SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is everyone doing mentally/emotionally with the COVID situation? Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
A bit concerned since I have three of the issues that are causing death in those that get the virus (over 60, heart disease, impaired immune system).

My wife has been fighting bronchitis for four weeks. She hates doctors and refuses to see one even though its now probably an upper repertory infection (her Dad was the same way with doctors). I'll probably get that from her.

Anyway, stay safe everyone!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Animals Roam Freely In Italian Cities With Humans In Lockdown

https://www.forbes.com/sites/d...ckdown/#7b56b35e7956

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My wife is due with our third child in August and has been holding it together so far but I can tell she’s beginning to get really worried.

We had our first two children in the hospital but she’s really always wanted to have them at a birth center which is basically a home setting facility staffed by midwives and I’m beginning to think this is going to be the better option this time around and stay far away from the hospitals if we can help it.

My employer has mandated that I telecommute until further notice which I had always been set up to do anyway as I provide 24/7/365 support to my facility. My two young boys age (nearly)3 and 5 have figured out something is amiss with the world and the 5 year old’s preschool closed until further notice so they are all out of sorts and acting out a lot right now, it doesn’t help that the weather has been crappy until the past day or so, so we are cooped up inside and not letting them run and play and blow off steam in the back yard.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Neither nonplussed nor nonchalant.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I had a cashier at the local convenience store break down crying as I was buying milk.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Some people are losing it... (NSFW)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^. Hahaha

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Worried about my parents who have poor health and older.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I found this video today. Went to HS with this guy, graduated a year before me. We've talked a bit the last few years. He's pretty sharp.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nWJfPP9KFIA

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
I'm worried about my parents. They are in another state with less access to healthcare than if they were here at home. My wife and I are now on "self-quarantine" because we were in Milwaukee county and our county has called for the quarantine. Combine this with the likelihood that my wife's job with the school bus company is gone indefinitely puts us in a long term financial bind. My graduation in May is "delayed" until September, with degrees being handed out after our may classes have been completed online. Unfortunately there probably won't be any new job hirings in my field until this is over....... To say that times are stressful would be an understatement.

On the up side, we have always tried to be food prepared for long term shortages and have as much rainy day funds set aside as possible. We should be able to make it through the madness.

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Oh, Im laughing so hard Im crying...that was hysterical....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Some people are losing it... (NSFW)

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
I would be considered high on the risk list;
84 yrs. with COPD and recently hospitalized with pneumonia but, all in all, hunkered down with the wife (who's far better off than me). What does piss me off about this is the apparent glee the media takes in reporting other people's misery.
Sort of saddened by the Human Race.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1199 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
While I'm in the higher risk factor, it really isn't bothering me as I'm mostly staying home, but when I go out I take care to not get too close to anyone, and I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in my pocket for use EVERY time I touch something like a keypad or door handle that someone else has touched!

Went on a grocery run to Wal-Mart yesterday, to the local hobby shop to buy some rocket kits and motors, and to Hobby-Lobby for decorative shelf brackets and another model rocket and pack of motors! Hands were sanitized immediately, and I have practically zero worries.

The ONLY thing that is sorta getting on my nerves is having to visit multiple stores for essential items, and the fact that all dine-in restaurants are now limited to drive-through, curbside delivery, or home delivery only!

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I was reminded of other uncertainties that have caused widespread panic concern. To wit, the "D.C. Sniper."

For the past 47 years I've lived in the shadows of the nation's capitol. In September of 2002, people started getting killed by sniper attacks at random locations around the city and suburbs. No one knew how these attacks were being planned or executed, when the next one would occur, or where.

The attacks lasted for almost an entire month. A total of ten people were killed and another three critically injured. At the end, two warped, evil men were arrested, convicted, and sent to jail. They'd actually committed murders before going on their spree. When it ended, the community issued a big sigh of relief.

During that time, everybody was scared to go outdoors. People were being killed at stores, gas stations, parking lots, while mowing the lawn, sitting on a bench, etc.

Under those circumstances, the only protective measures one could take were to stay at home.

The randomness and uncertainty were as they are today with the coronavirus. But today, using simple precautionary measures, one can reduce the chances of being a victim. Hand washing, staying six feet away from others, coughing and sneezing into a tissue or the crook of one's elbow are all better moves than one could take during the sniper attacks. Which to me means that the odds are better against COVID-19 than they were against the snipers.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I live alone save for two cats. We're okay here!
No we aren't.
Yes we are.
No, you are buying into the bull.
I am not!
Will you two shut up and let me type!
No.
No, you damned hypocrite!!
ORANGEMAN BAD!!!
Not this shit again.
Like I said, were okay here!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
For a distraction, ESPN2 is showing crazy shit like eating contests and right now this:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/V_WeBnQLkY4

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Did some grocery shopping today. Went to Walmart, Costco and Sam's Club.

Kind of funny seeing people dressed up like ninjas. Costco was still a nice experience, plenty of staff on hand, they had a dry erase board up front letting people know what was out of stock.

Walmart and Sam's were the same trashy stores they always are. Attitudes of employees still sucked. Went with my neighbor as she went to buy a bicycle. I wasn't there as we drove separately but she thanked a girl at Walmart for going to work. Girl had an attitude and said "I don't have a choice..." while I'm thinking there are people who got laid off and don't have a job to go to.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Here is the second video in Dr. Jackson's series

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iCVcv86cdSM

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
My wife is not doing to good with it, she’s been a little depressed off and on lately because of it. She had a bone marrow transplant at Vanderbilt on 3/23/19. For the one year mark they do another bone marrow biopsy, ct scan and pulmonary test. She’s nervous about going to Vanderbilt on Wednesday for all the tests. She’s scared to death she’s going to get the virus and has not left the house in a week and a half.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post