SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I really need to quit opening this thread.

Way too many gorgeous watches.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
I really need to quit opening this thread.

Way too many gorgeous watches.

You ain't kiddin'

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Still ticking?

I have a Kinetic I bought in about 1996. I need to check on it -- haven't worn it in a while.

Yup Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Cartoonish! Eek

It really is an interesting achievement in the casing of a watch though. 12,800 feet is insane pressure. 5,532 psi. according to my web-search check. Amazing that they can make a watch even remotely wearable and yet have it survive at that depth. Nobody but Rolex could do that.

It's actually thicker than my Tudor FXD even with the double-layer NATO.

Ultimately, it's just not right for me. So I left it for the next guy who surely will be excited to get a shot at it.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy crap, that’s HUGE Eek

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Nice perspective pic. An engineering marvel to be sure but that is approaching wrist-clock size instead of wristwatch.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that would dwarf my wrist.
My 2 Citizens are about as large as I think I can go & the F150 is a thick wear as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

It really is an interesting achievement in the casing of a watch though. 12,800 feet is insane pressure. 5,532 psi. according to my web-search check. Amazing that they can make a watch even remotely wearable and yet have it survive at that depth. Nobody but Rolex could do that.

Ultimately, it's just not right for me. So I left it for the next guy who surely will be excited to get a shot at it.

I want the James Cameron edition of that watch sooooo bad. I’ve got a 3 year old Submariner and I have the 43mm Sea Dweller and I love both but I need the James Cameron Deep Sea to round out the collection. The newest version of the Deep Sea does seem more wearable as well.

Thank you for passing on the watch and not just buying it and flipping it for a healthy profit. Nicely done.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cartoonish! Eek

That is far too big for you. It is far too big for most people, but it is cool. It makes my Laco 45mm Flieger look dainty.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
That is huge, but, quite handsome.

Definitely not for my smaller wrist.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cartoonish! Eek

I've got the "James Cameron" (Deep Blue) version and really like it, but I've got 8" wrists. If your wrist size is smaller than 7.5", this might not be the best choice for you. They are the ultimate "tool" diver though and if the watch works well with your wrist, it is easy to get used to the weight.

Compared to my Grand Seiko Limited Edition GMT, it doesn't look much larger.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've been seeing some really nice things on YouTube and elsewhere about the Tudor Pelagos FXD. What do you think of it? Sizing looks very good and I love the "all you need-nothing you don't" aspect of this diver, especially with the NATO strap. Great choice!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cartoonish! Eek

Actually the Sinn UX movement is rated to 5000 meters and the case is rated to 12000 meters and certified by Germanische Lloyd. And the watch is only 13.3 mm thick, ok it is oil filled and quartz but that is pretty darned deep. That is considerably deeper and I believe Omega has an Automatic that went deeper still.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A dive watch that doubles as an anchor!

Yes, it's a beautiful time piece, but DAMN!!! That thing is a monster!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Omega Ultra Deep is a 6000/20000 watch at 45.5mmx18.12mm.

Two prototype ultra deeps actually went down to almost 36000 feet strapped to the outside of a submarine and came up just fine. Those two watches were 55mmx28mm.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
RUF Tag Carrera, anyone?
7k GBP

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Omega Ultra Deep is a 6000/20000 watch at 45.5mmx18.12mm.

Two prototype ultra deeps actually went down to almost 36000 feet strapped to the outside of a submarine and came up just fine. Those two watches were 55mmx28mm.

Don't get me wrong, I love me a good Dive Watch. I own a few, and I also dive a little. But if I'm at 36000 feet, I have other things to worry about.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
This just in. 1977, 36mm, open 6 and 9 DateJust. Engine-turned bezel.

First, my terrible pic.

Then, his good pics.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice r0gue!
Apart from the cyclops, that's maybe the first Rolex I've really liked.