SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
TAA beautiful night outside in Puerto Rico.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. It was named in honor of his father.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice stick Gator. Enjoy the warm, tropical weather.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, here it is. I smoked a My Father #2 Belicoso this evening.

posted Hide Post
Enjoying a Tatuaje J21 and an Old Rasputin at CI this evening. Thanks for the information on this stick Ronin!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Petr:

Glad you are enjoying the J21!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good cigar! I did enjoy it, though I struck up a conversation with the guy next to me at the bar and my concentration was not on the cigar.

Turns out, he's the CEO of his own company and is a huge car guy. After a few hours of shooting the breeze, he asks if I can drive stick. Yup. He tosses the keys to his car and says "Be careful. Put the key in, the injectors will whine and the start button is on the dash." I drove his Rossion! All I can say is, WOW!! Turbocharged V6 that produces around 420 hp in a car that weighs about 2300#!! It rode very smooth for being so low to the ground and was a true drivers car. Needless to say, I had a great evening yesterday.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
WOW Petr!

This just goes to reinforce my belief that like most Sig Forum members, cigar smokers are among the coolest people around!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Very cool Petr! I smoked a Partagas Cifuentes, Alec Bradley MAXX Brazil, and a CAO Italia yesterday while helping my father with some yard work.
The Partagas was pretty good while blowing leaves. It had notes of cedar, leather, and spice.
The MAXX was quite odd. Pre-light it had an incredibly strong smell of something really bad... It was like my last dogs breath after sampling a rotting pile of something... The cigar burned well, and that smell went away (I never noticed it during the smoking).
The Italia was pretty good (as usual). Notes of citrus, spice, and pepper.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was awesome. I am seeing more and more people that are down to earth. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of whack jobs out there too. I think it's more of the hobby or sport or extra caricular activities that we are engaged in. We try to help each other out and it carries on from one person to another. One person can make or break the mood in a room. If we surround ourselves with good people and are respectful ourselves, we tend to have people gravitate towards us. Kind of like the commercials on TV, Pass it on. I think it also helps that I can get along with anyone. I give people a chance without making judgement on appearance alone. I have talked with many people over many topics over the years.

posted Hide Post
Oh, if anyone wants to check out the car http://rossioncars.com/

posted Hide Post
Goat, I don't know that I would have been able to get around that smell. I know what our dogs breath can smell like...uhg!

posted Hide Post
I'm also sitting out smoking a La Gloria Cubana Serie N that smelled like a Hershey bar when I pulled it out of the cellophane. The draw is fairly tight but not too tight and also has a bit of a pepper punch to it.

posted Hide Post
Today I am trying to relax, smoking an Undercrown Shade, as it is an emotional day. My wife's step-father passed away this morning. He was battling cancer for a couple years and it spread to his back and hips. He has been in Hospice this past week and everyday was a struggle for him. He is in a better place now with out pain and suffering. Though I was not close to him, he will be missed.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
I'm also sitting out smoking a La Gloria Cubana Serie N that smelled like a Hershey bar when I pulled it out of the cellophane. The draw is fairly tight but not too tight and also has a bit of a pepper punch to it.

I'm intrigued by your description of this little jewel and might have to spring the bucks for a box. Was it the Generoso, Glorioso, JSB, or Rojo??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was the Rojo with an unknown amount of age on it. I got it at an auction last month from a closed shop. I have found that around a year of age they begin to develop the chocolate aroma but this was stronger. For all I know it could have had that amount or more on it. For the money, the Serie N is a quality bang for the buck cigar. Some are rolled tighter than others so be sure you have a punch or a toothpick available to open it up if needed. Fresh ones exhibit cocoa and pepper, but they age very well and the flavors pop as they age.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks petr! My humidor includes a good supply of La Gloria Cubana Torpedo No. 1 Maduro along with other brands, but alas, my humidor is getting bare. Since I like La Gloria Cubana, I thought I'd give these a try. They DEFINITELY went onto my Wish List!!

Follow-up question...would these pair well with Crown Royal Black Label?

Thanks again!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know how it would pair with anything. I usually have a bottle of spring water with me while smoking, but rarely drink from it. I have not got into the pairing of cigars and drinks yet. I enjoy the cigar for what it is and most times my pairing goes south and I end up "ruining" a good drink or cigar in the process. This is why I usually don't go down that path. I have stumbled upon some that compliment each other but in all honesty that was by mistake.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Ok...thanks. Pickin' up what yur layin' down...

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Today I am trying to relax, smoking an Undercrown Shade, as it is an emotional day. My wife's step-father passed away this morning. He was battling cancer for a couple years and it spread to his back and hips. He has been in Hospice this past week and everyday was a struggle for him. He is in a better place now with out pain and suffering. Though I was not close to him, he will be missed.

My condolences Petr.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post