SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do You Wear a Wrist Watch
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You Wear a Wrist Watch Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Yes. Have worn a watch every day for the past 12-13 years. It used to be a Casio G Shock but now it’s an Apple Watch because it integrates so perfectly with the iPhone. If I did not have an iPhone, it would be that G Shock or a Citizen titanium band watch.

Posts: 13132 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right now I wear a Citizen Eco-Drive but in the coming weeks I will know if I can buy myself a reward and I am torn between a Luminox Atacama 1902 or a Tissot Chemin Des Tourelles Powermatic 80.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My response has not changed much since my first post other than I own a few more watches, all mechanical/automatics.
I am currently wearing a Tudor Black Bay GMT.

This is what I posted back in 2018
I always wear a watch. I never go anywhere with out one. I even sleep with one on.
In my rotation right now I am wearing a Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph.
My other is a Breitling Avenger II Seawolf.
Both are mechanical automatic.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Always. I’m wearing this one today: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3976 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still no Smile

Posts: 1128 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been wearing a Rolex daily since 1973.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:

Pics please, I wear my grandfathers Rolex for fancy things, mostly wear my eco-drive so I don’t break an expensive watch. I also have a GSAR Marathon I was issued in the service.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11295 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I am always amused to see men pull out their phones to see the time.

I've been referred to as the "old school guy" because I wear an analog design.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
My late father gave me a gold Accutron for H.S. graduation in 1965. Not really my style. In 1969 I bought a Rolex Sea Dweller new on the miracle Mile in L.A. for $300. Never took it off for 16 years, sold it to a friend who gave it to his Marine Corps son.
Over the years I had many other good watches. I sold all but one to buy go faster NFA 'stuff'.
This is my sole survivor:
]

Posts: 4036 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Rolex GMT
2. Soviet Army issue
3. Soviet Navy issue

Starting out as a navigator type, I have a thing about precise time. Time hacks with the NIST clock, that sort of thing.

The Soviet era watches are strictly mechanical but keep surprisingly good time as long as you keep them wound.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same since about '83 for me. It was my grandfather's.

Posts: 706 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wear one most every day, awake or asleep. Feel kinda naked without one.

Rolex GMT II
Kobold (Sinn) Professional A chronograph
Pulsar black chronograph
Wenger chronograph
Citizen ecodrive chronograph
Casio G-shock

Thinking seriously about the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to do a Seiko 5 or Citizen ecodrive but now I wear a smartwatch at work and some form of Fleiger automatic on vacation. One of my favorites is a Poljot Dolphin mechanical alarm but its so damn russian. I seriously have to take it off and smack it on something every few months or it gets stuck.

I'm not actually big on the smartwatch but I compromised when I could check my texts during meetings, set infinite alarms, and replicate a Bell & Ross face for 1/25th of the price. Currently, I'm on leave so I'm rocking this

https://www.panzera.shop/product-category/flieger-47/

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyday...typically a Tudor Pelagos and a g-shock as my work around the house watch. I have about 7 watches in the rotation most are mechanical.

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
My work/beater watch is a quartz Luminox Blackout; my others are "affordable" mechanicals from DeepBlue and Helm.

Browse here to be tortured.............
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...1/m/6290029643/p/325

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:

Pics please, I wear my grandfathers Rolex for fancy things, mostly wear my eco-drive so I don’t break an expensive watch. I also have a GSAR Marathon I was issued in the service.

I think I'd baby that Rolex too. Been trying to talk myself into a GSAR lately. Probably will pull the trigger when yearly bonuses hit in the fall.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear one about 80% of the time. Up until about a year ago I wore one all the time, except for when I was sleeping at night. I have always worn a Casio G Schock.

Posts: 2229 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
My nice watches have been supplanted by my Titanium Square G shock...

I may buy a JLC Reverso/Gold Oyster Perpetual for suit and tie occasions - getting a bit old to pull off a sport watch on a NATO strap w. a suit... But, the Ti G Shock is a really nice watch. I'd rather pay a bit more, and have a better finished version, but still...

Posts: 5744 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Everyday. Citizen Eco Drive Diver for everyday. One of (2) Rolex GMT’s (1 1961 Pepsi, 1 1981 two tone)for nice occasions. Pepsi is probably my favorite. Old school and classic.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Every day. Almost always a Marathon Jumbo Day Date, but I cycle a few others in on occasion.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post