SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I've downloaded the video the monkey posted, too.

Can't have that gold lost.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Classy, truly, move by the Gym (from the bottom of the GoFundMe page):

quote:
All money not used will be donated to other businesses who have been fined for reopening.

It ought to be neither rare nor special, but it is.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I think after this is over a new CUT should be awarded “Hey Murphy, I’m still standing”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
For those that don't have Fox News, here's yesterday's Tucker Carlson show with the Ramius event at 30:20. Short but sweet. Smile
https://www.bitchute.com/video/azfddg3lZIhE/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Kinda interesting that the 'essential' versus 'nonessential' businesses concept rather closely follows the Black Lives matter concept. One skin color matters, the rest don't. Big corporate businesses matter, small businesses don't. Both concepts are absurd, un-American, and should be viciously opposed by everyone with a functioning brain stem.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
...said Cappelli, who added “arbitrarily opening a nonessential business is breaking the law.”

Balls, big balls. One persons "nonessential business", is essential to another. Completely fed up with .gov telling me what's "essential".

ALL businesses are essential, just ask the owners...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wait until the lack of tax dollars from all of these closures starts kicking in. The businesses may not be essential in the eyes of the government, but their tax revenue certainly is.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Ramius I hope you get filthy hog nasty stinking rich from this.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Bellmawr gym owners cited for 3rd day in a row for violating executive order

http://newjersey.news12.com/st...ting-executive-order

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bellmawr gym owners cited for 3rd day in a row for violating executive order

I wonder why the only people getting taken away in handcuffs are the customers. Why haven't the owners been arrested?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Before my current office (which covers all or part of three states, including NJ) I worked in five other states, either as a local LEO or as a Fed.

There are assholes in every profession, including law enforcement. My unscientific observation? There are way more of them, per capita, in New Jersey law enforcement than the other places I've worked. I don't know how to explain it. It's a cultural thing, seems to be programmed in at the basic academy.

They're generally friendly enough with me because "membership has its privileges" but it's terrifying how many embrace the statist, leftist garbage that flows out of Trenton. The cop unions have been in bed with the Democrats for over sixty years and the rank & file seem perfectly OK with it. The resulting laws/policies are OK with them (because the PFRS retirement never gets hit and they're generally exempted from things like tyrannical gun laws.) I've stopped counting how many are genuinely surprised when they discover that I think NJ's laws and politics are messed up.

Law enforcement policy down to the most minute local detail is driven by the Attorney General, who is appointed (not elected) and who in turn appoints all County Prosecutors. And because the AG is the governor's personal lapdog, shit like Bellmawr and Ramius's experience plays out.

There's no fixing it. There's not enough will by the electorate to change it because the tipping point passed where the majority are either dependent on the .gov directly (through welfare programs or employment) or indirectly. State officials don't care about getting sued, so they do tyrannical stuff KNOWING they'll lose in court but won't be individually inconvenienced.

I don't have a answer. But Ramius, I'm sorry you got to be the poster boy for this crap. I count the days until I leave this cesspool.

Posts: 2465 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
...said Cappelli, who added “arbitrarily opening a nonessential business is breaking the law.”

Balls, big balls. One persons "nonessential business", is essential to another. Completely fed up with .gov telling me what's "essential".

Ask the Founders of our nation.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

Wait until the lack of tax dollars from all of these closures starts kicking in. The businesses may not be essential in the eyes of the government, but their tax revenue certainly is.

You're talking leftists, here. Reality does not figure into their "thinking."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:

There are assholes in every profession, including law enforcement. My unscientific observation? There are way more of them, per capita, in New Jersey law enforcement than the other places I've worked. I don't know how to explain it.

I'll tell you why plain and simple. LEO in NJ are taught in the Academy. They are superior over the citizens. They are the only ones that should ever own and carry a gun. I won't go into why I know this but I know this. The governor himself said the only people that should have a gun is Law enforcement.

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
What? It is essential for many Americans. It's a health place dammit, not a damn bar.

It doesn't matter if it's a bar. Bars pay taxes, have employees, and pay rent. They purchase products through distributors who have warehouse workers and truck drivers. Distributors purchase from manufacturers who have all sorts of employees.

All businesses are essential. All jobs are essential. If they weren't essential, they wouldn't exist. We are all ants in a colony and play a role in the collective. You start knocking down parts of it, and the entire thing may collapse.

EXACTLY!

Tell the bar owner or bartender that their job is "non essential" when they can't put food on the table or pay the rent.
Same with the dog walker, mechanic, factory worker, widget maker... Gym owner...

I'm sure you'll get one hell of an argument from them when you say "Sorry, but you're Nonessential".

At some point. a landlord is going to be looking for a rent check. That bank is going to WANT that mortgage payment, and the finance company is going to WANT that car note.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just tell the bank they are “non essential”.

Problem solved. Wink

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
quote:

You're talking leftists, here. Reality does not figure into their "thinking."

TRUTH Right There....Although it may be even more accurately stated that Leftists believe their 'thinking' IS Reality! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just tell the bank they are “non essential”.

Problem solved. Wink

Tell the congress and the state government people no paycheck, while we are shut-down, this shit would end tomorrow!

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Tell the congress and the state government people no paycheck, while we are shut-down, this shit would end tomorrow!
You'd have to stop the kickbacks, back room deals and union bribes, too.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
Havent read the whole thread, and don’t plan to... also don’t plan to debate anyone.

Government has the power to regulate business and use of public land, and both are closed regularly for health related reasons. You can debate the necessity in THIS instance, you cannot debate the authority. They have it... and when tasked to do so, cops have to enforce it.

If you think your elected officials overstepped during this “crisis”, remember that come election time.

The two cases where cops HAVE potentially violated their oath are religious observances and peaceable assemblies on non-regulated premises, such as in private homes or other non-commercial private property... or in cases where people have been cited for being out of their homes for insufficient reason or not wearing masks.

I expect there will be heavy payouts in upcoming 1st Amendment suits being filed.

Before you vilify the cops in those cases, remember that what appears unconstitutional to you may not to someone with a different view point. Until we have a ruling from SCOTUS we don’t actually know what’s unconstitutional, we just all have opinions. Also consider that there is a remedy... you can still go to court, and you can still sue. You still can plead your case before a jury of your peers, and the state has to convince them to convict you. It’s not like you’re being drug off to a Siberian gulag.

Without 12 people saying you’re guilty the citation or summons itself doesn’t mean anything... and frankly I expect most of these cases to be dismissed.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post