SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
They likely have it right this time. Business Insider pretty much gave the same reasons.

Business Insider a left wing site, and a joke.

I was wondering why all their articles are crap.

Yep. Their articles are a direct reflection of the brains of their writers.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just heard this on the news... I thought he did a good job and sad to hear it.

Sean Spicer resigns as White House press secretary

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sean Spicer - a classy exit interview

actually, let's make that "first class"
this is how you walk away

http://www.breitbart.com/video...el-i-was-pushed-out/

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
President Trump is commissioning the USS GERALD R. FORD Aircraft Carrier right now.

MAGA!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3485 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
"Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador, U.S. intelligence intercepts show"

WaPo link

So for this to be true an intelligence agent is willing to reveal US surveillance capability and very likely reveal a source. I can't believe someone is that deeply partisan and it is easier to imagine this is another fake story

The Ruskies know by now that they can't take a leak without the US knowing all about it.

The story claims that the Ambassador was picked up reporting it to Moscow, so there is no tape of Sessions and it is the Ambassador's version of what was said.

Or possibly that the US has a source in the Kremlin, or a secret surveillance system in place. It looks to me that for this to be true it is possible a source was blown.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Sean Spicer - a classy exit interview
actually, let's make that "first class"
this is how you walk away

http://www.breitbart.com/video...el-i-was-pushed-out/

Yep... he leaves on good terms with the White House and he has a bright future....
Good for him!

During an interview broadcast on Friday’s “Hannity” on the Fox News Channel, former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer stated President Trump didn’t want him to leave the position and didn’t feel as though his role had been diminished.

Spicer said Trump didn’t want him to go and has “been very gracious throughout this process. He wanted to bring some new folks in to help rev up the communications operation. And after reflection, my decision was to recommend to the president that I give Anthony and Sarah a clean slate to start from so that they can talk about the president’s agenda and help move it forward. And he, after some back and forth, understood that the offer that I was making was something that was in the best interest of this administration.”

He later added that he didn’t feel as though his role had been diminished or that he was pushed out and the president simply wanted to add to the communications team.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24120 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
"After over a year of falling foot traffic and tumbling stock prices, retail giant Target is now obliquely attacking President Donald Trump over the claim that his policies have driven Hispanics to avoid shopping in public.
At last week’s Fortune Brainstorm Tech event in Aspen, Colorado, Target Corp. Chief Executive Officer Brian Cornell claimed that Hispanic shoppers, a sought-after demographic for retailers across the country, have stopped leaving their homes to shop, presumably for fear of being deported.

“The Hispanic consumer in the U.S. is shopping much less,” Cornell claimed according to MSN Money. “They are staying home. They are going out less often.”

Cornell didn’t mention President Trump by name, but he did mention the lack of Hispanic shoppers in “border towns” where retailers often see traffic over the U.S.-Mexico border.

The Target chief was likely influenced by recent surveys following the habits of Hispanic shoppers at the nation’s largest retail outlets. Retail researcher NPD Group claims its survey shows that Hispanic traffic at retailers fell eight percent over last year.

Marshal Cohen, an analyst at NPD, said that there has “clearly been a pullback” among Hispanic shoppers. “There’s concern about going out in an environment where you could be deported,” Cohen claimed.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” Cohen claimed. “It’s really there and material.”

I love it. Screw you, Target.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...tlanta-headquarters/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish they'd stay home around here! Of course, being Illinois they feel supported and safe at the moment.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
A long, interesting article about the attempted coup against President Donald Trump. If you have a quiet, lazy Sunday....

http://www.americanthinker.com...ute_for_victory.html

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I don't get the target article. Makes zero sense. There are not squads of boarder patrol agents cruising the shopping centers looking for illegals. In order to get caught you have to 1) already have deportation order and 2) have a criminal record. Or you can get arrested now and live in a state/city that cooperates with Federal law enforcement (strange to type that).

If you don't commit or have never committed a serious crime they aren't looking for you.

Hopefully after removing all of the ones that have broken laws other that immigration laws then we can figure out if we will deport or give a path to citizenship to those who's only crime is their presence in our country. Likely very few thoug, because it often involves identity theft or tax evasion to live here illegally. For those that have only evaded taxes I say let them stay, after paying fines of a couple thousand per year of unpaid taxes.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
two related reports

http://www.breitbart.com/texas...d-cops-not-call-ice/

The Phoenix Police Department is looking into implementing a new policy for officers that would keep them asking about immigration status or from contacting U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement when dealing with any type of violation.
The new policy appears to still be in a draft form as part of a revision to the Phoenix Police Department Operations Orders. In the new policy, officers are forbidden from asking about immigration status or from calling U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) when encountering illegal immigrants while investigating crimes.

In the new policy, the term “illegal alien” is being replaced by “a person unlawfully present” and “Immigration Enforcement” is being replaced by the term “Immigration Procedures.” The current policy gives police officers the discretion to contact ICE when they suspect that an individual connected to a crime they are investigating is in the country illegally. The new policy being proposed would remove that discretion from the officers leading to the lawman having to “must first contact the Violent Crimes Bureau (VCB) desk Sergeant who will document all immigration related data and give authority to call ICE.” The policy also prohibits officers from inquiring the immigration status of passengers in vehicles while conducting traffic stops.

The restriction is only placed when an officer is contacting agents with ICE; Phoenix cops have no restrictions when contacting the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, the U.S. Marshal’s service or any other law enforcement agency when investigating crimes.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas...-explosion-violence/

In recent weeks, Phoenix officials have been discussing changing the city’s Police Operation Orders with a revision that would not allow officers to contact U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) during traffic stops or investigations, Breitbart Texas reported. Before an officer can contact ICE, they “must first contact the Violent Crimes Bureau (VCB) desk Sergeant who will document all immigration related data and give authority to call ICE.”

Phoenix began documenting gang activity in the late 1970s, and in 1986, the emergence of Hispanic gangs made up of illegal aliens became a concern for authorities. Just east of the center area of downtown, in what is known as the Mexican-American barrios, authorities began to document the organization of street gangs made up of illegal immigrants.

During their internal conflicts and in fights with other gangs, “Wetback Power” became responsible for assaults, drive-by shootings, murder, and became heavily involved in auto theft, residential burglaries, as well as the street level drug sales on behalf of Mexican drug cartel cells. By the 90’s, every public high school in Phoenix had a faction of the “Wetback Power” gang or another offshoot of an illegal alien gang due to the growing illegal alien population which had reached over 500,000 by 1995.

The original “Wetback Power” gang was made up of almost all illegal alien teens and young adults from Mexico. The current gang is still the largest in the city by the number of members and continues to present challenges due to their propensity for violence and the or rapid expansion into most of the city and suburbs.

One of the concerns faces by gang investigators deals with the “Wetback Power” gang members joining other more violent gangs once they enter the prison population such as the Border Brothers, a violent prison gang that as Breitbart Texas has reported, is made up solely of illegal aliens.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I don't get the target article. Makes zero sense.

The Target article stereotypes hispanics and portrays them as all illegals.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
They drove customers away with the bathroom thing. Trying to shift blame.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I don't get the target article. Makes zero sense.

The Target article stereotypes hispanics and portrays them as all illegals.

Good point. Legal ones have zero fear. They often have strong family values and are highly religious, so the bathroom thing Sigfest mentioned, I'm sure concerns the overall Hispanic population way more than illegals fearing getting deported while buying laundry detergent.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

At last week’s Fortune Brainstorm Tech event in Aspen, Colorado, Target Corp. Chief Executive Officer Brian Cornell claimed that Hispanic shoppers, a sought-after demographic for retailers across the country, have stopped leaving their homes to shop, presumably for fear of being deported.

"Hispanic" = "illegal."

Got it.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Exclusive: U.S. immigration raids to target teenaged suspected gang members

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. immigration agents are planning nationwide raids next week to arrest, among others, teenagers who entered the country without guardians and are suspected gang members, in a widening of President Donald Trump's crackdown on illegal immigrants.

The raids are set to begin on Sunday and continue through Wednesday, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters. The teenagers targeted will be 16- and 17-years-old.

The raids represent a sharp departure from practices during the presidency of Barack Obama. Under Obama, minors could be targeted for deportation if they had been convicted of crimes, but were not arrested simply for suspected gang activity or membership.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said in a statement that a person can be identified as a gang member if they meet two or more criteria, including having gang tattoos, frequenting an area notorious for gangs and wearing gang apparel.

The agency said it does not comment on plans for future law enforcement operations, but that it focuses on individuals who pose a threat to national security and public safety.

The memo instructing field offices to prepare for the raids was dated June 30. A Department of Homeland Security official speaking on background confirmed on Friday the raids were still scheduled to take place, though ICE could still change its plans.

Trump, who campaigned on the promise of tough immigration enforcement, has made deporting gang members, especially those belonging to the El Salvador-based Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, a top priority.

"You have a gang called MS-13. They don't like to shoot people. They like to cut people. They do things that nobody can believe," Trump said at a rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa last month. In a May speech, the president promised the gang would be "gone from our streets very soon, believe me."

http://www.reuters.com/article...lusive-idUSKBN1A62K6

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Many asylum seekers say they left the United States because they feared deportation in light of President Donald Trump's immigration crackdown.

TORONTO, July 21 (Reuters) - The number of asylum seekers walking across the U.S. border into Canada rose in June after dropping in the previous two months, according to government figures released on Friday.

There were 884 refugee claimants who crossed the border between formal crossings and were picked up by Royal Canadian Mounted Police last month, bringing the total for the first half of 2017 to 4,345, the data showed.

The vast majority, 88 percent, of June's crossers went to the province of Quebec, a marked contrast from previous months where upwards of 100 a month went to the prairie province of Manitoba.

Many asylum seekers whom Reuters has spoken to said they left the United States because they feared deportation in light of President Donald Trump's immigration crackdown.

Once in Canada, they are detained and held for questioning and security screening before being allowed to file refugee claims. However, time spent in the United States may put them at a disadvantage.

The influx of border-crossers is part of a rising number of refugee claimants in Canada, with 2017 on track to have the highest number of claims since at least 2011.

The higher numbers are contributing to worsening delays in refugee hearings.

The Canadian government has resisted calls to stop turning asylum seekers back at land border crossings under the Canada-U.S. Safe Third Country Agreement, which advocates say is the reason so many are crossing illegally.

http://news.trust.org/item/20170721193309-q0uut

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
A long, interesting article about the attempted coup against President Donald Trump. If you have a quiet, lazy Sunday....

It's not all that long and it's God's truth. Reading that was time well spent.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Next to Sigforum, which is actually in a league all its own, American Thinker is my favorite site. They consistently offer the best political/cultural/social thought on the web.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

It's not all that long and it's God's truth. Reading that was time well spent.

I agree.

With respect to the following from the article, maybe the closest we have is the NRA?

"There are simply no conservative or Republican mass movement analogs to Black Lives Matter, Animal Liberation Front (ALF), Women’s March, Peoples Climate Movement, Million Hoodies Movement for Justice, or People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Earth First! and countless others.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post