SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 628
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
American Jews should reject Joe Biden - opinion

Yet history says they won't.

Always been a head scratcher for me, the dems are not bashful about their disdain for Israel

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Because Israel will never 'take a knee' to any country, which is what the democrats expect and respect.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Want to relive the AR-14 moment with Uncle Joe, from 6 months ago? Jerry Wayne got into Joe's head ...

https://youtu.be/8FqGPbs0G0w?t=250

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Any Democrats out there having trouble figuring out that a man who needs two rest breaks to get through a 90 minute debate has no business even contemplating being the Leader of the Free World?

Posts: 13261 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
RichardC

Youtube is playing games with this video and starting it right at the end.I refreshed it and started it at the beginning and emailed it to myself,and it still starts at the end.

I did this to test it.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Which thread do we use to comment during the debate?

Maybe start a new one? With several debates ahead, it seems like such a thread would live for a while.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why don't you ask Para?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
RichardC

Youtube is playing games with this video and starting it right at the end.I refreshed it and started it at the beginning and emailed it to myself,and it still starts at the end.

I did this to test it.

This isn't some nefarious plot by Youtube...

The t=250 at the end of the URL that RichardC posted means "Time=250 seconds" or "start at 250 seconds into the video". 250 seconds is 4 minutes and 10 seconds, the exact length of the video. Thus if you click on that link it actually takes you to the end of the video.

When you generate a shareable link from Youtube, you have the option to do so from the current time in the video you're watching, like if you want to highlight a specific section of a long video, or send a link to just the one joke you wanted to share out of the entire comedy routine. RichardC must have watched the whole 4:10 video, then tried to generate a shareable link from Youtube, and overlooked that he was actually generating a link to his current position in the video (at the end of it).

You then copied this same timestamped URL and emailed it to yourself, which of course then led you back to the end of the video when you clicked on it again from your email.

If you remove the t=250 portion and just go to https://youtu.be/8FqGPbs0G0w? then this non-timestamped URL starts at the beginning of the video as normal, rather than from a specific time (at the end of the video).

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
RichardC

I did this to test it.

Try this link:

https://youtu.be/8FqGPbs0G0w

I think the "t=250" in the earlier link starts it 250 seconds in.

ETA: Missed it by >>>that much<<<!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
ETA: Missed it by >>>that much<<<!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Trump thread. The idea is that the Trump threads are a record of these events. That being the case, let's take it easy on the disposable remarks. Feel free to comment, but don't get overly enthusiastic with throw-away comments.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Creepy Joe's been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize now too. As if the Nobel nominations could not become more absurd after Obama.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-b...-peace-prize-1534802

Joe Biden Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize, Joining Trump, Putin
BY JACOB JARVIS ON 9/29/20 AT 2:35 AM EDT

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, joining President Donald Trump and Russia's President Vladimir Putin in names put forward.

British lawmaker Chris Bryant, a Labour Party member of the U.K. Parliament, told the Evening Standard he put forward the Democrat on Monday.

"When others have resorted to violent solutions, he has argued that the best force is the force of argument," he told the newspaper.

"Because guns can stop a heart but well-placed words can change many hearts, and many hearts can change a world."

The nomination comes just ahead of Biden and Trump going head-to-head in the first general election debate.

It comes with Trump having received his third nomination for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize. He has also been put forward in previous years.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, horse shit. Could the nominator be more obvious? So freaking petty and preposterous.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Looks like Biden’s got a little fella even smaller than Trumpses.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, horse shit. Could the nominator be more obvious? So freaking petty and preposterous.

Obvious and completely inane when we have the first President in decades that hasn't started any wars overseas while negotiating 3 huge peace deals in the Middle East and Eastern Europe.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Para!

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how to stream the debate for those of us without cable?

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It will be carried live by NBC and PBS at 21:00 EDT.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think I got an email saying HULU was going to stream it. Not 100% I thought I saw that mid email delete.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
It will be carried lie by NBC and PBS at 21:00 EDT.
Fixed it for you