SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do You Wear a Wrist Watch
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You Wear a Wrist Watch Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Focused:
I carry 2 cell phones at all times. 1 personal (iPhone 11), 1 for work (iPhone 8). Who needs a watch?

People who don't want to pull a cell phone out of their pocket to glance at the time. People who don't want to need to have to be near a power source to be able to check the time. I can check the time before you've even got your hand in your pocket, without stopping or interrupting a variety of tasks, and I also don't have to charge my watch - I do that by being alive and moving.

Of course, I wear a watch and carry a phone, so I consider my bases covered. Wink

Posts: 17132 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
yup
Manual wind up. Most often one like this mine is from 1981.

Hamilton GG-W-113
Size: 34mm x 18mm Movement: 17 Jewel ETA 2750 (Hamilton Cal 649)
Year: 1967 - 1986 Rarity: Common
Depth Rating: 30M Used Price: $250 - $500

mine has a green band.

I like how simple it is and enjoy winding it in the mornings. Not to large or heavy.

It's been working for 40 years. I have others but nearly always look for vintage manual wind watches Although I like my Seiko 5 it's been a great durable watch also.

Sometimes I wear a $30, Timex plastic cased Expedition quartz when I'm going swimming or doing farm and tractor work.
Otherwise its the Hamilton on my wrist 24/7

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Always. Awake, sleeping, at work (have a dedicated Eco Drive) or play (the rest of them).

Always Smile

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I've worn a watch since I was a kid. Never anything expensive, but for some reason, knowing the correct time seemed important to me, even now that I'm retired.

I've been wearing a G-Shock 6900-1 solar powered for the last seven years at all times, and switch to a Citizen Eco Drive for the very, very rare occasions that I want something dressier.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the time, I'm wearing a Iwatch. If I'm going to do something special (dress up, date with wife, etc.) I'll wear a Longines Hydro Conquest or an Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow if its casual, A TAG Carrera if its more formal.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
I've worn a watch most of my life. Had a Casio Pathfinder as my one & only for 14 years, eventually the functions stopped working, I decided to switch to automatics.

Now days I favor dive style watches with easy to read dials due to my aging eyes. I use the bezel for timing various things.

These are some of my favorites...

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 223 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by toxophilus84:
I've worn a watch most of my life. Had a Casio Pathfinder as my one & only for 14 years, eventually the functions stopped working, I decided to switch to automatics.

Now days I favor dive style watches with easy to read dials due to my aging eyes. I use the bezel for timing various things.

I'm right there with you. I rotate between a Suunto Core Black and a Citizen Eco-Zilla (old eyes) since they are easier to read. Any suggestions on reading that date window though short of buying a Rolex or something with a date magnifier?

Posts: 585 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bordeth:

I'm right there with you. I rotate between a Suunto Core Black and a Citizen Eco-Zilla (old eyes) since they are easier to read. Any suggestions on reading that date window though short of buying a Rolex or something with a date magnifier?

I've been toying with the idea of taking some of my most worn time pieces where the Day/Date are next to each other and having a magnifier installed on the surface of the crystal.

I've noticed that the date on Seiko Sea Green seems to be easer to read than the others.

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 223 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I wore a watch most my life but about 2 years ago I stopped.

Didn't really see a need since I carry not 1 but 2 cell phones daily (work and personal).

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Pretty much always, unless I'm sleeping and sometimes even then. For the last 3 or 4 years a Citizen Eco-Drive analog. Before that I had a cheapie Seiko analog that I wore for probably 25 years before the guy at the store broke it while putting in a new battery.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I went from not really caring much about watches to absolutely adoring automatic watches. My first watch was a Timex Expedition that I wore for about a year or two and then lost at VA Beach while surfing in the amazing waves before hurricane Isabel. I bought the exact same watch and eventually lost it too while surfing a year or two later when the strap again failed in big waves. I replaced the 2nd Timex with an obnoxious red G shock rescue which I still have but don’t wear unless I’m biking or surfing.

I tend to rotate through a quite few watches depending on the season and my mood. This is my current summertime heavy rotation. The new Seiko Capt’n Willard & Turtle are probably my fav do it all watch but it’s kinda hard to have just one favorite. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post