SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym.
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was just arrested by the Bellmawr NJ PD after leaving the gym. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A bit of irony in the possibility that the arresting officer is working out on a regular basis. (or he pumped up his arms before arriving)

Do the PD's in larger municipalities have their gym's open to their Officers? If so - wouldn't this carry the same risk factors as a public gym?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Was I supposed to be read Miranda Rights for this?

Were you asked any questions once the cuffs went on that would have been incriminating in nature?

Miranda only applies if CUSTODY and INTERROGATION occurs. I used to have drunks all the time scream at the jail that they were going to get the DUI tossed because I was supposed to read them their miranda warning. Miranda never applied in their cases because I never asked any questions once they were in custody.

However, from looking at that buffoon, it appeared that he might have said something like "anything you say....can be used as a flotation device".

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your troubles, RAMIUS. In spite of all the support (that you had to know) we give you here, this is still your cross to carry for now.

One question that I still haven't seen definitively answered: when asked my name, am I guilty of obstruction of justice by not giving it? Is that the standard of law??

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:

#1 Welcome to the forum.
#2 That's what happened 2 days ago at the same gym.
#3 Ramius was arrested yesterday.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

How many incidents do you hear about or know about where the police get called, drive by, waive, and keep on going? How many incidents do you hear about where the police don't show up at all? Because that shit never makes the news.

Man, I wish we pushed a beat car together. I think that would be really fun.

Often, when people say "I support the Second Amendment, but", they never really support the Second Amendment. Some people never miss an opportunity to tell us how the "public" doesn't trust LE because of a jackwad like this.

Never misses an opportunity.

The public that I give a crap about doesn't view this for any more or less than what it is. Just like they don't view gun owners in a lesser light because of shootings on the south side of Chicago.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Now I'm hearing the Bellmawr police are pulling people over off site of the gym just for being in the vicinity. This is outrageous. Whatever respect the police in that town had before is now being destroyed by whoever at the top is making these calls.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And based on everything I saw so far of the outlaw Ramius getting pinched, it looks like it was all a dog and pony show. It appears he was removed to the station just to be issued appearance citations.
Which could have been done right there in the parking lot.
How about it, Ramius, were you mugged, printed and booked into jail? Or cited and released?
Since he was an out of state resident and "Obstruction" was the charge, my court would have required him to be jailed pending posting of bond, not cited and released.

I wasn't finger printed and didn't have my picture taken. They just took me to the station because I was a bad boy and didn't give my name. I guess cited and released.

Btw, if the cop just looked at my hat, he could've seen my name Big Grin

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
This was a dick measuring contest...

Because the officer with the non compliance have a nice day message went viral, Governor Dick Les had to retort.

A warning to all other NJ businesses, mess with the bull you'll get the horns. NJ government don't care about your business, your customers or your lively hood, you're replaceable.

This isn't much different than Lil Andy's footstomp event with the pastor that refused to close his church to services on Easter in Bullitt county KY. Courts smacked him down, and he still send law enforcement to take down license plate numbers of the congregation.

Ramius, If you are going to have to deal with this legally, then I'd suggest you refrain from posting anything until you have legal council advice.

Good luck to you sir, and thanks for standing up against the tyranny

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Do the PD's in larger municipalities have their gym's open to their Officers?

Ours is closed. In fact, it's still closed, even though Arkansas gyms could reopen on 5/4 if they chose to.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Miranda only applies if CUSTODY and INTERROGATION occurs. I used to have drunks all the time scream at the jail that they were going to get the DUI tossed because I was supposed to read them their miranda warning. Miranda never applied in their cases because I never asked any questions once they were in custody.

Yep. I think this is a universal experience for every cop. Plenty of folks are under the impression that Miranda has to be read every time someone is arrested, or even just cuffed. I've lost count of the number of times I've had someone complain: "This is an illegal arrest! You didn't even read me my rights!!", or the like.

Likely stems from all the various fictional cop shows/movies, where the main character cuffs the bad guys and then immediately spouts "You're under arrest, dirtbag! You have the right to remain silent, etc."

Miranda is only triggered by custodial interrogation. As jljones pointed out, both factors have to apply. You must be in custody, and the officer must be interrogating you (that's asking questions specifically relating to the suspected criminal behavior, not just routine general questions, identification questions, booking questions, etc.).

It doesn't apply to questioning if you're not in custody. It doesn't apply to being in custody when no subsequent interrogation occurs.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
NBC New York has this story on their site, appears they're using their own camera footage.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/new...er-detained/2424931/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So to clarify my previous post, the Bellmawr police are following patrons until they are offsite and then citing them so that they are not seen on camera citing patrons. Disgraceful police behavior.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sad that something like this could happen in the US.

I really think it's urgent that state legislatures put time limits on governor's emergency declarations where the legislature has to agree within xx days (e.g. 14 days) or the emergency declaration expires.

As far as Ramius:
  • Thanks for standing tall
  • Put me on the Go Fund me list
  • I'm not an attorney. However, I would encourage you to retain an attorney before agreeing to any television, radio, or new media interview.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by KevinCW:

Yes, trust me, I worded that carefully, for a reason....

Kevin, thanks for your response. I apologize if it looked like I was baiting officers. I was genuinely curious but failed to understand the risk of an LEO making comments in a public forum.

I enjoyed your insight and thoughts when the crap went down in Ferguson/St. Louis.

I agree with the Gentleman from Chicago about his experiences where the majority of LEO simply ignore this crap. Kudos.

Ramius, good luck!

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    semi-reformed sailor
    Picture of MikeinNC
    posted Hide Post
    I thought failure to identify was resolved in Brown v Texas.

I’m not sure what law Ramuis broke, because the governor said you can’t work out....that’s not law. It’s executive order.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Prefontaine
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Do the PD's in larger municipalities have their gym's open to their Officers? If so - wouldn't this carry the same risk factors as a public gym?

Yes they do.

I feel for Ramius. I'd take the same risks and do the same thing if my gym allowed me to lift. I'm jonesing as I usually lift 4-5 days a week and workout 6 days a week. To me the risk is worth it to keep my body in shape and to be healthy. These mother fuckers make me irate doing this. He acted like a true patriot and gentleman. No resisting, no bitching out the officer, no nothing. Pathetic.

I ran the numbers locally. My county population vs. confirmed cases of Covid. I did the math and it's .001 of the population in my county of confirmed cases. Talk about a nothing burger. I'm all for the social distancing and I'm all for personal responsibility if you are knowingly sick and go out in public and don't protect others. Messing with some guy in a mask working out a gym is got damn foolery. I respect law enforcement but fuck these politicians.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    This Space for Rent
    Picture of ugeesta
    posted Hide Post
    Congrats. You made my former local Newspaper

Link

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by kimber1911:
    Some good points have been made however let me address this,” Kimber, you found out ONE INCIDENT”.

No there are many incidents, and that is where the trust begins to deteriorate.

I don’t believe it is necessary to post additional incidents, but they are easy to find.

You also don't believe in quoting the entire sentence, or just the part that suits you?
    It's obvious that the point I'm attempting to make is lost on you.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    RAMIUS-

Sign autographs for $50/$100 a piece!
    I'd buy one!!!!

My original post was not meant to hijack this thread, just to point out that there's A LOT of cops out there actually "enforcing the LAW" and not just some super strong suggestion from our supreme leader.

The real "Man of the Hour" is in fact RAMIUS.
    Just some dude that wanted to get is workout in.

If I remember, a few years back, there was just some dude that wanted to cross the street with his grocery bags because he got pissed off at his government because they used tanks to suppress a protest against tyranny.

(There was also a movie about a long haired guy that just wanted to walk through a town and got hassled by "the man". And boy-o-boy did "the man" loose in that movie!)

It's the little guy, the unknown person doing a normal thing that often becomes the protagonist, and that innocuous situation becomes the catalyst for a revolution.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Be not wise in
    thine own eyes
    Picture of kimber1911
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by CPD SIG:
    quote:
    Originally posted by kimber1911:
    Some good points have been made however let me address this,” Kimber, you found out ONE INCIDENT”.

No there are many incidents, and that is where the trust begins to deteriorate.

I don’t believe it is necessary to post additional incidents, but they are easy to find.

You also don't believe in quoting the entire sentence, or just the part that suits you?
    It's obvious that the point I'm attempting to make is lost on you.

Don’t be silly.

You SCREAMED “ONE INCIDENT” which I felt needed to be addressed.
    You do realize that CAPITAL LETTERS are like yelling.

Nobody likes the long paragraphs reposted numerous times.
    It makes the forum difficult to read.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
    Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post
    Murphy is chasing one (at least) business owner off.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/P-DnTAhFHYs

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post