SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
WooHoo...Helm Komodo waiting list, down to #923!

We're getting closer. I'm now down to 1152.

Now down to 954.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Smile #725

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Mars, you are officially notified you can no longer post any new watches in this thread as you are causing marital problems at my home.

Seriously now, I have never heard of Raven before and now need to visit their website as your new watch looks great!

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Just waking the thread up. Smile

From the archives:

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Rogue, I’ll see your Girard Perregaux and raise you a Girard Perregaux…

I think this is one of the most beautiful watch photos taken. I like it enough it hangs on the wall in the home office.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing photograph! AND an amazing watch!

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Just got an email for a "SALE" @ JOMASHOP...

...time to sell some of my bitcoin I bought at the top of the market!!

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
If you’re an oil Barron or a bank robber I reckon those are smoking good deals….

In a way I do sort of admire the way Rolex manages to defy all the laws of reason and economics and at the same time twist them to their advantage. It’s incredible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21072 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^ Very true.

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Personally I am pissed with Rolex. I have an office which is filled with beautiful photography of watches, and the Rolex photos were removed. Making your brand “exclusive” by barely squeezing out production… waiting lists… Rolex can fuck off. My next watch will be a JLC, Armin Strom, Cartier, Frédérique Constant, Longines, possibly a Vacheron Constantin, but pretty unlikely a Rolex. I do like Rolex in their sense of style, and I wish I still had my Yachtmaster.

The secondary market prices on Rolex are insane.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I find their modern styles just too pumped up, ballooned, flashy, and image-forward. I like the older stuff. The new 36mm Explorer being the one clear exception. It's pretty great.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^^Clean, easy to read, and understated. What’s not to love.

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
ETA, Rolex spends 100 million a year on marketing. My Yachtmaster was off by around 4-5 seconds per day. My Omega holds time quite well, and consistent at +3 everyday. My IWC is accurate to the tune of +1 second every three to four days. (I know that this is an anomaly). That said, IWC prides themselves on accuracy and perfect tolerances. It’s what their heritage was built on. Now I’m not knocking Rolex’s heritage, however there are far superior movements out there in comparison to a Rolex, for equal or less money.

I guess the point to what I’m adding, Rolex makes a good watch and is an awesome marketing company. Many other brands build awesome watches and are mediocre at marketing. It really just depends on what you’re looking for.

The secondary market for a Rolex is still insane. I would never pay two to three times list price for a watch. If I could buy a Batman, I’d flip it and have an insane budget for watch shopping.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Rogue, the Explorer looks really nice.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Here’s a question for all of you…

Does anyone make a chronograph that uses the small seconds hand as the chronograph and the big seconds hand stays the seconds hand?

If that watch exists, I would probably start saving for it immediately.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
ETA, Rolex spends 100 million a year on marketing. My Yachtmaster was off by around 4-5 seconds per day. My Omega holds time quite well, and consistent at +3 everyday. My IWC is accurate to the tune of +1 second every three to four days. (I know that this is an anomaly). That said, IWC prides themselves on accuracy and perfect tolerances. It’s what their heritage was built on. Now I’m not knocking Rolex’s heritage, however there are far superior movements out there in comparison to a Rolex, for equal or less money.

I guess the point to what I’m adding, Rolex makes a good watch and is an awesome marketing company. Many other brands build awesome watches and are mediocre at marketing. It really just depends on what you’re looking for.

The secondary market for a Rolex is still insane. I would never pay two to three times list price for a watch. If I could buy a Batman, I’d flip it and have an insane budget for watch shopping.

Well dang. With that kind of performance from those brands I am liking my Christopher Ward C60 Chronograph even more!! I destroyed the original case by being an idiot. Christopher Ward replaced the case and regulated the watch to +1 second a day for less than $200. This brand beats the absolute shit out of Omega and Rolex as far as customer care goes, they are an absolute joy to work with and actually seem to care about doing their customers right. I got a spare Christopher Ward watch box when it came home so now one of my 1st edition Tridents (my beater 1st gen) actually has a Christopher Ward box should I ever decide to sell it. Sigforum member Greenhighlander got me into this brand and I am DAMN glad I listened to him. Cool

I’m also glad I got one of these before the price hike a few months ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21072 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So, looking like there is a need for some new amazement. May I introduce the Vacheron Constantin les Cabinotiers Celestial Astronomical Grand Complication. Jesus, that’s a mouthful. The movement on this is pretty damned amazing. What an amazing piece of engineering. And it’s pretty damn cool, and beautiful.

https://www.hodinkee.com/artic...lication-introducing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beancooker,

quote:
The “lol” thread

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That VC is astonishing. Makes me with I was an oil sheik, or a tech magnate.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
The Casio Fish N Time model I wore for about 20 years would give you sunrise and sunset, moonphase and tides plus day and date. All for less than $50.

Who needs that VC? Big Grin

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~