SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a really good-looking watch.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Man these Seiko turtles are damn addictive. I have a JDM Kanji Save the ocean turtle and a PADI mini turtle inbound. I’m pretty jazzed about the mini turtle. I had my eye on the blue dial/bezel insert mini turtle but the PADI won out. Cool

I’ve been tempted to get a Bulova special edition moon watch. I’m not super excited about quartz watches but I guess variety is good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:I have a...PADI mini turtle inbound.

I've been tempted several times to get a PADI watch, but PADI has so much of my money already that I'd have a hard time justifying another watch...on top of my dive computer. Still tempted though. "Put Another Dollar In" as the saying goes.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
No turtle today. I’m enjoying my blacked out Save The Ocean Samurai. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquilon:

stainless, 100m, sapphire, quartz, 40mm, date
That's pretty much my ideal daily beater. just need a basic stainless band. perfect and the price is right too.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This modded 6309 looks perfect on a nato strap. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Constable
posted Hide Post

My pair of every day watches. A Fortis I picked up off of one of the Watch forums a dozen years back. Needs a redo and cleaning.

The other is from West coast time, the Howard Marx watch site. He called it the "MP" Military style. It's an ETA 2824 movement , now on a Bond strap. One of my all time favorites for every day wear.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FN in MT,

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody familiar with the lower-end Casio G-Shocks? I want an analog dial and a metal strap, but their website doesn't do searches by strap.

Also, are they accurate? I think they're all quartz, and I'm hoping for something I don't have to reset every few days.

As much as I like the Seiko 5 I bought a few years ago (posted pics in this thread), it's now losing about 68 seconds a day, so it's due for an early retirement. Another issue is that the stem is way too easy to catch on something like a sleeve, stopping the watch from running at all. Happened again last week.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
G shocks have normal quartz accuracy, which means they are quite good.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was hoping so. Now if I can find one with a metal band...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My GShock is digital and is fast. A friend has the exact same watch. His gains time too but not as fast as mine. I have a rubber/synthetic band from the factory that is comfortable and doesn't rip hair out of my wrist.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quick Google search and I found the G-Steel on their page.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My G-shock runs a little fast. Perfectly fine and usable but slightly fast (+5 seconds every month)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
A quick Google search and I found the G-Steel on their page.

Here's hoping the G-Steel are not the only ones with metal bands, as they cost more than I'm willing to pay for a watch that I'll wear to Walmart. I'll take another look at their website tonight to see if there are alternatives.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
My G-shock runs a little fast. Perfectly fine and usable but slightly fast (+5 seconds every month)

I'd be more than pleased with +5 sec/month! I know the Seiko 5 was a low-end watch, but losing 60+ seconds a day is frustrating. Hell, I'd be happy if it just gained rather than losing!

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
As I think about it, plastic should be OK in link-form. It's leather, cloth and solid plastic bands I have a problem with, but not links. I'll look at their website again tonight.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is better than average for quartz. I think 5 to 30 seconds a month is normal for uncorrected quartz.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Man these Seiko turtles are damn addictive. I have a JDM Kanji Save the ocean turtle and a PADI mini turtle inbound. I’m pretty jazzed about the mini turtle. I had my eye on the blue dial/bezel insert mini turtle but the PADI won out. Cool

I’ve been tempted to get a Bulova special edition moon watch. I’m not super excited about quartz watches but I guess variety is good.

You’re gonna need that Bulova. Several here have one. I have a black one but need a stainless steel model to go along with it, especially since the original one was stainless.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post