SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
JR's Halloween deal is out, I get this every year, last few have been really good and I've always found 4 or more cigars that more than paid for the deal...everything else is bonus. Here is the link:

https://www.jrcigars.com/item/...-sampler-2015/tort15

I ordered one... Here's hoping its good!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! I heard others that say it is great.

In keeping with the Tatuaje theme, I'm smoking a Verocu #4. The draw is really tight. I tried punching it to no avail. It's almost like sucking a milkshake through a straw.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Well I've got one left, going to let it rest for a month and try it again. I know they can be 'off' out of the box, but not like this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ones that have said they are great have been right out of the box immediately. Maybe you got a bad one. Then again, the La Mission has some smokiness to it. Maybe Pete was on a fire cured kick this year.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Besides the fact that the draw was really tight on this Verocu, the flavors have been amazing. The Chucky in the Pudgy Monster box was one of my favorites from it, and this cigar nails it! The other two that I smoked were not wrapped this tight, so I'm chalking it up as the variances of being hand rolled.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Keeping with the Tat theme...here is a pic I put together from my locker today.

The original 10th Miami (Left) (my last one), the J21, (Right) which is pretty close, and the Lancero - I've smoked one, have this one left, and don't want to smoke it!!!

Turns out the owner of my B&M has a PJ40...his last one...does not want to give it up though...grrr...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice picture! The 10th Anniversaries that I have do not have the Reserva band on them. All came from CI at different times, but they only have the brown band on them. I wonder what the deal is...?

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Slap a reserve band on it and add $3 per stick.
http://halfwheel.com/review-ta...-belle-encre-reserva

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
It seems a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper is used in place of the Habano wrapper. That could be what makes a huge difference. I prefer the broadleafs to habanos.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
CI Fat Camp sampler is worth it even though the Cuba Libre sucks out loud.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually enjoyed the Cuba Libre out of the sampler. It's not the greatest but it had some decent flavors in it. Some age on it helped too. The Obsidian did not want to burn straight or stay lit for me. Age helps that stick out too.

This evenings cigar is a well respected name in the cigar world. Introduced in 2009 in the new facility. Hand made in Nicaragua with Cuban rolling technique to ensure a quality cigar everytime. Full bodied, heavy pepper throughout with notes of coffee, cocoa, wood notes and a slight sweetness. What is it?

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Herrera Esteli

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. Keep guessing.

posted Hide Post
I have had this cigar quite a few times in the past, as has most that post here frequently. It has been recommended quite a few times to the new posters in this thread as well.

posted Hide Post
A Habano-Rosado leaf grown in the misty valleys of Ecuador, aged Nicaraguan long-fillers grown from Cuban-seed in Esteli. Also received a 94 rating

posted Hide Post
Any other guesses as to what I smoked tonight?

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Is it a Pepin?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is Pepin!

posted Hide Post

Gettin' warmer, Doc!

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
San Cristobal?

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post