SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Former CIA Director Calls For A Coup If Trump Fires Mueller

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...-trump-fires-mueller

In the most vocal opposition to president Donald Trump yet, former CIA Director John Brennan said that if the White House tries to fire special counsel Robert Mueller, government officials should refuse to follow the president orders, as they would be - in his view - “inconsistent” with the duties of the executive branch.

"I think it's the obligation of some executive branch officials to refuse to carry that out. I would just hope that this is not going to be a partisan issue. That Republicans, Democrats are going to see that the future of this government is at stake and something needs to be done for the good of the future," Brennan told CNN's Wolf Blitzer at the Aspen Security Forum, effectively calling for a coup against the president should Trump give the order to fire Mueller.

The exchange is 43 minutes into the clip below:

Brennan appeared alongside his former colleague, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, and both men who served in the Obama administration, told Blitzer they have total confidence in Mueller. "Absolutely. It was an inspired choice- they don't come any better, " Brennan said adding that "If Mueller is fired, I hope our elected reps will stand up and say enough is enough." Some have responded with questions where Brennan's devotion to the Constitution was in the aftermath of the events in Benghazi.

Falling back on his neocon roots, James Clapper, who has waged a long-running vendetta with Trump, once again warned about Russian interference in US affairs. When asked about the June 2016 meeting between Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort with a Russian lawyer and others, he responded: "I'm an old school, Cold War warrior and all that - so I have, there's truth in advertising, great suspicions about the Russians and what they do. A lot of this to me had kind of the standard textbook tradecraft long deployed by Russians. It would have been a really good idea maybe to have vetted whoever they were meeting with."

Clapper was also asked about Trump's comparison of the intelligence community to Nazi Germany. Clapper said he called the President-elect nine days before he left the Obama administration saying he "couldn't let that reference pass" and it was an insult to him, CIA Director John Brennan and the workforce. "That was a terrible, insulting affront, not just to me or John, we get paid the big bucks, but I'm talking about the rank and file, men and women, patriots and intelligence community -- that was completely inappropriate and over the top - I had to do something about it."

And so he did: on the call Clapper said Trump asked him to "to put out a statement rebutting the contents of the dossier which I couldn't and wouldn't do. It was kind of transactional" referring to a dossier that alleged ties between President Donald Trump's campaign and Russia. It was not clear if he wouldn't and couldn't do it because the contents were legitimate, in his view, or because the dossier is what started the whole "Russian collusion" narrative in the first place. Curiously, Clapper saw it as a favor to Trump not to issue a statement: Clapper was asked by Blitzer why he didn't put out a statement replying: "The whole point of the dossier by the way was we felt an obligation to warn him to alert him to the fact it was out there. That was the whole point."

It was not clear if James Comey, whose subsequent leak to the NYT led to the appointment of Mueller, would have applied the same reasoning when asked by Trump to rebut the dossier's contents.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is a textbook example of talking out of your ass.

The United States Secret Service will keep the President safe, and that includes shooting- if necessary- nitwits who can't accept the results of a legal election.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
I would just hope that this is not going to be a partisan issue.

Says the former communist party member and bitter partisan.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
I would just hope that this is not going to be a partisan issue.

Says the former communist party member and bitter partisan.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
sounds like some of the DEMs have woken up a bit

DEMs going to pitch a new agenda (at least a new focus):

curbing prescription drug costs,
smarter trade deals,
job retraining,
increased Internet access into rural America, and the $15 minimum wage

From Chuck Schumer:

“When you lose to somebody who has 40 percent popularity, you don’t blame other things — Comey, Russia — you blame yourself,”

“So what did we do wrong? People didn’t know what we stood for, just that we were against Trump. And still believe that.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ssia-are-to-n2358604

new DEM slogan:

"A Better Deal: Better Skills, Better Jobs, Better Wages"

edit: I saw another version:

“A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future”. . .

Pitching isn't doing.

The thing is, for 8 years and during many campaigns the people learned who the Democrats are.

Democrats can switch to sounding more like conservatives but it comes off as natural as Edgar walking down the street.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
In Early Tweetstorm, Trump Lashes Out At Sessions For Ignoring "Hillary Crimes"

The feud between Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions started early on Tuesday, when President Trump, in an early tweetstorm lashed out at the attorney general whom he accused of taking a "VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes.”

“Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!” Trump tweeted.

Trump also asked the A.G. where is the investigation into "Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump campaign... quietly working to boost Clinton."

In a follow up tweet, Trump also slammed the acting director of the FBI, Andrew McCabe, whom he implicitly accused of corruption for getting $700,000 from Hillary for his wife (which incidentally is accurate, as the WSJ described last October, in "Clinton Ally Aided Campaign of FBI Official’s Wife")

“Problem is that the acting head of the FBI & the person in charge of the Hillary investigation, Andrew McCabe, got $700,000 from H for wife!” he said on Twitter.

Today's animosity between Trump and Sessions was first unveiled in an interview with The New York Times last week, when Trump said he would have never hired his attorney general if he knew he would recuse himself from the probe into ties between the Trump campaign and Russia. Trump in a tweet Monday morning also asked why the "beleaguered A.G." wasn’t investigating ties between Clinton and Russia.

Overnight, the WaPo reported that Trump has floated possible replacements for Sessions including Sen. Ted Cruz and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, although subsequently Giuliani said on Monday, however, that he’s not being considered for the position.

In addition to slamming Sessions, Trump also focused on today's big item, the latest Senate vote on the GOP Healthcare vote, which however remains in chaos as nobody knows what will be voted on just hours ahead of the actual vote. After berating Republicans for failing to repeal and replace Obamacare on Monday, Trump tweeted "Big day for HealthCare. After 7 years of talking, we will soon see whether or not Republicans are willing to step up to the plate! ObamaCare is torturing the American People.The Democrats have fooled the people long enough. Repeal or Repeal & Replace! I have pen in hand."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...oring-hillary-crimes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I would love to see Ted Cruz take the reins on this one. He carry out his job relentlessly.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that Trump is throwing Sessions under the bus. He was Trump's earliest supporter and arguably gave his campaign traction.

I don't disagree with him doing so as I find Sessions to be a weak and ineffective man (these are not qualities to look for in a AG). I just find it interesting.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I find it interesting that Trump is throwing Sessions under the bus. He was Trump's earliest supporter and arguably gave his campaign traction.

I don't disagree with him doing so as I find Sessions to be a weak and ineffective man (these are not qualities to look for in a AG). I just find it interesting.

Trump is smart enough to make a tough decision versus keep someone that is not right for the job; just like in the real world. Sessions got the job because he was an early supporter and theoretically should have excelled. It turned out that he made poor decision and will be replaced for that. I thought it odd that Trump rotated out campaign managers fairly often, but guess what? He is President.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

The United States Secret Service will keep the President safe, and that includes shooting- if necessary- nitwits who can't accept the results of a legal election.

Slept very well last night. No worry about these nudniks overthrowing anything but their bowl of milk toast.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Don't forget to put on your tap shoes when you post something like this.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Just an observation is all.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just a friendly reminder, is all.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just watch:

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Great video.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
This Motion to Proceed has really got old Cryin' Chuck riled up!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Cryin' Chuck U. Schumer says firing Sessions will lead to a "constitutional crisis". Roll Eyes
Wait until he fires Mueller!

July 25, 2017
Fire Mueller
http://www.americanthinker.com...07/fire_mueller.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Cryin' Chuck U. Schumer says firing Sessions will lead to a "constitutional crisis". Roll Eyes
Wait until he fires Mueller!

July 25, 2017
Fire Mueller
http://www.americanthinker.com...07/fire_mueller.html

One quibble.

Your man in that article says, "Rod Rosenstein, the Obama holdover Deputy Attorney General who appointed Mueller, knows it."

Rosenstein is not an Obama hold over as Deputy AG.

He was US Attorney in Maryland appointed by El Diablo in 2005, continued on until tapped to be DAG by Trump in January, confirmed in April, 2017 after that flap with acting AG/DAG Yates.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post