SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Ho. Lee. Smokes. I think I've found my next "I want it!" piece: Seiko's SBDC171. (Thanks go to Stickman for helping identify it.) I'm looking around the house to see what I can sell to afford buying it....

I typically haven't been attracted to the Turtle case, but this one could win me over.

- - - - -
ETA: This is also known as SPB313.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vthoky,

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Anybody own an RGM 151?

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the date window location, but otherwise quite like that Seiko, would be an even better [for me] with a blue or maybe green dial.
Price isn't as bad as I was expecting, from your comment.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Do you have a lume shot? That has tritium correct?

It has some kind of gas deal going on. With the survival theme it doesn’t need sunlight to charge. Very bright.

I’m growing to like it. The part that chaps me is the bracket screws are some off stuff that none of my tools fit. Mad

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Nice! Tritium tubes will spoil you, they are quite similar to the tritium night sights seen on many firearms. They just use much smaller tubes. I’m surprised more luxury brands have not started to offer it as an option.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Thats a good looking Luminox

\Love me some Tritium

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
^^^^ I love all that blue tritium.

Ball has a new diver Chronograph with a day date complication that looks amazing. I came very close to pulling the trigger on one but got this instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ball has a new diver Chronograph with a day date complication that looks amazing. I came very close to pulling the trigger on one but got this instead.

so awsome !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ball has a new diver Chronograph with a day date complication that looks amazing. I came very close to pulling the trigger on one but got this instead.[/url]

Congrats on the Omega! It's a beautiful watch. Are you still looking to add a Tudor Pelagos (FXD?) to the collection?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:

Ball has a new diver Chronograph with a day date complication that looks amazing. I came very close to pulling the trigger on one but got this instead.[/url]

Congrats on the Omega! It's a beautiful watch. Are you still looking to add a Tudor Pelagos (FXD?) to the collection?

Thanks! I think it might be my favorite watch in my collection.

Yes. Hahah. I am still planning on adding a Tudor Pelagos to the collection sometime in 2023 but not the FXD. I will most likely get the larger titanium Pelagos with the really nice micro adjust clasp and date complication.

Jomashop had (maybe still has, I’m trying not to look) a VERY nice discount on brand new Tudor Black Bay Bronze 58 watches. The unique “3,6,9” dial it has and having a bronze case and bracelet was and is very tempting. The stainless BB58 was listed with a nice discount too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Sternglas Automatik on bracelet. David Truong sure likes to feed the habit. I'm going to mix this one up with a black leather strap for variety.

Have an order in with Dave for a 39mm Sternglas model for my dad's 60th in Nov.
Hope yours has treated you well over the past year.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:

I keep looking at Omegas and that is a beauty, I just wish they would lose the Helium valve. There is a Ball that has the Helium valve built into the Stem which is sorta neat.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
quote:

That’s magnificent!

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Fantastic looking Omega Stick!

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

Yes. Hahah. I am still planning on adding a Tudor Pelagos to the collection sometime in 2023 but not the FXD. I will most likely get the larger titanium Pelagos with the really nice micro adjust clasp and date complication.

Jomashop...

STICK-
I can't wait to see the Titanium Tudor! That may be on my list as well... SHARP looking watch! Wink

Jomashop- I see you trust them. What about Chrono24? Any other on line dealers you trust?
Please, other members feel free to add your experience on these or other dealers!
(And YES, I KNOW DAVE IS THE MAN when it comes to watches/jewelry!)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Chrono24 has been superb in my experience so far. It is one of my favorite places to look for specific out of production watches that can somewhat be difficult to find. Great source for new/newer watches too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Watchrecon.com is what I use. You just have to recognize that it's a search engine and not a dealer. You have to trust the person you're working with. You can gain that trust through careful qualification. I am super paranoid, and have never been scammed. I have walked from many a watch I'd wanted. And walked from buyers from my watch who wouldn't play the who are ya really game.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Burying my head in the sand & pretending those last 3 posts (Joma, Chrono24 & Watchrecon) don't exist.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Chrono24 exists... trust me. Razz

(And they have that Seiko Dawn Gray that I want, too.)

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Burying my head in the sand & pretending those last 3 posts (Joma, Chrono24 & Watchrecon) don't exist.

Oh, my friend, it's too late now!
Way too late!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post