SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Ditched the blue strap it came with and dropped in a suede top stitch. Inspired a little photo shoot. Tried to get the fire blued hands to present.

Classic!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My older brother just picked these up for me this morning at the pawn shop.

They need a little TLC, but rest assured they will be beautiful soon.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My Longines is almost identical to that one save for a linen dial.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Going to the watch guy today to get a much deserved service, it's 109 years old.

I'll post the one I'm picking up later.

Wow that is so cool, 109 years. Is it broken or just needs a tune up?

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow that is so cool, 109 years. Is it broken or just needs a tune up?

Runs fast & erratically. Just needs a service.

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool Marsy! Looking forward to the results. Hope you can salvage the vintage (Teju?) lizard straps.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Forgive my beating to death my new-to-me Smiths. But I thought the pic was kinda cool in that the heat blue of the hands shows well in this lighting, and also cool in perspective. #Hail2Pitt!

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Forgive my beating to death my new-to-me Smiths. But I thought the pic was kinda cool in that the heat blue of the hands shows well in this lighting, and also cool in perspective.

I agree; very nice photo. Those blued hands are beautiful.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Omega Seamaster Auto and Aqua Terra auto.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damm that's a big picture!!

Beautiful watches!!!!!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

-Bomber Harris

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I love the Longines!

I have the same Aqua Terra!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by liner:
Omega Seamaster Auto and Aqua Terra auto.

That Seamaster reminds me of my Tag Heuer Carrera. Twins almost.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Forgive my beating to death my new-to-me Smiths.

Don't, it's a great looking watch! I would be tempted, but I really want something for a 20mm strap.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My watches my older brother got me came in today and there was a BONUS in the group!

The Longines runs PERFECT!!!! I think these are pre-WWII. I won't know until I get a crystal tool and open them as the movements come out the front.

And the unexpected BONUS!!!!!

A 1974 Bulova 228 Big Block!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
And the unexpected BONUS!!!!!

A 1974 Bulova 228 Big Block!

I love that you used "A Brief History Of Time" as the background for your watch photo! Perfect!

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Loving that Smiths, r0gue! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

My dad has his Hamilton Pulsar, which was a similar watch. He also has his dad's which was in gold. I don't know if they still work.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The Omega turned out to be 18kt solid gold. BONUS DOUBLE SCORE!!!!!

It's getting a professional service, case polish and a new strap. The dial and hands will keep their well earned patina. I will proudly wear it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The Omega turned out to be 18kt solid gold. BONUS DOUBLE SCORE!!!!!

It's getting a professional service, case polish and a new strap. The dial and hands will keep their well earned patina. I will proudly wear it.

Can`t wait to see it cleaned up!

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post