SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Sitting here in Poland playing yatze having a plague party....will be making a border run to Prague in AM.

Cross your fingers....the yatze game is running long

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Me too, as my daughter attends.

President Fenves' wife apparently brought it back from NYC.

quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I just got an email from the president of the Univ. of Texas stating that his wife is the first confirmed case of Covid-19 on the campus. They are shutting down the campus.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Trump stated that Google was involved in building a new screening website quickly to be a part of the Coronavirus response and noted how quickly the private sector was able to come through on this "unlike other recent websites"...ZING! Nice little shot at you know who. Big Grin

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Good luck!! Send us a selfie from the Powder Tower, the Charles Bridge or Republic Square!!

quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Sitting here in Poland playing yatze having a plague party....will be making a border run to Prague in AM.

Cross your fingers....the yatze game is running long

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think the President needs to make this Dr. Anthony Fauci guy the official spokesman and voice of the administration for this emergency.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Trump stated that Google was involved in building a new screening website quickly to be a part of the Coronavirus response and noted how quickly the private sector was able to come through on this "unlike other recent websites"...ZING! Nice little shot at you know who. Big Grin

Loved the dig

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
So how hard have the booze aisles been hit in the grocery stores?

Posts: 17890 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Did I miss the travel lockdown?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12420 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
If you have adequate covering fire, you'll probably be fine.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Chinese Origin Virus Is Death

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Did I miss the travel lockdown?

No lockdowns that I'm hearing about.

What he basically did was show that the private sector, NOT GOVERNMENT (which is making the libs fume I'm sure) is mobilizing as we speak to kick the ass of this virus.

Government can't get out of it's own goddamn way, so Trump is going around it right to the people that will help find the vaccine and get it out there.

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

Today seems to be the day for big crazy runs on the stores, but I stopped in a liquor store yesterday and there were only a few customers there and the shelves were not noticeably low on anything.

Grocery stores don't sell liquor in Texas, only beer and wine, but I can't report on that, either, because I haven't been to a grocery store in the last few days.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
The President's Chief of Staff and the President need to learn that an address announced for 3 pm, is held on-the-motherfucking-dot at 3 pm.

I like that. MF'n dot.

Go back to the Klinton years, or the Gubberment he ran and advocated. Announced they'd be leaving at 9 meant that might be when they'd start getting ready. I assume had the bitch been elected, it would be significantly worse.

Then compare it to when Ike was Prez. If he said 9:00 it was 0900, plus or minus 0. Of course he was a General, and he did things on his schedule, right to the second. If the media had any integrity, they'd point that out because they also have a clock they adhere to.

Me, I missed his address because I'm old, slovenly, and put my afternoon nap above all else. But I can do that. Nothing I have to say makes much difference to me or anyone else. But then in the overall scheme of things, what I say and think is probably better than anything said by the MSM.

But our posters here are fairly predictable. Some are usually sensible. But like Balze, he's more interested in his own convenience than common sense. DocH has emerged as a voice of common sense. I have the terrible habit of assigning ratings to posters over time. I'm bad (just ask my wife) in that what others say carries forward in how I view what they have to say.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughters College is closing down the semester, she has to have all her stuff out of the condo by Wednesday.

Guess what me and my van are doing tomorrow Roll Eyes

Her graduation was to be May 8th, wonder if that will happen.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’m watching the joint press conference now: President Trump has adopted the FDR approach to fighting the war on the Wuhan Virus: the largest companies in tech, health care, pharmaceuticals, lab testing, and retailing are working hand-in-hand with the Federal government to detonate red tape and regulations that have held up the testing process to date.

If the Wuhan Virus is the threat that the experts say, then this is a stupendous response, with new emphasis on public-private partnership from which I hope we learn how best to deal with such crises in the future.

God bless President Trump and all those working to keep us safe and healthy.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:

What he basically did was show that the private sector, NOT GOVERNMENT (which is making the libs fume I'm sure) is mobilizing as we speak to kick the ass of this virus.

Government can't get out of it's own goddamn way, so Trump is going around it right to the people that will help find the vaccine and get it out there.

Steve Bannon put it best. The pandemic has made Trump a wartime President. Nice to see the private sector rally around him.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
The President's Chief of Staff and the President need to learn that an address announced for 3 pm, is held on-the-motherfucking-dot at 3 pm.

This is looking like they can't make up their mind about the President's message.

Why don't you go tell him yourself, Chief? Roll Eyes

You have NO IDEA what is going on behind the scenes right now that could have caused a <GASP!> 30 minute delay.

Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the President needs to make this Dr. Anthony Fauci guy the official spokesman and voice of the administration for this emergency.

My wife works for NIH and says Dr. Fauci is a very level-headed guy.

Posts: 9045 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
WTF is up with these stupid reporters badgering Trump about "when is every American going to be to be tested?"

Why would you test people that are healthy?

I friggen' hate the MSM. Mad

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
The pandemic has made Trump a wartime President.

Oooh. I like that. Lets see Biden or that bumbling old fool "trump" that. What can they give away to everyone to buy their votes now?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post