SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Tatuaje H-town lancero this is ROTT burn and draw are perfect. Good crisp flavors age will do these justice.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CLE Connecticut this afternoon. I got this in a trade Friday night at CI. A buddy got the Mummy lode but had to make some substitutions due to not having all of the cigars on hand. It didn't help that I had just bought the last 3 CLE Cuarentas that they had. So I gave him one to try and he in turn gave me this. It isn't bad but the Cuarrenta is much better. So far, the best Connecticut I've had has been the Man O War Virtue.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Enjoying a nice Novermber Wisconsin afternoon. Smoking a My Father Jamie Garcia with a Sprecker Amber.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Who has problems with the bands sticking to the wrapper? My humidor stays within 65-72% so I'm not sure if it's a factory issue or something I'm doing. Minor issue but it annoys me.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I have one that sticks if I try to take it off too soon. Most times it is almost burning when I remove it and the glue has softened.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I'll try leaving the band on for a while next time. I usually remove them first.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Putting bands of to tight or with to much glue is a huge pet peeve of mine. The band should be loose enough that on a properly stored cigar it easily slips off. I consider it a factor of good construction of the cigar if the band I'd placed properly. For example the La Palina Goldie and Mr Sam are always perfect. These however are rolled in Miami at El Titan de Bronze factory. The house cigars from there are also the same way.

Keeping the band on till you have smoked enough that the cigar has gotten warm at the portion of the cigar near the band will help.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I usually remove them first, only had a few that were problems. The por laranaga's i like to smoke are always a problem.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Had a Drew Estates Estella Robusto last night
they are smooth....

In case you missed, CI has a deal this week
Grab 30 super-premium Gurkhas of your choice, plus a rugged 30-count tactical humidor, all for just $99.96

Hey it's tactical so it's ok right? LOL

CI Special Link

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoying this nice warm weather and smoking a second Blend Lab, the YE-5554. This is another CI employee's concoction. Pre-light, the cigar smelled of very strong tobacco, similar to the Leaf, the draw had pepper up front and leather on the back end. I punched this one as the tip was flat. The foot was shaggy, folded over tobacco. It lit fairly easily and has not required ant touch ups so far. I'm about 2" into it and there is a myriad of flavors, but nothing standing out. Maybe a little white pepper and earthy notes. So far, I liked the other one better, but I still have 4" to go...

posted Hide Post
Yeah, but it's Gurkhas...
If you enjoy them though, it's a good deal. I have not found one I really liked, but only had 3 or 4 out of their line. The cost of them does not match what I feel they are worth. The ones I tried were worth $4-$5 each. Not the $8-$12 they charge for them.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the black Dragon. Other Gurkha not so much.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, but it's Gurkhas...
If you enjoy them though, it's a good deal. I have not found one I really liked

Same here, except I worked with a guy that loved them and I have tried way more than ever wanted to. Not one in about 12 or 13 that I enjoyed, i think it was a Gurkha beauty, double torpedo he gave me that was tolerable, decent tobacco flavor with a very small hint of pepper. the rest had an overpowering chemical type flavor, we both buy from the same b&m and they were always wrapped so I dont think it was ever a runoff flavor. One of them was a really expensive smoke he gave me for christmas, the royal reserve, came in a tube with wax on it, It also had the chemical flavor that I couldnt stand.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finished the Blend Lab. I was not impressed with this one. There were not any transitions in it. There was a strong tobacco flavor with earthy notes and slight pepper through out, but I wasn't digging it.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin have you seen this yet?

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
No!

I saw on Halfwheel that they would be available but have not seen at the B&M yet...is that a single flame lighter? Very cool!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I doubt you will see them in a B&M but they are available online. The price is in that "if you have to ask" category.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
LOL - I know the B&M has some Dupont stuff - now I feel the need to go find the "I'm asking" price!

ETA - Found it, I'm good for quality...but not $250 for a lighter quality!

Linky Linky

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Yeah but Jekyll is on one side and Hyde on the other so it's like getting two lighters, so they are only $125 each but they come in one package. Wink

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Gurkhas are good you just have to find the blends you like, beauty is too mild for me, I prefer beast.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post