SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The GF bought me a box of perdomo champagne noir, robustos. Just finished the first out of the box, what a great smoke. It pairs well with a peaty Scotch.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I smoke too fast for the lancero size. I really need to discipline myself in order to enjoy them, so I tend to stay away from that size.

We are having a heat wave here today...46*!! We had some ice in the driveway that I wanted to break up so it melts off quicker, so I grabbed a smoke and fired up the tractor with the harrow on...once again. I grabbed a Man O War Phalanx for the task today. It lasted about an hour, maybe more as I didn't keep track of the time. These cigars are good, but nothing real special about them. I think I will not buy these again unless they are really cheap, on sale. I prefer the Ruination over these. They are not bad smokes, I just prefer the Ruination more.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Oh yeah! I fixed the fridge today too. $3 and some cents at Radio Shack for two capacitors that needed to be replaced. My aviation electronics technician skills from the Navy kicked in for the removal and soldering in the replacements. All is well there now.

I went down this road a few years ago. Every year or so I had two capacitors that would go out on my fridge. After the third set I checked the voltage at the wall outlet. I replaced the outlet and never had the problem again.

Cigar-wise, todays stick was a Perdomo Maduro blunt. Excellent.

Posts: 709 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Pete I'm glad you enjoyed that Brickhouse. For the price it's one of the best maduro I've had.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AITG:
I went down this road a few years ago. Every year or so I had two capacitors that would go out on my fridge. After the third set I checked the voltage at the wall outlet. I replaced the outlet and never had the problem again.[QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! The fridge is going on 9 years of age.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee, The pricing was great on the BrickHouse and the sweet grass flavors reminded me of a Monte #2.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Good timing... I just got an email from my Cigar.com account manager (Kirsten Dintinger). She sent me an email with specials on Brick House (Natural or Maduro). 10 of the mighty might size for $59.99 with free shipping and a $20 gift card. Too good to pass up! If anyone is interested, her email is kd@cigar.com. I've got in on deals like this before (sent via email) without issue.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Ok, I re-read my last post and it sounds like a scam. My dad and I both are on their frequent customer mailing list.. That's how and why I get the email. About once every other couple of weeks I get an email like this. We've picked up a fair amount of smokes this way. Sometimes it's smoking deals (no pun intended), other times it's her asking for cigars you'd like to see best price on.. I've never been burned, and always got the cigars in the standard cigar.com packaging.

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Petr are you near Philadelphia? Specifically anywhere near Lansdale.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Finally smoking this Undercrown Gordo. There's so much going on I don't know where to start. Incredible is all I can say.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gator, About an hour drive from Philly

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Pete this Diesel Shorty is everything I hoped it would be. Easy draw, slow burn, rich and packed with flavor. I'm getting a little of everything already in the first inch of burn. Cedar, leather, hint of pepper, some creamy cashew and paired with A rich Brown ale it's even better. Thank you!

posted Hide Post
Quite welcome. That has over a year of age on it, so it mellowed out quite well from when they were fresh. If you do get some more, try one fresh, with a full belly, and report what you find.

I had to take a half day today to wait on the DirecTV tech to fix an issue. All was not lost though. 50*, sunny, and a Tatuaje 10 year Miami, with a few magazines to catch up reading on. Mmm,mmm good!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
45* today and lots of snow melt still occurring. We have a small pond where all the creeks come together and go through culverts under the driveway. I needed to be sure water was flowing through them and not plugged up. So, strap on the boots and grabbed a Man O War side project Little Devil. This was a first for this size, 5.5"x44. Honestly, these Side Projects all taste pretty much the same to me. They are full bodied and I think aging them will help tremendously in releasing more flavors while smoking them. I still prefer the Ruination over these, fresh. Aged may be a different story and I intend to let these sit for quite some time.

Oh, the culverts are open but there is a lot of water flowing with rain forecasted for Friday night and all day Saturday, it could get interesting.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12947 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Got my Brickhouse maduros today! Boy do they look good. I need to change out some triggers on my ARs and start picking up dog poop... I think I'll start the day off with one of them.

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Had a La Gloria Cubana the other night.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2222 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Couldn't resist the pull of the Pinar del Rio Exclusivo I got in this thread karma. Quite a beefy stick and very well constructed. I'm halfway through and it has only needed one touch up which is my fault for screwing up the lighting. Started off with heavy molasses and now has settled into a milder sweetness with shades of pepper and leather. Incredibly smooth and definitely on my list to acquire again.

Thank you again goatboyz!