SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
Tonight's smoke

Gnut, I love those Laranja - great taste

I agree. Real smooth and very reasonably priced.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Memorial Day smoke... backroom edition Eminent Domain from Espinosa

Posts: 248 | Location: MN | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Mail call!

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should tip your mailman. Should I give you the number of where you can buy one of those Reagan humidors like mine? Big Grin

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Actually do they have a website? Gonna start researching now. The reagan might be a bit high.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to buy direct. This is a good place to at least look at some larger cabinet options.

http://www.1stclasshumidors.co.../large-humidors.html

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I recently realized I'd like to start taking a stick or two on my trips to enjoy on the overnights. Talk to and school me about travel humidors...I need something that TSA won't have a conniption fit over or drop an ovary.

Thanks!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Check out the 5 stick Cigar Caddy.

Posts: 12944 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Actually do they have a website? Gonna start researching now. The reagan might be a bit high.

Check out Aristocrat Humidors. He will build whatever you want and is a Texan. :+)

Posts: 12944 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Work work work

Smoking an El Güegüense from Foundation Cigar Company and catching up on some work at Davidoff tonight

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
and is a Texan. :+)

That does make a difference. Big Grin

These are so damn good. Pure broadleaf bliss. Cocoa, coffee, a hint of nuts, some hay and light cedar. A white pepper retro, and the last couple inches are a pepper bomb, maybe a bit heavier than a le bijou.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Btw. I ranted a couple days ago about my order with wineadors.com. Forest finally got back to me. Apparently his website contact form was not sending him the emails. He got my order packed and sent out today.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:

Check out Aristocrat Humidors. He will build whatever you want and is a Texan. :+)

He makes some beautiful cabinetry, once you add digital controls, led lights and everything they get super pricey. Im gonna have to talk to the mrs about this one.

posted Hide Post
Jay,

Are those plume crystals on the head of that JG or just ash dust?

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Anyone have experience with the warped skyflower limited release?

https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/warped-sky-flower

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:
Jay,

Are those plume crystals on the head of that JG or just ash dust?

A lot of good broadleaf smokes are glittery like that, Pete Johnson says its from the minerals in the soil, I learned that from someone on the forum, gives that mouthwatering mineral flavor and makes the ash sparkle. The JGs are covered in it.

posted Hide Post
quote:

I bought one stick a month or so ago in a sampler from SBC. I'll smoke it this weekend and report. It gets a good review by them.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Good news, Jay. Good thing he is on Facebook too

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gnut629:
quote:

I bought one stick a month or so ago in a sampler from SBC. I'll smoke it this weekend and report. It gets a good review by them.

EDIT: Bought one from Puro Cigar, not SBC

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Hey Erj pilot I've been carrying smokes on the road for about a year now. Went through three different travel humidors and all were less than satisfactory.

What I do now is just use a nice thick plastic bag like the one you get when you buy sticks from a local store. Throw in a Boveda pack and you are good to go. I've carried smokes around the world, and after 10 days they are fine. Just be sure to put them in a place where they won't get crushed.

The rest of the stuff should be no problem - the only place I've ever had anyone freak out was in Guangzhou, China over a cigar cutter. Every place in the US has been a non-issue.

The hardest problem will be finding a place to smoke on the road. There is an app called Where to Smoke that has pointed me to a few places I otherwise would have missed. I think you still have my email - you can send me some of your layover cities and I'll see if I know any spots.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1781 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post