SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    James Comey terminated
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Comey terminated Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They are kept in the ladies locker room

Posts: 24161 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Rhetorical question:
Where are the polls showing public support for the democrat position on all this?

That's a great question. But I wouldn't believe such polls if they were shown by network news.

So far, people who liked trump pre-election like him more, and the rest are still losers.

Posts: 2438 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Rhetorical question:
Where are the polls showing public support for the democrat position on all this?

They probably only polled the newsroom.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8363 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
FBI No. 2 did not disclose ties to Clinton ally, records show.

A top FBI official who came under scrutiny last year over his wife’s campaign contributions from a Hillary Clinton ally did not list those 2015 donations or his wife’s salary in financial disclosure forms, according to records reviewed by Fox News.

The records, obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request, show FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe left the box blank for wife Dr. Jill McCabe's salary, as a doctor with Commonwealth Emergency Physicians. And there is no documentation of the hundreds of thousands of campaign funds she received in her unsuccessful 2015 Virginia state Senate race.

As first reported by The Wall Street Journal, Clinton confidant and Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe urged McCabe’s wife to run for statewide office shortly after news reports were published that Hillary Clinton used a private email server and address for all her government business while serving as secretary of State.

For the reporting period of October through November 2015, McCabe's campaign filings show she received $467,500 from Common Good VA, a political action committee controlled by McAuliffe, as well as an additional $292,500 from a second Democratic PAC.

Asked why the deputy director did not list his wife's salary or the campaign contributions on the "Executive Branch Personnel Public Financial Disclosure Report" (OGE Form 278e) for 2015, an FBI spokesman said the forms were certified as "in compliance with applicable laws and regulations." The spokesman added Office of Government Ethics regulations do not stipulate that a spouse's salary or contributions received by a spouse's political campaign must be declared.

After this story was first published, an FBI spokesman provided an on-the-record statement to Fox News defending how McCabe's disclosure forms were handled:

"The rules instructing filers how to complete the OGE 278e form are published by the independent Office of Government Ethics (OGE) in a document titled 'The Public Financial Disclosure Form (July 2016).' The form does not require that an employee spouse's salary be disclosed; only the employer name and type of income required. Nor does the form require or contain a line for campaign contributions, which are not considered income. Rules governing campaign donations are overseen by the Federal Election Commission.

Each form submitted by an FBI employee to the OGE is certified by FBI's chief ethics officer, who heads the Office of Integrity and Compliance. Mr. McCabe consulted with this office upon his wife's decision to run for political office."

The document was filed by Andrew McCabe on July 8, 2016, after he received a 44-day filing extension. He filed three days after FBI Director James Comey's public statement where he recommended against criminal charges in the Clinton case.

According to the OGE website, despite the box on the form for spouse income, it is not mandatory to fill in the blank, and it is not required to include contributions to a political campaign because there is a lower level of disclosure for the spouse.

The chief of policy for Issue One, which describes itself as a "bipartisan organization dedicated to reducing the influence of money in politics," said this is another example of how the disclosure system is flawed.

"The OGE itself and operates as a ‘compliance’ agency -- taking the information given to it by the covered government official and working with that. I have not heard of the office doing any further investigation to assess whether the information provided by the official is actually correct, unless that information is uncovered by outside forces like the media," Meredith McGehee told Fox News, adding that her group is discussing possible changes with Capitol Hill offices.

"There is a need to strengthen OGE's authority -- from clarifying its power to conduct investigations to giving it authority to conduct random audits to having it play a larger role for matters involving high-ranking executive branch officials,” she said.

"If it's not required, then why is there a spot on the form for spouse's income?" retired FBI agent Jeff Danik said. Danik filed the FOIA requests with the FBI, and shared the financial disclosure forms with Fox News.

"Isn't it particularly convenient that loopholes in the ethics law are used to eliminate reporting hundreds of thousands of donated dollars benefiting the spouse of one of the most powerful FBI executives, while at the same time those laws demand that every dime in earnings on a minor stock account be disclosed?” he said. “That hardly seems transparent."

Andrew McCabe was at the center of the FBI's investigation into the use of Clinton's use of a private, unsecured email server as secretary of state – despite his wife having run for office supported financially by a close Clinton ally.

Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, in a November 2016 letter to the Justice Department inspector general, noted that in July 2015, around the time the Clinton investigation began, Andrew McCabe was promoted to associate deputy director at FBI headquarters -- the No. 3 position.

Yet, Grassley wrote, "the FBI asserts that Mr. McCabe did not have an ‘oversight role’ in the Clinton investigation until he became the number two in command in 2016. However, the FBI's statement does not foreclose the possibility that Mr. McCabe had a non oversight role while associate deputy director. Thus, even during the time period in which his wife's political campaign received approximately half a million dollars from Gov. McAuliffe's political action committee, and over $200,000 from the Virginia Democrat Party, he may have had a role in the investigation and did not recuse himself."

Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz is now conducting a sweeping investigation of events leading up to the November election, including potential conflicts at the FBI, Comey's public recommendation against prosecution, and related matters -- which are expected to include then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch's tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton at Sky Harbor airport in Arizona one week before Hillary Clinton's FBI interview.

In his letter, Grassley noted the Journal reported “98% of the Gov. McAuliffe related donations to his wife came after the FBI launched the investigation.” Given this, he wrote, “the FBI must provide a more detailed explanation as to why it determined that it was appropriate for Mr. McCabe to participate in that investigation in any way."

McGehee said states like Virginia have a “long tradition of very little regulation … and minimal disclosure,” meaning “inadequate disclosure of real and potential conflicts of interest for those individuals who are subject to financial disclosure requirements and thus by definition are taking on powerful positions in the federal government."

Catherine Herridge is an award-winning Chief Intelligence correspondent for FOX News Channel (FNC) based in Washington, D.C. She covers intelligence, the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security. Herridge joined FNC in 1996 as a London-based correspondent.

Pamela K. Browne is Senior Executive Producer at the FOX News Channel (FNC) and is Director of Long-Form Series and Specials. Her journalism has been recognized with several awards. Browne first joined FOX in 1997 to launch the news magazine “Fox Files” and later, “War Stories.”

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Trump Cans Comey Like A Boss
Townhall.com
Kurt Schlichter|Posted: May 11, 2017 12:01 AM

We always knew Donald Trump was brassy, but until he sent half-stepping ex-FBI Director James Comey packing, we didn’t know that his manparts were made of brass. You gotta be hardcore to step up to that sanctimonious tool, that Kasich-With-A-Badge, and cut him off at the knees in the face of the inevitable monsoon of fake news media panic, girlish Democrat howling, and sputtering Menschian Russianoia.

No hesitation. No apologies. When it became inarguable that this pumped up functionary with delusions of omnipotence had finally passed his sell-by date, Trump pulled the trigger. That’s taking charge. That’s leading from the front. That’s regulating. Damn, it’s nice to once again have a chief executive who’s not a simpering femboy.

The pathetic Democrats were caught so utterly off-guard, and were so completely bought-into their spittle-flicking Comey hate, that their 180 from calling for Comey’s head to calling for his restoration will give them mental whiplash. They’ll be in figurative neck braces just like the one their hero Ted Kennedy wore after he left Mary Jo in the pond....

...The Democrats are fuming, enraged that President Trump dared to fearlessly exercise the power of every other president and dismiss those who serve at his pleasure whom he no longer finds pleasing. But he rejects the idea that because liberals disapprove, his every action is somehow illegitimate...Link

Said it before, and can easily say it again...I'm to see a set of ball swinging in the White House again.

Posts: 3261 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Trump Cans Comey Like A Boss
Townhall.com
Kurt Schlichter|Posted: May 11, 2017 12:01 AM

Damn, it’s nice to once again have a chief executive who’s not a simpering femboy.

Hard to argue with that!

Posts: 15137 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Since Trump is a master of trolling the left, I was thinking that it'd be just his style to nominate a highly qualified Russian-American to be head of the FBI. Just the thought of lefty heads exploding makes me chuckle.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23624 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...r-fbi-investigation/

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) on Thursday vouched for President Trump’s assertion in a letter to former FBI Director James Comey that he was not under investigation by the FBI.

Grassley told committee members at an executive meeting that he and Ranking Member Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) had met with Comey last week, and that he had briefed them on who the targets of the various investigations are.

“Senator Feinstein and I heard nothing that contradicted the President’s statement,” he said.

Feinstein then said after Grassley’s statement, “I very much appreciate what you’ve said and it’s very accurate, and we were briefed.”

During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing last week, Comey refused to confirm whether the president was under FBI investigation, saying that doing so put him on a slippery slope of having to answer who else is or is not under investigation.

“I understand why he took that position, but I don’t agree – at least not when it comes to the President and senior government officials. The American people deserve to know if senior government officials are under active criminal or intelligence investigation,” Grassley said.

IMHO: If Comey had said last week that President Trump was not being investigated, Comey would be FBI Director today.

There was all this cutesy ambiguity that looked like President Trump was the target.

http://www.washingtonexaminer....ssia/article/2622899

Grassley:

"Mr. Comey did brief Ranking Member Feinstein and me on who the targets of the various investigations are,"

"It would not be appropriate for me to reveal those details before the professionals conducting the investigations are ready. So I will not answer any questions about who are targets of the ongoing Russia investigations. But I will say this: Shortly after Director Comey briefed us, I tweeted that he should be transparent.

I said he should tell the public what he told Senator Feinstein and me about whether the FBI is or is not investigating the president. On Tuesday, the president's letter said that Director Comey told him he was not under investigation. Senator Feinstein and I heard nothing that contradicted the president's statement."

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Way to keep ahead of 'em Donald!!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
He's also tired of the media 'gotcha' game where they intentionally try to trip up the press secretary and ask 50 different people questions and if any one of the answers is even slightly different it's covered like a federal crime or Watergate.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Love it.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I know this isn't going to happen, but thinking about what would happen if it did makes me smile. The confirmation hearing would be priceless.

Chuck Norris meets with Utah fans, says he’d accept job as FBI leader if America needs him

http://www.sltrib.com/news/527...meets-with-utah-fans

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Way to keep ahead of 'em Donald!!

I feel even better after seeing this media reaction Big Grin Big Grin

- John Adams

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I want David Clarke.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Too bad we can't have John Wick as FBI Director. Cool

After all, he's a nice church-going guy...

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I want David Clarke.

Me. too!!!!!!!

We need someone in that position with the dedication, BALLS to do the damned job instead of using it for personal reasons.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a script worthy of Mr. Swackhammer, the media is propounding the idea that President Trump fired Comey solely because of the Russia investigation.

However, when I hear the video of his statement in an interview with Lester Holt the only thing I get is that when he made the final decision "the Russia thing" was on his mind.

Mr. Swackhammer would be proud of the tergiversation. What was President Trump supposed to have on his mind? That grapefruits taste better if sprinkled with lots of brown sugar?

I'm sorry. Was that too racist for you?

As stated previously by Parabellum. With regards to the media, President Trump is never going to get a break. Nothing, nada. Just twisted interpretations. Got to get used to it.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
reason for President Trump's tweet about maybe there were "tapes":

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ails-new-york-times/

Former FBI Director James Comey is now leaking details of a private dinner with President Donald Trump to the media, through some of his close associates.
According to the New York Times, the FBI director had dinner with Trump in January after the inauguration, citing private details of the meeting that portray Comey as a martyr.

Comey’s people, “who have heard his account of the dinner” and spoke anonymously, insist that Trump asked the director to pledge his personal loyalty to him, but he declined. They added that Comey was wary about dining with the president, but believed he couldn’t turn him down.

The White House, however, disputed the report.

According to the White House, one of the many reasons Comey was fired was because he failed to stop sensitive leaks of information to the media.

there are many reports out that Comey would never had told President Trump whether he was under investigation or not.

BUT, Senator Grassley has said that Comey told him who was under investigation and it was consistent with President Trump's statement.

So much BS flying around it is harder to find honest reporting now that it ever has been. We are way into Baghdad Bob territory now.

Corey Booker says it is Paul Revere time and "the Russians are coming"
What an idiot.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
If President Trump eliminated death, the left would bitch about his promoting overpopulation.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post