SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxbusiness.com/li...reopening-gov-murphy

New Jersey gym owners celebrate reopening date after battle with Gov. Murphy

By Angelica Stabile | FOXBusiness

Published 8 hours ago

After a seemingly endless battle between Bellmawr, New Jersey’s Atilis Gym and the state government during the coronavirus pandemic, gyms will be allowed to officially reopen on Sep. 1.

Atilis Gym co-owners Frank Trumbetti and Ian Smith told FOX Business’ Neil Cavuto that even though this is a win, there’s still a long way to go.

“We still have a long battle ahead of us but it's a step in the right direction,” Smith said. “We have a lot of legal issues to resolve and some legal issues of our own with Gov. Murphy. But it's certainly a step in the right direction.”

The owners previously reopened their gym without consent from the governor who revoked their business license after months of pushback. Atilis Gym countered Murphy’s response by teaming up with U.S. Senate Candidate Rik Mehta and deeming the gym an official campaign location.

“Since they took our business license away from us, everybody comes in and signs up to be a volunteer for the campaign and we do different things throughout the day,” Trumbetti said. “And we allow everyone to exercise their rights while they are here.”

Trumbetti said the fine to operate without a license is approximately $15,497.76 per day which has come to nearly $300,000 in total.

Technically, since Atilis no longer has a license to operate, the gym is not included in the Sep. 1 reopening. But Smith said they will be open anyway.

“We're going to stay open,” he said. “We've suspended all commerce. We haven't charged any members since April anyway. This wasn't about just reopening the gym and making money. From the beginning, this is about taking a stand for what we believe are gross violations of due process and our constitutional rights… Gov. Murphy got his way and got us, quote, ‘out of business’ but we're still open.”

Gov. Murphy argued the reason why gyms have been extensively left closed is due to the high risk for coronavirus spread. Trumbetti commented that there’s no data to back up his reasoning.

“I think from the beginning it was just a joke,” he said. “They had... statements with no signs of data… Since June 16th, we've had over 28,464 visitors come to our site and we don't have a single case of COVID and we have not required them to wear masks.”

“I just hope that all the gym owners out there that have been closed… take the precautions that we've taken and they take it very seriously… and follow the guidelines or else they’re going to find themselves being made an example of,” Smith said.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Joy oh Joy. Smile

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

Joy oh Joy. Smile

What does that mean?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
quote:

Joy oh Joy. Smile

What does that mean?

A little obtuse today are we?
It means: it is a good thing they are moving forward and opening. Eek

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of NJ, the state is raising the gasoline tax 10 cents because of loss of revenue during the shutdown.
Well duuuuuhhhh, what do these idiots expect when they keep people's businesses shut down and restrict or scare people to death over going out to eat and shop etc.???

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
quote:

Joy oh Joy. Smile

What does that mean?

A little obtuse today are we?
It means: it is a good thing they are moving forward and opening. Eek

No, just seeking your clarification. Thank you.

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
Speaking of NJ, the state is raising the gasoline tax 10 cents because of loss of revenue during the shutdown.
Well duuuuuhhhh, what do these idiots expect when they keep people's businesses shut down and restrict or scare people to death over going out to eat and shop etc.???

It won't be just NJ. Most, if not all will need to come up with revenue to cover the losses from the shutdowns from Covid. We've already been hit with a big increase in next years property taxes.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Government at its finest boys and girls. Yes, we put you out of work. Yes, we are keeping your kids out of school negatively impacting their lives. Yes, we've done almost everything wrong as it relates to this pandemic. And yes, after all that, we're going to extort more money from you to pay for our failures. And they wonder why people hate government. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
1st day back in the gym (w/Masks)kicked my ass but I'll be back in full swing in a few days.
Thank you Gov Phil Murphy for allowing us to exercise our bodies, you scumbag! Every night I go to sleep and when I awake, I hope he didn't.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Seems the ppl of SF were screwed while the Gov kept their gyms open.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/new...-gym-owners/2357438/

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Bastards in the new jersey government are petty tyrants.

NJ gym famed for defying COVID-19 lockdown orders fined more than $1.2 million.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.
Jersey gym owner: ‘No plans’ to pay over $1M in fines for defying shutdown orders

The owners of a New Jersey gym who famously defied orders to close the fitness center during the coronavirus pandemic have now been hit with more than $1.2 million in fines — but are staying open as a “F–k you” to Gov. Phil Murphy.

The Atilis Gym in Bellmawr became an anti-lockdown poster child in May after it repeatedly refused to adhere to the Garden State’s orders to close.

Now, the gym has had more than 60 citations totaling more than $1.2 million — despite not having a single infection linked to the business after more than 83,000 visits in that time, one of the co-owners, Ian Smith, told Fox News.

Smith sent a clear message to Murphy and other state officials in a video shared by TMZ in which he vowed to stay open — filmed without a mask in the middle of his packed gym.

“Gov. Murphy will see this video and fine us $15k for it,” reads one of a series of flashcards a smiling Smith holds up in the video.

“But … free men don’t ask permission. Or for forgiveness,” it continues.

“F–k you, Murphy,” a male voice then says loudly in the video after Smith walks off camera.

Smith told Fox that the governor has “thrown everything he possibly could to shut us down.”

“He has arrested my partner and I, given us over 60 citations, some of them criminal. He fines us $15,497.76 per day for every day we’re in operation,” he said.

“Our fines are totaling over $1.2 million, but every single day, Frank and I open our gym,” he said.

He called the damage being caused to a small business “a complete tragedy.”

“I would go so far as to call it criminal,” he said.

“You are putting people out of business for good. You are making them reliant on big government. You are taking away their civil liberties under the guise of pretending like you care about public health.”

As well as keeping open when gyms had to be closed in the state, Atilis also defiantly refuses to mandate masks for its patrons.

“All of our other safety measures have kept our members safe,” he said, noting “83,000 visits and no outbreaks linked to the facility.”

Murphy’s office told TMZ it had “nothing to add.”

LINK TO STORY

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:

Seems maybe three common patterns in raising taxes. First, people will change their financial matters to avoid taxes, the gov't doesn't collect as much as they planned. Second, the gov't will spend the money they hoped to get from the tax increase rather than what they really get, the deficit gets deeper. Third, the gov't often doesn't spend the new tax money for the intended purposes, they feed themselves and their cronies first.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Murphy’s office told TMZ it had “nothing to add.”
Pussy.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
"Pussy" would be a playground word compared to what the people of NJ really think of this carpetbagging weasel.
Words used in the strongest measures.
But don't worry this prick will get re-elected easily. look for the Union Label