high risk, and unfortunately managed to get infected about three weeks ago, and lucked out and got into a Regeneron study. After the 1 hour infusion, I was better in 48-72 hours. Taste/smell didn't return until last week.

Regenron or Bam are now SOP for everyone12 and older if they have high risk criteria.

ArtieS, if you're within your first 10 days, call me and I will get you in touch with a pulmonologist in Winter Park for a monoclonal antibody infusion.

Posts: 7793 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
8 months late, I finally got my stimulus check. It's a debit card, need to figure out how to deposit it now. Could have used it when I was out of work though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Du fuq?

https://www.startribune.com/wi...d-vaccine/600005286/

In a statement late Wednesday, Aurora said the employee involved "today acknowledged that they intentionally removed the vaccine from refrigeration." (500 doses)

Aurora's statement said they had fired the employee and referred the matter to authorities for further investigation.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hypocrites... You're racist if you refer to coronavirus as the Chinese virus. However, CBS News thinks it's OK to refer to the new uber-contagious mutated variant as the "U.K. strain of COVID-19".

quote:
California reports its first case of the U.K. strain of COVID-19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKzA6iFzyGQ

Posts: 587 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I started having symptoms Saturday, they were bad in the morning then during the day seemed to have gone away. I decided to get tested Monday and Tuesday evening showed positive for covid. On day 5 now and been up since 2 am due to this virus. It's a weird virus, from sore throat to terrible muscle aches the symptoms vary. And to think I have this due to the Chicoms developing this and releasing it. My dad died from it in May (he was in bad health so I think if this didn't take him something else would). As far as I am concerned this was an act of war by china by releasing biological agents against the world.

More and more people I know are getting it, about 25% ending up in the hospital. Maybe was better for me to get it and get it out of the way, hopefully I do not get it again (assuming I make it out of this).

Posts: 4107 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/ente...-than-an-ar-15-will/

Milano is a first rate rocket surgeon. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Get well, vmax!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
https://www.breitbart.com/ente...-than-an-ar-15-will/

Milano is a first rate rocket surgeon. Roll Eyes

Different tools for different jobs, ya dingbat.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I see the reports of different versions, or mutations, Strain might be the word I'm needing, or something like this, from the corona virus as we have known it.

Is this normal, or typical, to have virus mutate?

Thanks.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Is this normal

Yes. It was expected to mutate and become less lethal.

It has mutated- There's lots of variants. There has been from the start.
It has become less lethal so it can spread more easily. The ones that are less lethal have more time to spread and become the dominant type of virus- Natural Selection.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is this normal, or typical, to have virus mutate?

Yes. Viruses are constantly mutating, as all cellular genetic material is prone to do during their normal replication cycles. It's just that most viral mutations aren't helpful to the virus, in that they don't make it more infectious or harder to combat, so they don't stick around long enough to replicate widely and become widespread. But if it mutates in some way that is beneficial to the virus, such as the virus becoming hardier or able to more easily spread, that specific mutation is able to more easily reproduce and become more widespread.

Basic evolution/natural selection at work. It applies to all genetic organisms, apes and viruses alike, and everything in between. Beneficial mutations stick around, reproduce, and spread. Nonbeneficial (or especially actively detrimental) mutations die out.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's what I was thinking too

What caught my attention is the reports of a new strain that is so much stronger and powerful. That's worrisome to me.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
In early December, wife & I went to a party that featured 3 Nashville musicians. It was outside by the pool and I was one of only a handful of people that were masked. A friend of mine made a comment "why are you wearing that? They don't work." I replied that I was wearing it to be polite. 4 days later wife received a message that someone at the party had the Covid. My friend and his wife both came down with it. I don't know if anyone else did. I saw him yesterday and asked how it was. Said he couldn't get out of bed for 7 days. I didn't remind him of his mask quip.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you know they caught it at the party? Could have been anywhere else, especially if they were the only ones there who did.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
British Woman Arrested After Filming Empty Hospital Wards While Health Officials Push COVID Panic

https://theconservativetreehou...ls-push-covid-panic/

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
What caught my attention is the reports of a new strain that is so much stronger and powerful. That's worrisome to me.
That's bologna. I've read numerous times from numerous infectious disease docs that everytime a virus mutates, it get weaker. I smell nothing but BS and more attempts to terrify the public.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Factories used in the production hydroxychloroquine burn up within a day of each other. Not suspicious at all. Big Grin

Chemical Plant Explodes in García, Nuevo León State, Mexico - May 6, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkDNHp8DRDY

Venice, Illinois Plant burns May May 6, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO4p2zP9rRw
Of course, the MSM devoted a lot of time and effort to deny hydroxychloroquine production was effected.

HCQ has been restricted by most State Governors - something that has never happened before in the history of our country. America’s Frontline Doctors provides access to HCQ-knowledgeable telemedicine physicians as a service to the American people. Not suspicious at all. Big Grin

https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com/hcq/

Trump should have kept his mouth shut about the benefits of HCQ. Big Grin

Indirectly related to the Covid-19 Plandemic.

The same players from the World Economic Forum warn of crisis that dwarfs Covid-19.
https://www.iceagefarmer.com/2...-wefs-cyber-polygon/

You may want to buy a Generator considering the uncanny timing of the Oct. 2019 Pandemic Simulation by the same group of Scum at the World Economic Forum.
Sponsored by the Bill and Malinda Gates foundation.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/MZ11m6zIxDch/

Engineering a Food shortage.
https://www.iceagefarmer.com/2...e-soybean-situation/

Map of Fires that impact the food supply.
https://www.iceagefarmer.com/fire/ Not suspicious at all. Big Grin

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
follow up to Ronin's post above

https://justthenews.com/politi...500-spoiled-vaccines

Wisconsin police on Thursday arrested the pharmacist who intentionally spoiled more than 500 doses of the coronavirus vaccine by removing it from refrigeration.

The pharmacist is an employee of the Aurora Medical Center. The company on Saturday reported the spoiled doses but said they had been accidentally left out overnight by an employee at a facility in the city of Grafton.

However, the company said Wednesday the employee involved "acknowledged that they intentionally removed the vaccine from refrigeration,” according to the Associated Press.

The unnamed pharmacist was fired before the arrest. And no other employees were involved in the incident, the company said.

A motive has yet to be revealed . The doses were reportedly contained in 57 vials that the pharmacist removed from refrigeration and that were given to patients in shots, reportedly knowing the vaccine would be harmless but also ineffective.

Nonprofit parent organization Aurora Health Care is headquartered in Milwaukee and operates 15 hospitals in Wisconsin.

The pharmacist has been arrested on charges of first-degree recklessly endangering safety, adulterating a prescription drug, and criminal damage to property, according to news reports. The FBI is also reportedly investigating the incident.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Fetal tissue usually doesn't hold up well out of the Fridge.

-- George Orwell