SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the loss Petr.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys. We knew it was coming, but it has still been hard on my wife. I keep telling her, that it's not ever going to be easy, no matter how much you prepare for it.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
For those who'd like a sampler of good smokes the CI Mummyload is back for the holiday, 40 good smokes for under $3 each, it's a great deal, I ordered 2 packs...

Click Here for Mummyload

The CI Mummylode IV includes 40 cigars:
2 - Cohiba Nicaragua N5x50 (5"x50)
2 - Aging Room Quattro F55 (5"x50)
2 - Diesel Unholy Cocktail (5"x56)
2 - Padilla 1932 Toro Gordo (6"x60)
2 - CAO Pilon Robusto (5"x52)
2 - 5 Vegas Classic Double Corona (6"x48)
2 - Perdomo Champagne Sungrown Robusto (5"x54)
2 - Oliva Master Blends III Churchill (7"x50)
2 - Genghis Khan Churchill (7.5"x52)
2 - Nica Libre Toro (6"x54)
2 - Punch Pita (6.1"x50)
2 - Brick House Robusto (5"x54)
2 - HC Series Habano Robusto (5"x50)
2 - Cohiba Red Dot Churchill (7"x49)
2 - Ramon Bueso Genesis Torpedo (6"x52)
2 - Torano Noventa Santiago (5"x50)
2 - La Gloria Cubana Serie R No. 4 Maduro (4.9"x52)
2 - CLE Cuarenta Robusto (5"x50)
2 - Man O' War Armada (6.5"x56)
2 - Gurkha Yakuza Toro (6"x54)

This WILL sell out fast, don't wait, it's already been a day!

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles Pete.

Seems like these La Gloria Cubanas get tighter the longer they sit in the humidor. Shame cause I really like them but it's like trying to stuck a frosty through a coffee straw.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Lee. Yes they do get tight and that is why I keep my punch with me when I grab one to smoke. The ones I got at the auction are super tight but I'm thinking they were not stored at an optimum humidity. The ones I have had since last year are fine. I have been between 65 and 67 almost all year.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This evening I am smoking this gem from last year!

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I have 1 zombie and one antidote left, been saving them for this week and halloween night.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While this years Antidote was good, this thing is wonderful! It lost the pepper kick it had but has a smoothness and flavors that I didn't pick up on when fresh.

posted Hide Post
Graham cracker, cocoa, sour dough, coffee with a hint of pepper towards the end that is building in strength.

posted Hide Post
Smoking this Camacho SLR maduro today. Staying dry under the deck.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Smoking this Camacho SLR maduro today. Staying dry under the deck.

Those SLRs are wonderful!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are indeed! I'm running out of them though. I have 9 toro and 3 perfecto left. I have been rationing them in hopes Eiroa will roll something similar again.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Got a bundle of CI Legends Copper (Drew Estates) and I'm incredibly pleasantly surprised. Probably wouldn't blow the minds of those of you who love lots of complexity but it's a rather enjoyable, mildly sweet and smooth smoke.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are good smokes, especially when your taste buds are fried.

posted Hide Post
I noticed a salty taste at first also. It went away and sweet grassy notes became present and I didn't have the salt after the initial taste.

This afternoon I am smoking a Schizo maduro in some windy conditions. The wind is drying out all the rain water we have that needs to soak into the ground. Sweet, black pepper has been present this entire stick.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Herrera Esteli lancero very tasty. Now that it has cooled down I really enjoy lanceros.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night I went to CI for the Halloween costume night. All of the employees were dressed as '50's characters and some visitors were dressed as well. I did not dress up as I'm scary enough without a mask. I did pick up a few sticks and smoked a Tatajue J21 again and I tried a new Blend Lab cigar. About 6 months ago a few employees went to Costa Rica, or somewhere down south, and came up with their own blends. They finally hit the shelves and I bought one of each, 3 total. The one I had was a YH-738 lancero. It was very good and about half way through I picked up a salted pretzel flavor that lasted the rest of the way. There was some pepper but it came on well after I exhaled the smoke. For $7 it was well worth it.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Smoking a Cuban Monte #2 tonight

Same. In a couple of minutes...

Box code AEP MAR 07

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Oddball -

Hope you report back, do you get the intial salty tatste of the #2?

Finished the stick. The burn was spot on, straight as an arrow, no runs, draw was excellent. These have aged for a number of years, and that "twang" is very much there Wink.

As far as salt, no, I did not notice any real "salty" overtones in the wrapper or while smoking. But I had that experience with some Monty 4s that were a little young (6 months) and yet did not notice it when they aged for a couple of years. Same with Bolivar Petite Coronas, my go to cubans.

Palettes vary from person to person, circumstance to circumstance. Smoking a specific cigar with, say a scotch, will be a very different taste experience if I switched scotch to carbonated water.

Hopefully you enjoyed the #2 Smile.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully you enjoyed the #2 .

I actually enjoyed the #2 very much...hope you come by the thread more often!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post