SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
This evening I am smoking the last of the employee Blend Lab cigars, the YP-660 perfecto. To be honest, pre-light smelled and tasted like a cigar. Nothing really pronounced in either senses, other than some pepper. Once lit, I am picking up some dough and a bitterness. I hope the bitterness goes away real soon. I'll report later.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About halfway through this and the bitterness left and came back again. I have tried clearing the cigar numerous times and it won't go away. I just clipped more of the tip off and hope it goes away.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Sometimes they arent worth the effort, your 30 minutes in and not enjoying it. I'd toss it and light up something you know is good.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After clipping, the bitterness went away and more flavor came through. An earthy, dark chocolate with pepper. This is a full bodied cigar that is very strong. At the top of the chart actually. The burn and construction have been very good with one touch up required. At $8 each it is worth about that price but I liked the YH-738 the most out of the 3. For $6 each it was well worth the price.

On another note. CI is trying to get more of the KK-4560 in. Oh I hope so!

posted Hide Post
Yes, but I'm stubborn. I consider it as being the guy to warn or inform others of the cigars I have smoked.

posted Hide Post
I had an Ashton Cabinet after dinner. Halfway through it had a distinct buttery flavor. Aftertaste is quite pleasant: mild spicy tone.

Posts: 709 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AITG:
I had an Ashton Cabinet after dinner. Halfway through it had a distinct buttery flavor. Aftertaste is quite pleasant: mild spicy tone.

Ashton is a favorite of mine. The VSG is one of my favorite sticks - has a cashew taste to me. Good stick.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This evenings enjoyment...

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Pete, is that a perdomo lighter? How do i get one?

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jay, It is indeed a Perdomo lighter made by Lotus. It is a table lighter so it is rather large, like a cigarette pack large. I took my Colibri lighter to CI to see if they could repair it for me. The manager at the time was working on it and couldn't fix it. He went in the back and grabbed this. He said they had a bunch for promo purposes and needed to get rid of them. I just did a quick search and didn't find any for sale.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I searched too, with no luck. Maybe ill ask the b&m about it.

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
I assume you want the Perdomo logo on the lighter. If not you can get the same here:

https://www.famous-smoke.com/v...e+lighter/item+36583

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2992 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Yeah I want the Logo.

posted Hide Post
If you haven't discovered Puroexpress.com you don't know what your missing. Best price on Cubans hands down and they run specials all the time.

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Puro also has the whole of Lotus lighters too.

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
At my gf's house, just got the smoker lit, about to cook some hamburgers, sausage and whatever else she has thawed out. Lit up a Nester Miranda, dont remember what type but the last one was good, lots of pepper and cocoa, this one has a smooth cocoa flavor with it. Its gonna be a good night.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Tonight I'm trying the new cigar from foundation cigars, Nick Melillos the creator of the Liga Pravda lines for DE started his own company. Really impressed quite a departure from the LP lines. Very cubanesque.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another evening at CI last night. I smoked a Tatuaje Verocu #9 there and brought a Nester Miranda maduro home with me. I wanted to grab one before and kept on forgetting, with Jays post last night, I remembered. I may have that one tonight after work.

Gator, How was it?

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
It was really enjoyable. Lots of good flavors pepper and nuts in first third, nougat and Graham cracker in middle

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Small order of 25 should be here Monday from JR Cigar:

Montecristo - Double Corona
La Gloria Cubana Serie N - Glorioso
La Gloria Cubana - Torpedo No. 1 Maduro
Sancho Panza Double Maduro - Cervantes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post