SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Had a Gurkha, The Beast today. Not a bad stick.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Coming down the home stretch. Frown
I'm giving my beloved cigars up to prepare for Bariatric surgery Scheduled for January 17.

Nicotine inhibits the healing process and can cause ulcers..so no smoking for 2 months before and at least 4 months after.

For me this is the hardest part of the roadmap to surgery.

That said, no regrets Andy it is certainly worth the sacrifice.

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of this Jeff.

Hopes for a speedy recovery and back to the cigars.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
It was a dark and stormy Halloween night... hiding in the shadows was a BEAST.

Gurkha cigars. Such a hit or miss with me. I've had a few that I would be hesitant to use as a fire starter, and a few I've found very enjoyable... all from the same box.

Up until tonight I've never really had an "ok" Gurkha. They've truly only been good or bad.

This one was ok. Not my favorite. Not a bad stick by any stretch. Just an ok cigar on a nice evening.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Ive spent way too much on gurkhas and they were all a "miss" they always have a kind of chemical taste. Even that expensive bastard that comes in a test tube sealed with wax. I'm glad someone here has had good experience with those .

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I've not liked any of the mail order Gurkha I've had except their Black Ops line. Their more expensive lines that I've only seen in shops are quite good.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
It was royal reserve? With brown wax to seal the tube, a co worker got it for me, he said it was 30$ I could only stomach half before the chemical flavor was too strong for me.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
CI has a one day special, Gurkha Black Ops Rubicon for $1.99 a stick, that's $30 for 15 cigars, heck I burn $15 a night on the weekends, ordered me a box.

http://www.cigarsinternational...deal/?sourcekey=WS2W

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

I'm giving my beloved cigars up to prepare for Bariatric surgery Scheduled for January 17.

Nicotine inhibits the healing process and can cause ulcers..so no smoking for 2 months before and at least 4 months after.

good luck Jeff.

I smoked an Esplendido last night. Terrific, as usual, but mild compared to ones I've had in the past. Been in the humidor 6 or 8 months.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10488 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Anyone interesting in splitting a box of 2016 Davidoff Year of the Rooster?

10 count box is $400 with tax. I keep 5 plus the box, you get 5 plus I'll cover shipping and packaging. $200

Lot of money - very good stick though. Send me a note offline if you prefer not to have public discussion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

Jeff, it would be difficult but if you need a stand in smoker to burn a few of your cigars over the coming months in order be sure nothing stale is left in your humidor once you have recovered I'd be willing to sacrifice and perform this civic service for you, at no charge!

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Mail call!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This is a full bodied full strength cigar. It's from the Tatuaje kit this year.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a full bodied full strength cigar. It's from the Tatuaje kit this year.

Good call Gator. I've gone thru a full pack now, that is one of my favorites!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I have smoked 1-4 and #2 twice. The first #2 had a tight draw and it got bitter. This one had perfect construction. #1 & #4 were my favorite so far.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am newish to cigars. I picked up smoking one or two occasionally when camping with friends in the evenings around a fire. Then I would smoke them with other members of my unit when we were in the field on training exercises.

I'm currently downrange and smoking 2-4 nights a week. Picked up some prior to leaving and ordered a 35 cigar sampler from CI.

Definitely a nice way to wind down an afternoon or evening.

Thinking about buying myself one of the ammodor ammo can humidors for when I get home, any suggestions on others to look at?

"Modern medicine exists to defeat Darwinism" - Anonymous 18D

Posts: 711 | Location: Land of Scarlet and Gray | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get one larger than you think you need! In all seriousness though. Unless you get all of the same cigar, digging through that can to find what you want will be a pain. CI as well as the others usually have a sampler that includes your choice of humidors and tools. I would suggest a humidor without glass. Welcome to the cigar club!
www.cigarsinternational.com/combos
Something like this, but sometimes they run a deal where you choose the humidor and cigars. I'll keep my eyes open for it and post when it becomes available.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Welcome, where are you deployed and for how long?

What brands have you found that you like?

You say this is for when you get home, while deployed Tupperware and boveda would work fine. I am not a fan of the ammo can as it is taller than wide, there is sometimes a difference in humidity from the top to the bottom depending on how full the humidor is.

This is an example of a good wood humidor at similar price point. Savoy makes a nice humidor, I personally use boveda and recharge them, Savoy makes a humidor that you can put the boveda packs in the top.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...o5GnbSPdL&ref=plSrch

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Had this last night, these are so good. IMHO the best new cigar of 2016. Really creative use of broadleaf, so often broadleaf wrapper are put on a strong blends likely because they are bold ie. Tats LP etc. This is different, it is a strong cigar but it doesn't bludgeon you over the head with power.

Halfwheel did a review this week and gave this a 92 its everything they said it was.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Smoked one of these last night...Montecristo Double Corona:

I don't know if it's just me, but this smoke had ZERO flavor profile...just nothing beyond a hot smoke. I hope the Montecristo White Series Toros I just bought restore my faith in Montecristo...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post