SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^Had Lyme disease once, Sunset, but caught it early. I still felt like crap several months after taking the antibiotics. Time to spray my socks and jeans with Permethrin, the little buggers are crawling already.

Otherwise, instead of a Corona I'll have a National Bohemian, dinner, and call it a day after I start reading a newly arrived book.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Actually I'm having a great day.

Some bold gun store owners (and lawyers) held Tom Wolf's balls to the fire about his shutdown of the state.

My FFL called me this morning and I went to get my STI. Poor guy got 6 phone calls in the 20 min I was there.

Despite the pouring rain, I went to the range--since my club has reopened pending the final state decision.

All alone, socially distancing myself, I shot my sweet, sweet STI in the rain. Then I drove home with no traffic. Like the Twilight Zone.

Tomorrow, it's out to the reloading room to load the 2000 9mm bullets the mailman dropped off today.

Now I am happy and content. Fuck corona.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Got a lawyerly question:

Say I want to drive across country and ride this out with my ex-in-laws, out in the desert. Get in some quality social distancing on deserted hiking trails. Hunker down in a less-populated area with better air.

Does Gov.Wolf's proclamation keep me bound to my house? There are provisions for walking and hiking, as well as driving to the area of exercise. The "other residence" or "care for elderly" is a bit of a stretch, but almost fits ...

Just me and the cat and 2400 miles. 42 hours, with zero traffic and a few short snoozes. Gentle byways, small gas stations, minimal interaction. Sounds like a lovely drive.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
They just put the kibosh on Bell County here in Central Texas...no going out, no gathering, etc...at least the liquor stores are still open...until Apr 3rd...

I’ve been home with my kid for the last two weeks....

And now I can’t go to the range....as it’s not essential movement....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I dropped by the grocery store for a birthday card today... and caught wine on sale. I'm not unhappy about that. Cool

My company is considered "essential" by nature of the products we build; it's "business as usual" for me. Get up, feed the dog, go to work, come home, feed the dog, go to bed, lather-rinse-repeat.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not too bad here....not essential but enough work to keep going semi normally albeit from the kitchen table with the fiancé across the Great Wall of monitors.... if we don’t kill each other I figure this is the best test of compatibility and the wedding should continue as planned in October!

Posts: 198 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The next video in the series from Dr. Jackson.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4FCYBTCykY

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
If this doesn't make you sick, nothing will...

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-union-help-and-more

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Watching old videos, like this one:

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Harris County, Texas issued a "Stay-home-work-safe" ORDER (pfffft) today. Yeah...I'm gonna play tennis in the morning with some buds... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I had an employee melt down today. They are in the "vulnerable" category, diabetic, rheumatoid arthritis, other health issues. Their partner is still going to work every day so they are out of the house as well. We instituted a locked front door to our store on Monday when the governor ordered "non essential" businesses to close. We are not one of them but I am insulating our employees from most public contact but I still have to go out and do service calls.

Total melt down. I got them somewhat rational and told them to bring one of their dogs to work with them tomorrow.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
My job isn't an "essential" one but it is one that I can do from home, and the company is in good shape financially so we're ALL telecommuting. The time frame for that got pushed out to May 1, so another 5 weeks or so barring any further extensions. We'll see. Telecommuting is kind of a PITA for me because I never seem to get as much work done at home compared to in the office - there are too many distractions at home. The other Covid-related bullshit, the closures, the general panic, the shortages, all combine to raise my general stress level.

My roommate is completely freaked out because her immune system is pretty weak and she's convinced herself (with considerable prodding from the "news" media Roll Eyes Mad) that if she catches Corona it would be an automatic death sentence. Nothing I can do to dissuade her from that. She tends to have a short fuse normally, and these days it takes literally nothing to make her blow up, so I'm always walking on eggs.

Between my somewhat increased stress level and her issues, I'm REALLY ready for this shit to be over.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
We just heard BAD NEWS this morning from our program director. They are shutting down our 20 bed unit (detox) and retro fit the rooms for the expected surge in number for Covid 19 related patients. They will float us anywhere in the hospital where we are needed, while they are retro-fitting the 20 bed unit, and possibly turn it into a 40 -bed unit.

The 14-chair chronic, dialysis unit my wife works at was designated or re-assigned to be a "Covid 19" treatment unit ONLY during (Tues-Thurs-Sat). Their regular patients was transferred to another unit.

What really concerns me is that, at this point in time, there are people out in the general public (Not admitted to the hospital), who are "positive to Covid 19 virus, but are non-symptomatic", Or those who "have not been tested yet, but are symptomatic".

This is nuts!!!

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Ok so far, no Boober Eats in my area Frown

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Good for you Brad. Great thinking on the dog too.

My ex is in such panic that she gave herself a bunch of GI problems from worrying, and now thinks its COVID. I told her to take a Xanax or whatever she had available and calm the hell down.

quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
I had an employee melt down today. They are in the "vulnerable" category, diabetic, rheumatoid arthritis, other health issues. Their partner is still going to work every day so they are out of the house as well. We instituted a locked front door to our store on Monday when the governor ordered "non essential" businesses to close. We are not one of them but I am insulating our employees from most public contact but I still have to go out and do service calls.

Total melt down. I got them somewhat rational and told them to bring one of their dogs to work with them tomorrow.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
blood tests reveal that I need to cut my carbs , by two thirds

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Does it make me a bad person feeling a great deal of schadenfreude that Kathy Griffin likely has the Coronavirus?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well I can tell you the "primary" thread on this stupid Fake News Media-Hyped HYSTERIA has pretty much gotten on my last nerve. Beyond that...everything is GREAT!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:

Ugh. Hopefully the dog will help.

One note of caution: in my non-professional opinion, the dog shouldn't go around getting affection from everyone right now, as it can become a transporter of corona cooties. Even if you don't agree that it would, your employee might come to that conclusion after the dog has already been loved on by others.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Well I can tell you the "primary" thread on this stupid Fake News Media-Hyped HYSTERIA has pretty much gotten on my last nerve. Beyond that...everything is GREAT!! Big Grin

Hang in there bud, you will be OK, I promise.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post