SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire
Page 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 629
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." // Biden demands immediate Israel ceasefire Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
First, it wouldn't be 'legitimate' wireless communications, it's cheating on a test! Imagine a 'candidate' for Police Officer having an earpiece during their oral boards....NOT Legitimate!

Second, they wouldn't need to 'jam' the frequency, just transmit distracting audio like Sleepy Joe's Greatest Hits/Gaffs, or Hey, Macarena! C'Mon Man....You Know, the Thing! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8932 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
First, it wouldn't be 'legitimate' wireless communications, it's cheating on a test! Imagine a 'candidate' for Police Officer having an earpiece during their oral boards....NOT Legitimate!

Second, they wouldn't need to 'jam' the frequency, just transmit distracting audio like Sleepy Joe's Greatest Hits/Gaffs, or Hey, Macarena! C'Mon Man....You Know, the Thing! Wink

"Hunter!" "Burisma!" "Hunter!" "Burisma!" "Hunter!" "Burisma!" ...

Posts: 2544 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
An earpiece can be a two-edged sword if it interrupts the thinking process of the person wearing it. If Biden's staff is feeding him answers then my WAG would be that it would be fairly obvious in Biden's delivery.

This ^^^^^

Plus, given his famous lapses in remembering things and forming coherent sentences--even to the point of stumbling over stuff he's seen reading from cards, I can just imagine Joe trying to recite what he hears in that earpiece resulting in a short-circuited version the Telephone Game.

Something like that may work well for cheating at Jeopardy or Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, but I doubt it'll work well in a debate scenario--particularly with somebody exhibiting diminished abilities.

My bigger concern is Joe's team will be fed the debate questions ahead of time, as allegedly occurred with the Clinton team in 2016.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
My bigger concern is Joe's team will be fed the debate questions ahead of time, as allegedly occurred with the Clinton team in 2016.

Why does this concern you? Who’s the president?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8221 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Not only that, but being fed the debate questions ahead of time won't make a bit of difference.
Chris Wallace has already publicly announced the 6 topics to be discussed. Both Trump and Biden will have the opportunity to prepare. Biden can rehearse and memorize and repeat his lines all he wants... he will just come across as rehearsed.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24156 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having an earpiece INCREASES problems with attention and concentration. Simple as that.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I'd say let him have the earpiece, and let it operate as normal. Should there be one in use, Trump's team should intercept its transmissions and record them. He can then play them back for the public to hear.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15724 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
All this talk of earpieces and such, we are all still assuming Biden even shows up next week.

Was listening to Rush Limbaugh‘s podcast yesterday on my way home from work, and he surmised that the reason why Biden‘s team has suddenly put him back in the bunker is due to the fact that they arrogantly believe they have this in the bag and do not need to campaign much further. That any further exposure of Biden in this next 40 days just opens him up to more public flubs and gaffes which they cannot afford, and that he will most likely drop out at the last second from the debate next week.

If you’ve noticed Angry Kamala has also dropped out of sight, this is very strange for a vice presidential candidate, usually they are the ones out there leading the campaigning for the presidential candidate.

If Team Biden thinks they have this in the bag and they don’t need to campaign any more in the next 40 days, they are just repeating the same dumb mistake Hillary made, I say let them keep doing it!

Posts: 33843 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
All this talk of earpieces and such, we are all still assuming Biden even shows up next week.
For the love of God, please stop with that stuff. Just stop it.

Posts: 107684 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The Biden campaign called ANOTHER "lid" for today. Amazing.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m Feeling a little down with putting a lid on Sleepy. I’ve become accustomed to the gaffes & miss them.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’d love to hack the audio feed to Biden’s ear piece. I could have him talking about almost anything. I’d get him going and then urgently say, BUNNY PANCAKE!!! BUNNY PANCAKE!!!!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29720 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there an SNL skit back in the day with the president having an ear piece for a speech?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you’ve noticed Angry Kamala has also dropped out of sight, this is very strange for a vice presidential candidate, usually they are the ones out there leading the campaigning for the presidential candidate.

Yep, little or no mention of her in the news lately. Truly a bizarre election campaign. I think there may be something to the notion that they don’t feel highly confident that Joe will win and they’re going to try to save Harris for a later run, so this way, she’s not generating a wealth of soundbytes, quotes, and video clips that can be used against her next time. Either way, everything about the way they’re running Joe’s campaign has a really weird feel to it.

Posts: 17188 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

Yep, little or no mention of her in the news lately. Truly a bizarre election campaign. I think there may be something to the notion that they don’t feel highly confident that Joe will win and they’re going to try to save Harris for a later run, so this way, she’s not generating a wealth of soundbytes, quotes, and video clips that can be used against her next time. Either way, everything about the way they’re running Joe’s campaign has a really weird feel to it.

It is much more likely that their candidates simply poll better based on their perception rather than the reality. It seems half the country is OK with Joe or Kamala unless they actually hear or see them. It's a bold strategy.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1496 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Kamala likes to play to the black crowd and she can't do that without praising and supporting all the BLM bullshit. And that is making sound bites for the President.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris called Tupac Shakur the “best rapper alive” during an interview at the NAACP’s virtual convention Friday — even though the legendary emcee has been dead for more than two decades.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is a nice soundbite!

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
TSE, I think we’re presenting a “chicken or the egg” type situation here. I guess the real answer is: it’s both. If the idea of these candidates is better than the reality, then it's in their best interest to keep the candidates from disabusing their supporters of that notion, both now and in Harris' case, the future.

Posts: 17188 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, Joes's at the top of his game. Ya think the host would have jumped in to help Trump finish his thought? Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I’d love to hack the audio feed to Biden’s ear piece. I could have him talking about almost anything. I’d get him going and then urgently say, BUNNY PANCAKE!!! BUNNY PANCAKE!!!!
It cannot be just anyone talking to him. I'll bet you the person on the other end is someone he implicitly trust. The only person that fits is his little sister Jill, so you'll need someone who sounds like her.

Posts: 2664 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post