SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do You Wear a Wrist Watch
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You Wear a Wrist Watch Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I've worn a watch ever since I was a kid and got a Star Wars digital watch. Currently using a $20 Timex.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4x5,

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyday, I wear a steel and gold Rolex my wife gave to me for our 2nd anniversary. We have been married for 42 years and I have no plans to replace this watch. Right now it is being refurbished by Rolex.

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I retired 3 years ago and quit wearing a watch on that day. For Christmas my wife and I each received Apple Watches and I started wearing it. Nice Watch

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the past I always wore Seiko or Citizen for work and some cheapo watch for outdoor stuff. Last two watches were G-Shock. My current Casio solar won’t charge enough during the day and displays ‘low’ by 8 pm. I’m looking at Luminox now since I’ve never had one and I want something different.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
So, someone on this forum wears a 100k watch. Wonder if they are playing or we have a multi millionaire on our hands.

Either way, I recently got into watches and have a Hamilton and a tag carrera. I now have my eyes on a Rolex submariner. Hopefully this doesn’t become an obsession like my guns....

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Seiko SKA371, otherwise known as the BFK. I wear it 24/7 except in the shower.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have worn a watch since my military days. Recently I got an Apple Watch. Christmas present from my kids. Always wanted one for the gps function while running. It works great for that. It works great for a lot of things. Big fan now.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I have worn a watch since my military days. Recently I got an Apple Watch. Christmas present from my kids. Always wanted one for the gps function while running. It works great for that. It works great for a lot of things. Big fan now.

I have been thinking of an Apple Watch. How does it work with your phone and iPad. What are the pros and cons?

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of pros. Hooks up to your iPhone like it was made to. Which it was.

Only real con is battery life. Lasts about 2days without using the gps I have found. It is the best alarm clock ever. Low chime but it does this wrist tapping thing. Very gentle but really effective. I find myself putting it on charger in middle of day for an hour or so. Charges fast.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wear one everyday. Casio G-shock analog/digital combo.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I wear a Luminox that I purchased from our own David Truong!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37965 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I love mechanical watches - they have soul, and the engineering feats that they constitute is astounding. One of the decisions I enjoy most each morning is selecting which watch to put on for the day. My first real watch was my Tudor Prince Date. Now it shares duty with a few Rolexes (a Datejust, a GMT Master-II, and a Datejust II). I've long since fallen into the habit of checking my watch for time and date (all of my watches display the date), even though I am surrounded by devices that tell me the date and time.

The datejusts and the Tudor are extremely versatile watches and can be worn almost anywhere for anything. The GMT is more casual, but the ability to independently adjust the local hour hand without stopping the watch is very useful when traveling, and the 24 hour GMT complication is going to pay dividends next time I travel to China. It also helps that all 4 watches are extremely accurate and pretty much bombproof.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I prefer simple analog watches that display time and date. I wear a Momentum Flatline watch on duty. It's a light, thin watch that fits comfortably under long sleeves. I wear a Citizen diver Eco-Drive when I work out (I swim) to keep track of my workout time. Cell phones aren't too practical for water workouts.
BTW, I'm a little amazed that this thread is already 6 pages!

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20106 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Everyday, day and night. The only time my wrist is bare is when I occasionally wash the band of my beater work watch, or exchange it for my precious.

Timex Expedition at work and Citizen Eco-Drive on the weekends and days off.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Seiko Orange Monster.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Casio G-Shock Rangeman

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
I always wear a watch, and have since I was about 15 I guess. Strange that I only have a couple. I wore a Longine Wittnauer that my grandfather bought for me, for quite a few years.

Then I wore a Rolex two tone Oyster from the early '80s until around 2000. Sold it and bought an Explorer II and wore it daily until the last few years when I bought a G-Shock with a Digital display. Then a G-Shock with an analog display, then an iWatch.

Sadly, the Explorer II doesn't get much use any more, I really like the iWatch. Temperature, time, reminders, ability to see messages and phone calls just works really well for me.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a woman & I own 6 watches. I only wear a watch at work (because we are not allowed to have our phones on us) & when traveling (when phone has to be off for flying, etc.) I have 2 "goofy/fun" watches. 1 that is purple with a black & white horse on it & the tail moves to tell the time (I found that watch in the middle of an open field). The other I got from a flea market which is a yellow smiley face.

My "work" watch is an antique Peugeot, wind up that I got used on an eBay auction for $12.00. Huge face that I can see when my hands are full. Love that watch & I get lots of compliments on it.

I have 2 Citizen watches that are the first "nicer" watches I ever bought after I graduated college. Still have them but they are packed away in the attic somewhere. My other watch is a pretty watch that my husband bought me when we went on a cruise. The 2 Citizen watches were on sale, but I have never paid more than $150 for any of them.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post