SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
Sadly, I tuned in to a Dallas Cowboys game for the last time tonight. Seeing them take a knee was a slap in the face. I’m done with the NFL.

I thought the owner of that team told them that they will NOT kneel.

Various Facebook posts in that vein attributed to the owner of the Dallas Cowboys were proven to be false (back a few pages in this thread).

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
Sadly, I tuned in to a Dallas Cowboys game for the last time tonight. Seeing them take a knee was a slap in the face. I’m done with the NFL.

You can post a comment (at the contact us page) on their websight if you want to tell them so. I did.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

so lets make everyone happy !

Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Rightwire...

I think that was fake news courtesy of FaceBook postings.
Yes, that was fake news courtesy of Facebook. Jerry Jones didn’t say that.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just sent the Cowpuffs a nice email. Pretty much told them I was born and raised in Texas and have been a fan since birth 39years. Then I told them my father served 21 years in the Army and is buried in Arlington National Cemetary section 60.Then I told the puffs when the Anthem plays you STAND with your hand over your heart or in a salute. No other choices. Can’t be a fan anymore and good riddance!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Report This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Well, no one can claim they disrespected the flag. I’ve been a Cowboys fan for 37 years and I’ll continue to watch them.

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
So watching the Mon game to see how things unfold, the entire Dallas Cowboys team including Jerry Jones, kneels before the National Anthem.
But during the Anthem, both teams are standing arm, on seperate sides, which is a good thing.
You could hear a lot of boos though, when the Cowboys knelt.

Trying to eat his cake and have it, too. Lame.
Seriously. Fracking. Lame.

quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
Well, no one can claim they disrespected the flag. I’ve been a Cowboys fan for 37 years and I’ll continue to watch them.

Like Mike Rowe said "...football fans have shown a collective willingness to ignore and enable all sorts of dubious behavior."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
So watching the Mon game to see how things unfold, the entire Dallas Cowboys team including Jerry Jones, kneels before the National Anthem.
But during the Anthem, both teams are standing arm, on seperate sides, which is a good thing.
You could hear a lot of boos though, when the Cowboys knelt.

Tonight was the very last chance of any sort of redemption the NFL had for their disrespectful stance on the symbol of our country and its anthem. Instead of choosing to be the adult in the room, Jerry wants to be a futon but apparently doesn't realize that futons suck at being couches and beds both - and nobody is fooled by his performance.

Way to go "Jerry The Futon",- you have showed us exactly where you stand and that your loyalties lie only with the greenback dollar - not with America's founding, and true, principles or the patriots that love her.

Never again in my lifetime will I watch or support anything that has any connection with the NFL.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Yeah, typical weaselly Jerry Jones stunt. Let's all kneel when we first come out, then we'll stand for the national anthem. Then no one can be mad at us!

Wrong.

As I stated earlier, I, like many others, am done with the NFL. I used to get excited every fall when the season was about to start. Not so much recently.

Not caring about the NFL will make my life easier now - I will not feel the need to find a way to watch a game while on a trip overseas somewhere. Screw 'em.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I can live with out the NFL. I'll do my part, definitely no NFL anything, trim out the sponsors products, write letters. Won't go out and burn up my Mustang or 150 though - they got me already on them.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

They weren't kneeling in prayer. They were kneeling in solidarity with the disrespectful jackasses that do not know or acknowledge the lies behind why they are kneeling in the first place. You and they think the timing of when they kneel actually removes the stigma of why they kneel? I don't follow that logic at all because it's just delusional justification to keep doing something that ought not to be done.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:

They weren't kneeling in prayer. They were kneeling in solidarity with the disrespectful jackasses that do not know or acknowledge the lies behind why they are kneeling in the first place. You and they think the timing of when they kneel actually removes the stigma of why they kneel? I don't follow that logic at all because it's just delusional justification to keep doing something that ought not to be done.
When the flag was out and the national anthem being played they stood respectfully. As a former police officer I don’t agree with the Black Lives Matter crew or what they believe. What I do believe in is America, freedom and the Constitution of this great country. Their employers allow them to exercise their rights and other people are allowed to watch or not, spend their money or not. Just like I think people that burn the flag are pieces of shit, the Supreme Court which the Constitution empowers has ruled this dispicable behavior is legal.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:

Also, ultimately, someone should ask hims or herself: "At what point would I turn them off?"

I mean, peeing on the flag? Putting on headphones and rapping out during the national anthem? Giving a straight up over-the-head-double-thumbs-down during the anthem?

I don't care. Everyone has to decide for themselves. Personally, to celebrate a movement that was started because some jack-wagon tried to steal some crap and then strong-arm a cop, during the national anthem is the line I choose.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9158 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I don't watch much football did watch parts of tonight's game. I'm not sure what message the Cowboys were trying to send with the two second kneel but whatever.

They all stood for the National Anthem.

It seems they are free to take the knee for whatever reason they want in the NFL and while many teams/players have chosen to do so during the National Anthem every Cowboy stood for the entire song.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Yeah, typical weaselly Jerry Jones stunt.

Well, not as weaselly as firing Tom Landry. A man who would do that is not to be trusted!

I lost interest in the Cowboys right then and there.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

Like Mike Rowe said "...football fans have shown a collective willingness to ignore and enable all sorts of dubious behavior."

Yup. Keep snorting that Cowboy Crack.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zdog16:
Just sent the Cowpuffs a nice email. Pretty much told them I was born and raised in Texas and have been a fan since birth 39years. Then I told them my father served 21 years in the Army and is buried in Arlington National Cemetary section 60.Then I told the puffs when the Anthem plays you STAND with your hand over your heart or in a salute. No other choices. Can’t be a fan anymore and good riddance!

Every Cowboy player was standing arm in arm for the National Anthem. Maybe they didn't all have hands over there heart but each and every player was standing facing the flag.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The irony. I never would have thought Jerry Jones and the Cowboys would have done this. It wasn't too long ago at a Black Lives Matter protest that five Dallas police officers were murdered in his town. And there is no mistake whatsoever; this kneeling shit is all about their anti-police and whitey America is racist agenda).

Wow.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post