SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Very nice r0gue!
Apart from the cyclops, that's maybe the first Rolex I've really liked.

It's a plexi crystal! Wonderful! The crystal, case tube and crown are all brand new NOS. As is the main spring. Total overhaul by Ridley. I'm pretty stoked actually.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
This just in. 1977, 36mm, open 6 and 9 DateJust. Engine-turned bezel.

First, my terrible pic.

Then, his good pics.

Rogue, that’s a beautiful watch.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Looks like the IWC has made a one week turnaround to Dallas and back. I get to pick it up this weekend.

Before and after in the time and tape.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Sweet timegrapher. For all of my watch-nerd follies, I still just use a half-assed iPhone app.

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Sweet timegrapher. For all of my watch-nerd follies, I still just use a half-assed iPhone app.

That’s the one at IWC. It’s not mine. I wish I had one.

What’s this half-assed iPhone app you speak of? Toolwatch? or Watch Tuner Timegrapher?

quote:
The “lol” thread

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
"Open 6 & 9"?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
"Open 6 & 9"?

RMD

When the curve of the 6 and 9 in the date window don't connect back. There's a little gap.

You can see it in Rogue's first pic of the 6 date.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It's been years since I've seen it, but my uncle had my grandfather's Date just, very similar to r0gue's but in yellow gold.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Omega Ultra Deep is a 6000/20000 watch at 45.5mmx18.12mm.

Two prototype ultra deeps actually went down to almost 36000 feet strapped to the outside of a submarine and came up just fine. Those two watches were 55mmx28mm.

Don't get me wrong, I love me a good Dive Watch. I own a few, and I also dive a little. But if I'm at 36000 feet, I have other things to worry about.

Big Grin. Wrong. At that depth you have nothing to worry about any more…

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yeah, fuck you Imgur. You will not defeat me!

Compared to my Gen I SS Vanuatu

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Nice looking watch Wink

BIDEN SUCKS.

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yep. Thanks. Imgur is not playing well this morning. Editing the image is T/U.

I finally got it sized somewhat.

RMD

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
The Lume ain't bad either....

BIDEN SUCKS.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Rogue, I like the mono-silver/steel look of that Datejust. Very nice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
What’s this half-assed iPhone app you speak of? Toolwatch? or Watch Tuner Timegrapher?

Watch Tuner

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That is a VERY good looking Helm! Seeing it next to the Vanuatu makes me happy I decided to go with the white dial version. I got a shipping notification so I should have mine soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Yeah, fuck you Imgur. You will not defeat me!

Compared to my Gen I SS Vanuatu

Wish my wrists could handle that size watch. Looks great! The Komodo is all I can handle.

Congrats on the 20,000 posts!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Finally! This thing is nicer in real life than the photos, once again impressed.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Very good. Glad you got yours. Mine has been +1.5 seconds per day. Helm must be regulating these movements. Lume is still bright after 7 hours.

BIDEN SUCKS.