SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I'm going back to the Glock thread where it's cheaper, and I'm not coming back!

You'll be back... we all come back. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Most of the guilty parties have been named, I have always been a watch addict but thanks to these individuals I found out about Sinn and Helm. The Helm watches are such a great value, unbelievable build, exclusivity, resale value(not that that's gonna happen). I have put myself on the waiting lists even of ones I already have again. I really think this brand is going somewhere.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
r0gue gets a pass, living vicariously through him as most of his pieces are outside my budget.

Stick & hoky are guilty for their entry/budget tempting pieces Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
We're here for ya, friend. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

(I swear I didn't open this thread first today!)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Told ya you'd be back. Big Grin

God bless America.

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

(I swear I didn't open this thread first today!)

Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm going back to the Glock thread where it's cheaper, and I'm not coming back! Razz

Trouble is I had to spend my watch money on tires. A new Glock would have been a damn sight cheaper.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I got a pretty unique stealthy DLC diver with a fancy skeletonized in-house movement and translucent dial but it is back in the UK for repairs. Frown The quick release bracelet pin bent badly then broke off and the COSC movement was not performing close to proper spec.

I suppose come early 2023 I’ll finally be able to post up pics of my watch. I just got an email that Christopher Ward will fix everything free of charge. They estimate it could take up to 10 weeks but hopefully it won’t take that long.

On a positive note DHL came and picked up the watch and bracelet less than an hour after I scheduled a pick up. The next day it was back safely in the UK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
quote:

I'm going back to the Glock thread where it's cheaper, and I'm not coming back! Razz

Trouble is I had to spend my watch money on tires. A new Glock would have been a damn sight cheaper.

It happens.
Tires, washing machine, an unexpected medical bill... Life will do that every once and a while.

I've got system- I'll grab a couple $ out of my side job and over time checks and toss it in the back of the safe. The $ is behind 3 Glocks. The other Glock is my EDC, and then the one at work. So do I really need another Glock? (Please don't answer that question!)
I'm about 98.36% sure this chunk-o-change is going towards an Omega.
Unless the refrigerator crapps out on me.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thankfully it's cold in Chicago for another few months....

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

Thankfully it's cold in Chicago for another few months....

Excellent point!
Looks like I'm good until St Patrick's Day!

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Sorry I've been remiss at new acquisition pics, but I've found myself unable to turn any loose lately, so I'm a touch over my self-imposed limit of five.

Here's a pic from the past. And quite obtainable even in today's weird watch environment.

Seiko Orange Monster, Yobokies modded.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Really like that one Rogue, sort of like Bell and Ross and Seiko had a baby.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
Really like that one Rogue, sort of like Bell and Ross and Seiko had a baby.

Long gone now. But I've always been a sucker for a tasteful amount of orange, and the airplane hands are fun.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That simplicity really catches my eye!

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It is always fun to see what turns up here.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post