SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
What the Coronavirus really is. Especially for our country. This is "almost" a painless simple reminder of much worse times. Like starving to death slowly.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot:
From Joe Rogan...

Still wanna roll those dice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PwTgpTlJBg

[FLASH_VIDEO][/FLASH_VIDEO]

There is no new information there. It's been known for a while that it can hospitalize young healthy people for a while, sometimes with permanent lung damage to the extremely healthy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
And I thank God every day that Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton. Can you imagine what the 'stimulus bill' would look like if Nancy and Hillary and Schemer got everything they wanted?
It would be nothing short of a complete government takeover of industry and our way of life would be over.

If Hillary were president we wouldn't even be talking about a virus this would be non existent.

My thoughts exactly! Beat me to it.

Exactly right. People on my flight today were wearing god damned dust masks for chrissakes. One idiot had a full 7 inch goatee with a dust mask on. Stupid shit. I'm sick of it. End this nonsense now!

About 30 people on a 737. Ridiculous

Philadelphia airport right now in the middle of the afternoon. Completely empty.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Hillary were president we wouldn't even be talking about a virus this would be non existent.

You cannot really believe that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Here is an interesting county impact map as of this morning I believe as embedded in this story

https://www.clickondetroit.com...-outbreak-in-the-us/

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

You cannot really believe that.

No kidding. If the Democrats had enough power, and were smart enough, and were good enough at keeping secrets to shut down practically the entire world over nothing just to discredit Trump... then they wouldn't have to, because they would already have absolute control over everything.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Is it true that if you make more than 75k you have to pay back the money the government is sending out?

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Relief should be loan only.

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
Is it true that if you make more than 75k you have to pay back the money the government is sending out?

It's my understanding that only people with an income under $74,999 will receive a check. Sucks if you got that merit raise in February sending you from $74,500 to $75,300.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or if you had a job in 2018 and then lost it in 2019 (as this will be based on 2018 tax returns).

That would suck...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
People who file their taxes as individuals are eligible for payments up to $1,200, but that decreases for people who earn more than $75,000 a year. The bill says that the payment is reduced by five percent of every dollar above that mark, or $50 for every $1,000 above $75,000.

What that ultimately means is that for people who make more than $75,000 the payment is less the higher their earnings are, with it being reduced to zero for those who make $99,000 or more.

Couples who file a joint tax return are eligible for a payment of up to $2,400, plus and additional $500 per child. However, that amount decreases for couples who earn more than $150,000 in a year at the same rate of 5 percent of every dollar above that mark.

This translates to less money the more people make, with it being reduced to zero for joint filers without children who earn $198,000 or more.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...avirus-response-bill

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigPacker
posted Hide Post
Interesting info...

Coronavirus vs. Every 2000s Epidemic Fatality comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4no04822NQ

Posts: 2981 | Registered: December 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
People who file their taxes as individuals are eligible for payments up to $1,200, but that decreases for people who earn more than $75,000 a year. The bill says that the payment is reduced by five percent of every dollar above that mark, or $50 for every $1,000 above $75,000.

What that ultimately means is that for people who make more than $75,000 the payment is less the higher their earnings are, with it being reduced to zero for those who make $99,000 or more.

Couples who file a joint tax return are eligible for a payment of up to $2,400, plus and additional $500 per child. However, that amount decreases for couples who earn more than $150,000 in a year at the same rate of 5 percent of every dollar above that mark.
Sheeeeit, if I get any money, I'll do the American thing - I'll use the money to help pay off my 2019 tax bill. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I wish there was a way to turn down the stupid payment in the first place; maybe immediately pay it back the day it arrives? Roll Eyes

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
My household qualifies for “stimulus” but if my joint income exceeds 150k this year (probably won’t) do I have to pay it back. Not a problem if I do. I don’t want any new debt.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

Sheeeeit, if I get any money, I'll do the American thing - I'll use the money to help pay off my 2019 tax bill. Wink

That's exactly what I'll have to do with any money I get. I'm going to have to use the money I've saved for my taxes just to get by and pay bills this month since i'll be out of work at least three more weeks from what we've been told.
Meanwhile...that bitch Pelosi and the rest are holding up the relief bill to try and play games and pack it full of liberal pork. I would love for her and every other politician in Washington to get the virus and drop dead!

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:

It's my understanding that only people with an income under $74,999 will receive a check. Sucks if you got that merit raise in February sending you from $74,500 to $75,300.

I'm under the same belief.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My household qualifies for “stimulus” but if my joint income exceeds 150k this year (probably won’t) do I have to pay it back. Not a problem if I do. I don’t want any new debt.

My wife came across something that she believed was stating that anything you’d get from the government from this stimulus bill you would end up paying back when taxes are due next year.

I have not seen any of this so I can’t be certain....so hoping that someone that knows for sure here will let us know.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

I believe it's based on what you made in 2018.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Based on Wages, Salaries, & Tips or Taxable Income??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post