SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The Tat TAA are not that limited. They are on the market for 3-4 months. Each year they increase production last year they had 2800 boxes 56,000 cigars.

Patience my friend.

Edit to add what makes them seem rare is only shops that belong to the TAA, (tobacconist association of America), can sell them. I buy a lot of cigars on line from Emersonscigars.com they are a TAA dealer. That's where our box came from.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a day it has been so far. It started out at 4:30th is morning to my black and tan throwing up. Cleaned that up and then had to be up at 5 to get ready for the kids last swim meet of the season. Sit in the hot sun for five hours and return home. I thought I was going to have to put my beloved black and tan coonhound down today. Upon returning home, there were puddles of blood from vomit. Rush to the animal hospital and just returned about a half hour ago...with Dixie. They gave her an IV and some media for dehydration from the vomiting and possibly an infection from getting into our puppies food. My wife informed me of that on the way to the hospital. The vet agreed that this may have been the cause and this is why we chose the treatment we did. Though, if this does not work, unfortunately, my Dixie will have to cross the bridge. This sucks. I REALLY hope that she pulls out of this and is back to her normal self. I'm sorry, this is a cigar thread, not a vent thread so onto the cigar. I am trying to relax with an Undercrown from that sampler I got last week. I got tears streaming and trying to concentrate on the cigar but I'll have to review it another time. Yes, she is by my feet on the deck with me. Please be OK?

Posts: 3666 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sorry, this is a cigar thread, not a vent thread so onto the cigar.

Holy crud Petr!

You know you are among friends here - vent away.

Thoughts and prayers my friend, thoughts and prayers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12341 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Petr,

Yes is really sucks when the dogs get sick and your faced with those decisions. I just went though that a few weeks back and not good for the whole family (and friends too).

Enjoy the smoke, we are here and feel your pain too.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Posts: 3666 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Good luck Peter hope you dog feels better soon. Just a question why would puppy food make an adult dog sick?

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Pete, if I can help you in any way with the food situation just let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Posts: 12924 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She got into the bag and we don't know how much she ate. I'm thinking that she over ate and with it being a richer food than what she is used to, got too much vitamins at one shot. She may have tore up her stomach lining with the vomiting and could be the cause of the blood. At this point it is all assumptions and hope that she recovers from it. Her gums are very pink, but her ears are cold so a cyst may have burst and she is bleeding internally. Only time will tell. This sucks as we have been down this road before with this kind of decision making as everyone with a pet has had to make. We lost a dog each of the previous two years and this one is really tearing me up inside. All of the what if's and I don't want to have to go through it again this soon. I've been crying like a baby all afternoon as Dixie is by my side most of the time. As soon as I go to the humidor, she goes to the door, I get the grill ready, she's outside too, I wind the weights on the cuckoo clock at night, she's at the bedroom door waiting for me to go to bed. This one will really shake me up and...I don't want to lose her. She's only 9 but a spry 9 year old dog. She plays with the puppy as if she is one herself. If I had the money, no expense would be spared, but we don't. I think that is the biggest thing, I feel as though I have failed her. She is spoiled rotten as all of our fur kids have been and will be. I can only hope that she gets better.

posted Hide Post
Thank you Jeff. The puppy food is the Purina large breed puppy food and we have been feeding her the Rachel Ray chicken and rice, I think, dog food. I know they are not the best foods out there but maybe you can tell me if my assumption is right in the above post.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Thank you Jeff. The puppy food is the Purina large breed puppy food and we have been feeding her the Rachel Ray chicken and rice, I think, dog food. I know they are not the best foods out there but maybe you can tell me if my assumption is right in the above post.

No thanks required Brother, I'm happy to help. We definitely need to get your puppy off of the Purina puppy food. There are lots of choice in the same price range. Which Rachel Ray food are you feeding? If is the Nutrish food, that contains corn, corn gluten and soybeans, things you want to stay away from. Her other foods are fine.

Victor makes a great puppy food that is priced right where the Purina Large Breed Puppy food is. If you go to Victor.com and use the find a store button see if you can get it conveniently. That would be my first choice.

If you can't find Victor conveniently see if you can find Precise or Professional Puppy food. Both are good foods at a great price and are way better than anything from Purina.

To compare all foods check out Dogfoodadvisor.com. You'll see that Purina food is 1 star, Rachel Ray Nutrish is 2 stars. Precise and Victor are 4 and 5 stars. It's a good resource.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I am finally getting to rest and relax had a busy day.

Painted the cat

Now relaxing with a my father special S. Pete I belive you had the Habano wrapper version of this cigar recently, thus is the Rosado version.

The ash on the pants goes perfectly with the painted cat, No?

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
Yes it is the Nutrish food. I'll look for the others you recommend and discuss it with my wife. We thought they were good foods but false advertising once again. Thank you!

posted Hide Post
Thanks Gator, I needed a chuckle. Yes I did have the other one. I have not had the red banded Special as they were event only which I think may have morphed into the Centurion.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Tonight's selection: RP Edge Toro Maduro and a Red Stripe.

Posts: 11228 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Yes it is the Nutrish food. I'll look for the others you recommend and discuss it with my wife. We thought they were good foods but false advertising once again. Thank you!

Victor Senior is one of the best senior foods made. You can get a 40 pound bag for under $40.

posted Hide Post
It is not looking good. I may be losing Dixie. I am heart broken. I told her that it was OK to go, that she will be with Princess and Ellie. Even though it will be hard on us, we will be OK and will meet again. She is just laying on the floor. I really do not want to make the decision for her. It may take a few days for her to come around, so I am not jumping the gun just yet. This sucks. I have so many feelings and questions going through my mind right now. I just wish I had the answers, but I don't. Only I can make the decision...and live with it.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
All -

FYI it is customer satisfaction week at JR. I've seen some really good deals, I pulled the trigger twice already since yesterday. Thought you'd want to know.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12341 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Petr - I am sorry.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Ugggh, I'm sorry Petr, it's the hardest part about sharing your life with a dog. Take comfort in that you will know when it is time. You just will. We will be thinking about you and your family.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
All -

FYI it is customer satisfaction week at JR. I've seen some really good deals, I pulled the trigger twice already since yesterday. Thought you'd want to know.

Troublemaker. Big Grin