SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do You Wear a Wrist Watch
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You Wear a Wrist Watch Login/Join 
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
I have worn a watch everyday since 2nd grade First watch was a Star Wars C3PO/R2D2 watch.
Nowadays its a G-Shock with various autos (Maratac, Citizen, Helm) rotated in.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I have a Citizen Eco-Drive but mainly wear an Apple Watch.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
The pricing portion of the poll screwed me over!

I have two watches I wear on a regular basis; one was a shade over $225, and the other was just over $100, so I couldn’t answer that one accurately!

I have a Casio solar-powered analog “Wavecepter” (sp?) that I paid just under $100.00 for, and it gets worn the most as it’s rugged, water-proof to 30-meters, dead-on accurate, and easy to read without glasses.

My other watch which is a bit more dressy is a Pulsar (made by Seiko) gold/silver dress watch that I’ve had going on 25 years now, and it was a shade over $225.00 when I bought it at J.C. Penney’s back in the day! It still looks great and keeps very accurate time, so it gets worn at least twice a week!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
While I voted Solar Analog, mine is actually by Digital and Analog:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I wore one every day since I got my first one at 8 years old. I recently started wearing a Samsung Gear S3 I have the model with Verizon LTE. My watch links to my Samsung note 8 phone but it also has it's own phone number. I can make or receive phone calls on it with or without the presence of my cell phone. If i get bored with the face, i can just download a different face. I can send, read emails and texts. It tells me how well I slept and how many steps I walked. About the only thing I have not done with it is read Sig Forum.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Citizens Eco-Drive

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
btt

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I wear a watch everyday.

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reported for work one morning in a sleep-deprived state (much like many teen-agers) and someone asked me what time it was. I raised my wrist and turned it to read my watch and suddenly realized a buddy had handed me a cup of coffee. A hot cup of coffee over one's body is not a fun thing. I retired the watch - have used my cell-phone ever since!

(Note: Said cell-phone is over ten years old and still works in spite of Verizon saying it has been phased out! It also keeps perfect time, which my years of cheap wrist-watches had a hard time doing!)

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
btt

Why bump a thread this old? People’s answers are likely to change. Whatever I voted before, it’s different now, but I can’t vote to reflect my wearing habits. We would have been better off with a new poll, but now that this three year old thread with eight pages of replies and hundreds of votes is bumped, it’s kind of too late.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I am an Old Guy with balance problems, so I wear an Apple Watch with the "Help, I have fallen and I can't get up" feature.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear a watch all the time, sleeping, in the shower, everywhere.

Fumbling for a cell phone to see what the time is seems to me to be wasting my precious heart beats (remember, God only programmed so many into your heart).

For the last six or so months, I've been wearing a Luminox Pacific Diver, stainless case and bracelet, sapphire crystal, and it is the most accurate watch I have ever had. Only a couple or three seconds different from the clock I use on my computer after 6 months. I have no idea how long the battery lasts in these. It cost about $600 on Amazon, but Synchrony Bank gave anyone a hundred bucks if they got their Amazon only card and used it for a purchase. So, ....

I just looked at the back and it appears you gotta take the case back off to put a battery in. I'll let the jeweler who took care of my various Rolex Submariners do that when it's time (Ha! A pun! When it's time-get it?).

Notice, too, that I never said anything about the accuracy of those Subs.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, most days.
I rotate them--Breitling, Bremont Special Projects AWACS, Omega Seamaster, Ball World Timer and Engineer Hydrocarbon GMT,
Hamilton Electric from 1964, Tissot, and a few others. Many were gifts.

Tim

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I always wear a field watch with big numbers and bright luminosity

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Well I’ve upgraded in the last three years. I now switch off between an omega planet ocean and a Seiko skx007. I still wear the old Seiko from time to time.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Sometimes. Nothing to expensive, I am not they guy who wears a mortgage payment (or multiple payments) on his wrist. Wifey bought me a Caravelle Modern Gunmetal with rose gold accents for my birthday and I like it a lot.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
Yes, even when sleeping....

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I own a bunch of watches, almost all mechanical. The two I tend to switch between the most are my Marathon GSAR (tank that I wear to work) and the Omega Seamaster I inherited from my Father in Law.

I'm hunting for a lightly used Speedmaster, preferably with the "First and Only Watch Worn on the Moon" inscription. Wish I'd bought one a couple years back before the price started jumping up.

I have a fascination with mechanical watches. They are expensive, require maintenance, and are nowhere near as accurate as quartz, but there's just something about a collection of springs and gears that winds itself and can tell time within seconds a day...

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
looking for the $2.00 to $25.00 option

That was me right around the time this survey was first started three years ago.

Nowadays I wear my Citizen Navihawk A-T. Analog/digital hybrid. Definitely NOT a $2 to $25 watch. Got fed up with my 'experiment' with cheap ass made-in-the-PRC Amazon watches. Those would all break within weeks of starting their use. But some DID bust within the Amazon 30-day return period. Gee thanks for giving me the opportunity of actually getting a refund...I guess. Bought this Citizen because it was on sale for $275 at the time. Unlike my last Citizen, a Skyhawk, this one has lasted well beyond a year's worth of wear and use. Like its solar power and the atomic clock sync timekeeping. But I do hate my watch's amber color LED display; near impossible to read in normal lighting.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
You neglected to have a category for those of us who like ANY kind of watch - mechanical or quartz, self-winding or manual Analogue or digital.

I have forty watches, but no digital types - ranging from a couple of hundred $$ up to five figures. I'm very partial to them all, else I wouldn't have them.

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post