SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be something if in the course of the debate Trump says: "... C'mon Man, Joe ..." Smile

Posts: 22908 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^^ That would be uterrly stupid. You want him to sound like slow Joe? You want Joe to say “see, Trump thinks I’m smart enough to rip off.”?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan.'

--- thanks! I like the Trump plan.

Posts: 2541 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden Dodged $500K In Taxes By Exploiting Loophole

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-exploiting-loophole

Since the left is now in histrionics over President Trump's perfectly legal use of the US tax code to avoid paying taxes for 10 out of the last 15 years, perhaps they'll give as much attention to Joe Biden - who used another perfectly legal tax 'loophole' to avoid approximately $500,000 in payroll taxes on $15 million in income.

Of course, they ignored it in July when the Wall Street Journal reported that Joe and Jill Biden took advantage of the "S corporation" payroll tax loophole that the Obama-Biden administration unsuccessfully attempted to close.

According to the report, the Bidens routed income from book sales and speeches through S corporations - avoiding the 3.8% self-employment tax they would have paid if they had been compensated directly, and avoiding as much as $500,000 in taxes.

"There’s no reason for these to be in an S corp—none, other than to save on self-employment tax," accountant Tony Nitti told the WSJ at the time.

And as the Journal's Chris Jacobs wrote last month, "According to the Urban Institute, a couple featuring one high earner and one average earner, retiring this year, will have paid a total of $209,000 in Medicare taxes during their working lives."

"The Bidens avoided paying nearly twice that much in Medicare taxes during two years."

Meanwhile, the Las Vegas Review-Journal suggests Biden is a hypocrite - as the former Vice President has been an outspoken opponent of such loopholes since Ronald Reagan was in office.

Per current tax law, S-corporation owners can legally avoid paying the 3.8 percent self-employment tax on their profits as long as they pay themselves “reasonable compensation” that is subject to regular payroll taxes. The IRS definition of “reasonable compensation” is a tad fuzzy, however, which led to the Bidens reporting less than $800,000 salary on their reported $13 million in combined profits. -Las Vegas Review-Journal

In 2019, The Intercept's Ryan Grimm shed light on the Bidens' use of Delaware corporation laws to conceal financial information (via Breitbart):

"The Bidens have used their home state’s financial privacy laws to shield his income from public view, by setting up two tax- and transparency-avoidance vehicles known as S corporations," wrote Grimm. "He and his wife Jill Biden called them CelticCapri Corp. and Giacoppa Corp., respectively, and, according to the Wall Street Journal, have reported more than $13 million in profits the previous two years that weren’t subject to specific disclosure or self-employment taxes. As CNBC has described, money Biden made from book deals and speeches flowed into the S corporations and was then remitted to Biden and his wife as ‘distributions’ rather than salary. When money is funneled through an S corporation, the recipient doesn’t owe Social Security or Medicare taxes on it, nor can the source of revenue be traced. (In addition to the distributions, the Bidens drew relatively small salaries from the S Corporations: under half a million dollars, for which they owed self-employment taxes.)"

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Wouldn't it be something if in the course of the debate Trump says: "... C'mon Man, Joe ..." Smile
Better would be Trump stating..."You actually think that "Come on man" stuff is going to work with world leaders like President Xi Jinping or Kim Jong Un. Answer the question Joe and try to keep it to two gaffes or less."

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
When money is funneled through an S corporation, the recipient doesn’t owe Social Security or Medicare taxes on it, nor can the source of revenue be traced.

A money laundering wet dream.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Looks like SlowJoe is missing some “O”s in the Hollywood Squares game. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Biden called another lid at 9:52 AM this morning.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
slow moving, but let it sink in

worth a watch

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Biden Dodged $500K In Taxes By Exploiting Loophole

Good for him.
Maybe the tax code needs to change.
Same for President Trump and his taxes.

Really don’t care about the legal acts of either candidate.
What I want to know about are the illegal acts.

What about spying on an incoming President?
Joe was involved with this and I and certain some of the activity was illegal.

What about the Biden fortune?
Where did Joe’s money come from while serving 47 years in government, was any of it illegally obtained through use of his official position in government?
What about quid pro quo with Ukraine?
What about Hunter’s income from Russia?
Was there money laundering with the Biden family?
Was any of the Biden fortune obtained illegally?

So many questions, however both Biden’s and President Trumps legal use of the tax code should be a non-issue.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
So many questions, however both Biden’s and President Trumps legal use of the tax code should be a non-issue.
A better question would be was any of his fortune obtained in a legal manner because it certainly was not obtained in an ethical manner. It sure seems like he lives well beyond the salary of a retired vice president or senator.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 1803 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Biden is a compstitushunal skawler too? Well, scratch my groin, I’m changing my vote to Biden.

Yeah, sure. You and Bryan Lewis:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrvHviEC98o

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
LOL - Binden needs nap time during the debate!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...nights-first-debate/

Trump camp says No.

Trump wants a 3rd party to inspect the candidates for communication devices.

Biden camp says No.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let him have his breaks, and make sure everyone knows what these breaks are about and who requested them.

Posts: 107591 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
LOL - Binden needs nap time during the debate!

Nope, not nap time.

Last several paragraphs-

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16698 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Rush keeps saying that Slow Joe will be no show Joe tonight.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Looks like SlowJoe is missing some “O”s in the Hollywood Squares game. Roll Eyes

Looking at the schedule I think they have been flipping his wake/sleep pattern. A lot of dementia patients get worse at night (sundowners), so I bet they have been having him sleep most days and waking him up around dinnertime, preparing him for the 9:00 PM debate start time.

ETA: The Biden campaign had agreed to an ear inspection several days ago, but backed out today.
https://twitter.com/ebonybowde.../1310975414878248961

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I am fully expecting him to be aggressive and talking over Trump every time he talks. I think too many people have lowered the bar on Biden so it will appear he did well. I certainly hope for a complete meltdown, but I like Rush, believe he will exceed the low expectations I have for him. I hope PDJT absolutely gets inside his head and trigger the senile demented commie.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
supposedly Wallace has leaked the debate questions to Biden. Let the cheating begin...

https://www.toddstarnes.com/po...e-says-jerome-corsi/

Former Vice President Joe Biden has been given the questions to the first presidential debate in advance, noted author Jerome Corsi announced during an interview on radio station KXEL.

News Talk 1540 KXEL is a prominent national radio station and is affiliated with Fox News Radio.

“Joe Biden has been given the questions from Fox’s Chris Wallace,” he told host Jeff Stein. “He’s being prepared on the exact questions he’s being asked.”

Posts: 479 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Let him have his breaks, and make sure everyone knows what these breaks are about and who requested them.

Exactly. Trump should just say, “Looks like it’s time for your break, Joe. I’ll be here when you return.” Then Trump should stand there for the next 30 min waiting. It would be a debate moment like when Reagan called out Mondale for his “youth and inexperience.”

https://youtu.be/fJhCjMfRndk

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post