SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Ending one of my few remaining TAA 2015's - really enjoying it. Need to let the 2016's rest a bit longer .

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
These guys were great to work with, I highly recommend!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a weekend! Friday night, my wife had a surprise 40th birthday party for me. She has been planning this for months with my coworkers, friends and family. I was totally surprised and had no idea. Saturday my Dad came over and we worked on the fence all day. Ten more posts done. Damn rocks! Then yesterday I was clearing the woods on the back of our lot for the fence to go through. Needless to say I am sore. I had a cigar on Friday night and nothing the rest of the weekend. Too pooped to puff! So...now I am enjoying a La Gloria Cubana Serie R Esteli maduro. Damn good cigar and cheap too! Under $8 for a gordo that has great burn and flavor characteristics.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Its back, CI's Mummyload offer, limited quantity so don't wait, 40 premium cigars for $99, yep $2.48 per stick, you can't go wrong.

I ordered two sets, Big Grin

http://www.cigarsinternational...ight/?sourcekey=WS3W

The CI Mummylode V includes 40 cigars:
2 - Cohiba Nicaragua N5x50 (5"x50)
2 – Rocky Patel Decade Robusto (5"x50)
2 - CAO Flathead V660 Carb (6.0"x60)
2 – Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill (7"x48)
2 - Man O' War Armada (6.5"x56)
2 - Diesel Uncut Toro (6.5"x52)
2 - Padilla La Terraza Connecticut Toro (6"x50)
2 - 5 Vegas Series ‘A’ Apotheosis (5.5"x55)
2 – Montecristo Platinum Toro (6.0"x50)
2 – Romeo y Julieta Vintage #7.5 (6.25"x54)
2 – Gurkha Centurian Double Perfecto (6.0"x60)
2 - Nica Libre Toro (6"x54)
2 - Punch Pita (6.1"x50)
2 – La Perla Habana Morado Double Toro (6.0"x60)
2 - HC Series Habano Perfecto (5.3"x60)
2 - Cohiba Black Robusto (5.5"x50)
2 - Ramon Bueso L.E. Olancho 2005 Robusto (5.0"x50)
2 – Graycliff Turbo Edicion Limitada PG (6"x50)
2 - La Gloria Cubana Serie R No. 4 Maduro (4.9"x52)
2 – La Aurora 1495 Robusto (5"x50)

Posts: 23732 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that HRK, I typically pick that set up every year and would have missed it without your reminder.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
That special looks like a great way to send some Cigars for the Troops, I ordered one! If you do this, add in some hard candies and maybe some magazines, I send back issues of American Rifleman.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3426 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The FDA has banned sending cigars to troops. These nanny fucks need to drop dead.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10...oops-was-deliberate/

The ban is against manufacturers sending them but it wouldn't surprise me if they intercepted any cigars.

Interesting that not only do my Cuban cigars get delivered by the US postal service but now you can bring them into the country yet an American company is being regulated out of existence.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
The ban is not for personal packages and I doubt the postal service will care. This is handled by folks on a cigar forum, they do a great job of getting them to the troops.

An Artillery Unit sent me a photo after they got one of my donations:

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3426 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
^^ Love that picture

Had a buddy over tonight for drinks and a few cigars. Willett bourbon and a Partagas Serie D No4 to start. Then we had a couple of Montecristo White Toros.

The Partagas were amazing and I was seriously impressed by the Montecristo Whites. Very good smokes.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Finally had a chance for a morning cigar. It was a week ago, but just now able to post the pics.

A Monte Cristo White series...very nice.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1780 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I also picked up a lot of nice 2016 TAA stuff on a layover in Tempe.

Some Drew Estate Herrera Esteli, The Angel's Anvil 2016, and some My Father Centurion H2K TAA sticks. They are aging up now.

Tonight at home was a Ghurka Beast.

Also another Thank You to everyone here who has helped educate me over the last year or so.

On the way back from the PHX (actually Tempe) layover the guy I was flying with asked me about the cigars I bought (I peeled off after dinner). I pullled put my pack of 8 cigars and he said "Wow, nice stash!"

I looked at him like someone saying a box of 50 rounds of 9mm was a "nice stash". Dude, really? This is just filling up the edges! :-)

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1780 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Crowned Heads Le Careme with a porter

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
FYI - 10 count box of Monte’ White for $70

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
You're KILLIN' me, Ronin!!! Man.....I just can't justify the expenditure right now, no matter HOW good the deal. Frown Plus I don't have room in my humidor, which is a tough problem to have..... Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The Le Careme I had last night was outstanding. It shined in the final third. I normally love the 46x6" that's my perfect size. This blend however I think a larger ring gauge like a 52 or so will provide a better experience.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

I just bought that 10 pack. Used the Reddit discount code too.

Tried a Sombremessa for the first time tonight. I've been lucky and really enjoyed my last few picks.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

To add: If you have not ordered yet, I found a coupon code that gives an extra 15% off your order - Just used it and it worked. JRDOJO1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Listening to the Penguins game smoking an Ave Maria Reconquista tonight. Worked until noon and started on the fence again. Three more posts this afternoon. I can not wait until this damn fence is done!

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the code, Ronin. Talked myself into ordering some Whites...haven't had them before. How long to age before smoking?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Personally this is not a stick that I age long term by design. They are a favorite of mine with coffee.

BUT...I have found that any sticks coming from JR or CI tend to need at least a week to rest in stable humidity before smoking. Out of the box they just taste stale to me; noticeable improvement a week or two later.

Maybe it is the way they are stored in the warehouses prior to shipping.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ