SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
This Hamilton Khaki Scuba came all the way from Japan and for the stupid good price of $319 shipped! It has one of my favorite dials. I’m pretty into chronographs these days but as far as three hand automatics go this one blends class with functionality and a very easy to read dial. This khaki dial layout slightly modified of course for chrono subdials & relocated day/ date is quite close in looks to the dial of the stealthy Hamilton watch that was used in the Jack Ryan series on Amazon.

It has a few marks on the case and the aluminum bezel insert has acquired quite a few scratches as is usual for these watches but overall I’m impressed. This Hamilton is keeping pretty dang good time over the past few days.

For a go anywhere do anything (within 100m) watch that looks and feels great on the wrist this is one of best in the Hamilton Khaki line.

"$319.00"???? That's a freaking STEAL!!! Great watch!!! Eek

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Put the Moonswatch on a black leather rally strap and really like how it elevates it. Looks a bit more like a proper watch instead of a toy. It is hard to get used to the low contrast when I'm used to looking at white hands on a black face Seamaster. Also hard to not have a date window which I use more than I realized.

Last nit to pick is the crystal is a bit scratchy, inherently. I wonder if a service shop could drop a sapphire crystal in for a reasonable price?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That MoonSwatch reminds me a little of the Omega Seamaster ETNZ (Emirates Team New Zealand) Regatta Chronograph.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Interesting... A "diveograph". Or "chronomiver".

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'd go diveographonometer.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
CPD SIG, Oh man! Thanks for the links! Hamilton makes a Jazzmaster chronograph called the “Seaview” I think that has a rotating/diver bezel and gorgeous layout but it’s only offered in quartz in that version. Frown

I wasn’t aware of a new Hamilton face 2 face model. The original one was pretty damn cool but it’s shape was a bit odd.

The new Hamilton face 2 face or “face flipper” as I will call it is overall a much more aesthetically pleasing design. So much so that I would actually like to own one. (Shocking I know Big Grin)

I'm afraid to look, because of my weak-will and bad decisions when it comes to things such as watches, guns and bourbon, BUT.....

"Allegedly" Jomashop has a sale on Hamilton's Wink

(P.S. Dont hate me, hate one of the guys I work with for passing along that info!)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
CPD SIG, Of course Jomashop runs a Hamilton sale right after I have a sweet deal on a vintage reissue Hamilton Pan Europ Chronograph fall through. Big Grin I’m not even bitter about missing out on a silver dial Pan Europ Chrono for roughly HALF their average cost.

I am actually quite glad that deal didn’t happen. Seriously. I just put in an offer on a very interesting titanium watch. Something much more unique than the Pan Europ and something so rare and expensive I had previously written off ever owning one. There were only 450 of them made.

Can anyone guess the manufacturer?

More to come soon. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am actually quite glad that deal didn’t happen. Seriously. I just put in an offer on a very interesting titanium watch. Something much more unique than the Pan Europ and something so rare and expensive I had previously written off ever owning one. There were only 450 of them made.

Can anyone guess the manufacturer?

More to come soon. Cool

You? Hmmmm....
I'm gonna say NOT a Timex Wink

IWC? Grand Seiko? Naaa, to "plain" for you.
Omega- not that rare.

Blancpain or Porsche.
If I'm only down to ONE choice, I'll bet Porsche.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Funny you mention Timex. There is a titanium Timex tide watch for sale online that I have been VERY tempted to scoop up. It’s an inexpensive watch with a neat looking dial but I doubt I would wear it very often.

It’s not a Porsche. But it is from Germany.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Glashutte?
An Original 60s in blue is on my short list for a 'down the road' buy, after seeing r0gue's.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
No it’s not a Glashütte. I do love rOgue’s super clean and elegant German made masterpieces however this is more of an ultra functional tool watch. One from a limited run that doesn’t come up for sale too often and from one of my favorite brands.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Interesting... A "diveograph". Or "chronomiver".

Turns out the word RogueJSK was searching for after seeing a Seamaster Chronograph exists in the German language. Of course it does! Zee Germans have a word for “a face that begs to be slapped” so of course there is a word for a diving chrono “Der Taucherchronograph” or the Diver Chronograph. :

That last hint makes it too easy to guess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Ja Ja Backpfeifengesicht, love that word

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A limited edition Sinn.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
A limited edition Sinn.

That was my next guess.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s right fischtown7! Backpfeifengesicht is one heck of a word and definitely one of my favorites in the German language.

Yes it is a limited edition Sinn and I did indeed get it. Cool

There are a few things that drew me to this watch. First off it was a damn good deal. I was planning on getting a Hamilton Jack Ryan chronograph since it’s similar to one of my favorite daily Hamilton watches and that series is frickin sweet. I got this for the same as a new Jack Ryan Hamilton costs at my local boutique! Eek

I really like that this 203 is full titanium with a titanium bracelet and a beautiful Sinn leather strap. I also like that this Sinn doesn’t have the backwards/countdown bezel insert that is on some of their other diving chronos that I like.

It’s also a 41mm case so its size is perfect. Truth be told the 206 Arktis II is ever so slightly on the large size with its 43mm case. The brushed steel insert also makes the Arktis look bigger than it is. The Arktis has wrist presence while this 203 is more understated with a flat grey dial and off white subdials. The day wheel is in German so I get to brush back up on the days of the week auf Deutsch.

Sinn 45th Jubilaum/Anniversary. The UV resistant charcoal grey electroplated dial looks perfect with bead blasted titanium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s right fischtown7! Backpfeifengesicht is one heck of a word and definitely one of my favorites in the German language.

Yes it is a limited edition Sinn and I did indeed get it. Cool

You definitely qualify as a "Sinner" Stickman! It's nice to see you in the club with that beauty!

I sinned too this week, after checking out a cousin of Sinn: Hanhart. They just dropped a new "Flieger", and I couldn't resist it or dither and miss out on the opportunity. It's their Pioneer One NightBlue Limited Edition (150 pieces), with a deep blue dial and black PVD/DLC steel case. I wish the dark blue with red trim leather strap fit me, but it was a bit too tight with the second to last notch used. I'm still checking out other straps for this, but for the time being, this NATO Supreme from Crown and Buckle will do nicely.

Link for those who might be interested in acquiring one: https://www.watchbuys.com/stor...-Edition-10p7198.htm

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nice Sinn and Hanhart!

Here's my latest, an Elliot Brown Holton NIVO. Cool history, and great specs. https://elliotbrownwatches.com...products/holton-nivo

Yes, it's a quartz. But the movement is ruggedized, in a shock-absorbing housing.

And while they do offer an automatic Holton that's a little less robust, they don't offer the NIVO specifically in the auto.

Plus, I got it LNIB for $175, when they're normally $400-$500.

So I can deal with it being a quartz movement. Big Grin

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
A very nice looking watch Rogue! I like the green dial and the unobtrusive date window. Not only great features, but with a impressive purchase price!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tjcj:
Stickman428, Your Hamilton Khaki looks great. Longtime fan of Hamiltons. Here's my latest I just retired and wanted a watch with a day of the week function. IMG_0879 by Tom C, on Flickr

Tjcj, Congratulations on your retirement! I love the Hamilton you chose to celebrate retirement. DLC/PVD watches are some of my favorites. The day function is very useful and while it’s not super common on the type of watch I like most (Divers) thankfully Seiko, Sinn and Hamilton make a few examples that check nearly every box on my list.

Enjoy that Hamilton! It is a gorgeous watch. I’ve been tempted by that exact model myself but since I have the stainless version I have thus far resisted the urge to expand my DLC/PVD watch collection.

I’m guessing you got the Powermatic80 movement right? Hamilton moved away from the ETA 2824-2 movement in that watch years ago. If yours is anything like mine it should surprise you with its accuracy out of the box and that amazing power reserve. Smile

First, Thanks for the congrats from you and Vthoky.
The Khaki Field King uses the ETA 2834-2 (adds day complication) Hamilton calls it an H40.
The Powermatic is based on the ETA 2824-2.
So much alike. Both Swatch group with ETA Good movements. Both 80 hr power reserve. I have a few Tissots also. IMG_1126 by Tom C, on Flickr
IMG_1125 by Tom C, on Flickr

Posts: 112 | Location: Deep south | Registered: August 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost bought The Black pvd Tissot PRS 516 with the blue second hand and blue ring below the bezel. Good looking watch but it uses the Powermatic 7 series movement instead of the 8 series. Happy with the Hamilton.
Here's my oldest Hamilton. IMG_1130 by Tom C, on Flickr IMG_1129 by Tom C, on Flickr

Posts: 112 | Location: Deep south | Registered: August 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post