SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
By the lack of rave reviews on the 2013 I assume they are young and need some rest.

And by the way what's wrong with you Minnesotians that you can't get your act together and become a red state like the rest of the Midwest.

The 2013 was good, really good actually. It started with that Tat flavor profile that I can never put a finger on, but really like. I want to say smoked fish, but that is the best I can come up with.

1/2 way thru it lost it - just an 'average' cigar. They are $20 a crack, even online, so I am going to pick up one more and let it sit for a year and then try again.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email will be sent shortly. Thank you and I appreciate it. Happy Birthday Ronin.

I got bit by the bored and online bug. Bought another sampler from CI that showed up last night. I also bought some more Gurkhas as some of the guys speak very highly of the whole line. Hope my new Pelican case/travel humidor shows up soon so I can store them more properly than plastic zip lock bags.

Gonna smoke something in a bit. I've found the mid afternoon cigar doesn't keep me up as late as the after dinner ones do.

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Came across this today at $7 a stick this is a great deal on these cigars.

http://store.cigarfederation.c...?variant=19440789253

Good site and they ship quick they also take lapyap so you can pay cash.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Celebrating a Trump victory yesterday at the Redneck Country Club with a Texas IPA and a AVO 85th Anniversary (2011) cigar.
Very Enjoyable.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Color me jealous, I went there to see Ray Wylie Hubbard almost 2 years ago. Would like to have a membership but its a little too far for that. How was the crowd?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Color me jealous, I went there to see Ray Wylie Hubbard almost 2 years ago. Would like to have a membership but its a little too far for that. How was the crowd?

I have no membership.
Yesterday they was a special opening (for anybody) for lunch and all food was half price ('cept beer Frown).
Kinda unusual as Micheal Berry hates Trump but maybe HRC even more.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This is a My Father LE from 2015. It's s bigger RG than I like but the flavor is great creamy nutty with some Pepin spice.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Cao Colombia. Pretty good so far at halfway. Some spice, pepper and it's really smooth. A heavy cedar is starting to develop and im not a fan of heavy cedar.

The stepdaughter and I are, were (damn daylight savings) building a bb/pellet gun trap/box. Using osb 4'x8's some carpet jute to pad the back side and reduce ricochets. She was having a blast using my power tools.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Tonight's selection is a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva Divino.

It's been disappointing. I rarely pay more than $10 for a stick and this one was $11.50 Had a favorable write up so i thought I'd give it a go.

Decent burn and draw but no particular flavor jumps out.

I also bought a Monte White Connecticut wrapper that was even a tad higher. Been impressed with the White series so I thought I'd see if it was worth a shot.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... for the cool calm evening after a blustery day - a Davidoff Puro d'Oro Magnificos ... great burn, easy to smoke, espresso and spicy flavors.I think I'm getting the hang of this ...

Accompanied with Lagavulin - follows the adult milk shake (bourbon, chocolate liqueur & vanilla ice cream).

John Matrix on the screen ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post

Snapped a quick picture in the light before I stepped out the door. It's getting dark early now, but I'm still up late watching the game!!

GO COUGS!!!!

To celebrate a great first half, a Montecristo Pilotico Pepe Mendez.

It's bringing the spice just like the Cougs tonight!

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best stick this past week was an Alec Bradley Presnado. I got it from the Motherlode Sampler 19 from Cigars International.

It was very complex but incredibly smooth. Very little spice which I appreciated but lots of chocolate, leather and earthy flavors.

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Best stick this past week was an Alec Bradley Presnado.

Easily one of my favorites.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I'm going to resist...

I'm going to resist...

I'm going to resist...

I'm going to resist...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've got a friend who really likes 6x66 Gran Habano Czar #5 Corojo cigars but they have recently had a significant price increase which puts them above his self imposed per stick limit.

Anyone have a suggestion as to a less costly substitute of equal quality and strength?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Last years were great, If I could afford it right now I would.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I didn't resist-

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... a couple of thoughts/suggestions from here ...

What will you smoke for this Thanksgiving?
What to smoke on your (not a milestone) birthday?

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I've got a friend who really likes 6x66 Gran Habano Czar #5 Corojo cigars but they have recently had a significant price increase which puts them above his self imposed per stick limit.

Anyone have a suggestion as to a less costly substitute of equal quality and strength?

Anyone?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
... a couple of thoughts/suggestions from here ...

What will you smoke for this Thanksgiving?
What to smoke on your (not a milestone) birthday?

My Go To birthday cigar is Opus X .

For Thanksgiving, probably going to forego a seegar as I have to work overnight EMS.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post