SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Derek Chauvin Trial
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Derek Chauvin Trial Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Several of the prosecutor "heavies" are unpaid volunteers. This isn't "justice" in any sense of the word.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Derek receives an unjust decision, I would expect many MN police would retire. Hiring quality persons would be come very difficult, and the city would accelerate it's democratic spiral down.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This thread is going to end up getting locked PDQ

Para, please read this in the tone intended, respect.

What is it that you saw, expect to see, that caused you to write that? If there is a certain topic/behavior that is pushing you in the direction of locking this, would you share it?

I have no problem saying publicly that I will ‘report’ any violations of your rules in this thread. This event is happening 10 minutes from my home; SigForum is the last place I have on line to go and discuss things openly.

Thank you, Para.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I would bet that if he's found not guilty, that his next problem will be a Federal Civil Rights prosecution.

That seems to be the standard way to get around double jeopardy in politically motivated cases that fail on the first attempt.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Several of the prosecutor "heavies" are unpaid volunteers. This isn't "justice" in any sense of the word.

Yeah, this seems fair. Roll Eyes

Team by John Thomas, on Flickr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
My initial reaction is that the Court is simply licking its wounds and over-reacting to denying Daily Mail media credentials over this.

For right or for wrong I am usually pro news-media in stuff like this.

Daily Mail denied media credentials for publishing body-camera footage in George Floyd case

https://m.startribune.com/dail...loyd-case/600038257/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’d love to hear from a legal-eagle: With this being a public viewed trial, will the prosecution/defense read the ongoing public opinions about their performance and adjust course or strategy based on those observations?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm of the opinion that the only "public" that should be observing the trial are those of the local community, and that it should NOT be televised.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
During the Zimmerman/Trayvon case the defense absolutely was fed info by outside people during the live broadcast.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
During the Zimmerman/Trayvon case the defense absolutely was fed info by outside people during the live broadcast.

I am not arguing or challenging you, I’m just curious what makes you say that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Chauvin Trial Day 1: Opening Arguments & Three State Witnesses
By Attorney Andrew Branca / March 29, 2021

https://lawofselfdefense.com/c...ree-state-witnesses/

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
This poor schlub is going to get the railroading of the century. Justice ain't any part of it. It's scapegoating and vengeance, pure and simple. Someone has to pay the piper, and it will be Chauvin, by hook or by crook.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
How many threads on this do we need?

Just give me a number, guys. How many separate threads shall we have on this shit that just won't fucking go away? How many? Once I have a solid number, then I'll know whether or not we need any more threads on this subject. You say "seven" and we get eight, oh, boy I'm jumping ino action.

So, how many? We can have threads on the trial, the jury, the judge, the prosecution, the defense, the rioters err peaceful protesters, the "news media". I'm figurin' at least a dozen threads. Whadda ya think? You guys want to examine and analyze this shit which apparently is NEVER going away? Well, then let's not half-ass it.

Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Anybody catch Tucker Carlson tonight? He had Greg Jarrett on to discuss the day one proceedings. Jarrett basically stated that Chauvin was guilty and should be convicted of 2nd degree murder. I would suggest Jerrett climb back into the liquor bottle he's spent much of his life in and not come out again. The guy's a clown who should have been fired from FOX long ago. Apparently the prosecution put up the video of Floyd's arrest for the jury to watch and that in itself is going to convict Chauvin according to Jarrett. I hope there are at least a couple jurors who are smart enough to see through that BS charade and review the autopsy report to see the real cause of Floyd's death.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Money will determine whether the accused goes to prison or walks out of the courtroom a free man."

I believe he also said something to the effect of:

... Nothing about right and wrong, it's about who puts on the best show.

Johnny Cochrane

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I am not arguing or challenging you, I’m just curious what makes you say that.

Another forum I visit was 24/7 about the case, and sent something during a recess. It’s been almost a decade so I don’t remember exactly. They are currently trying to match one of the Chauvin witnesses to someone in riot footage.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm watching the trial to make my decision.

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

-----------------

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Expert testimony from a security guard who was a wrestler in high school and does MMA on neck holds.

Can't make that up.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Expert testimony from a security guard who was a wrestler in high school and does MMA on neck holds.

Can't make that up.

Who watched George's life end right before his eyes with a man shimmying on his neck and leaving it there long after losing consciences. Hard to tap out with 3 guys holding you down and hand cuffs on.

-----------------