SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    SIG Factory Boxes
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Factory Boxes Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Landchipper:
I really appreciate the effort from everyone and have learned a great deal from this thread.
My question is, when and what were the tan (light brown) plastic cases used to hold?

Sig P232 June of 09

Posts: 472 | Location: NE Mississippi | Registered: May 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by omega5:
Another pic of the Desert Tan case. If anyone has any idea of it's significance, I'd
sure love to hear from you.
Dano

Posted above

Posts: 472 | Location: NE Mississippi | Registered: May 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are any of them more valuable then others on their own ?

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just purchased my first Sig. A P226 Extreme with a manufacture date of 9-18-2014. I am the 3rd owner. This gun only has one mag shot through it before being put in the safe where it stayed before I bought it.

The model number (?) on the box is E26R-9- XTM-PROMO

The box shows quite a bit of wear

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oldsrocket442,

Posts: 8 | Registered: January 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
oldsrocket442,
Thanks for posting, but you need to downsize those photos to no more than 1000 pixels wide.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
oldsrocket442,
Thanks for posting, but you need to downsize those photos to no more than 1000 pixels wide.

I saw that. Sent them from my phone and I dont have a way to resize on there. I'll be on my computer in a few minutes to fix them.

Posts: 8 | Registered: January 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:

Argghh. I had switched the photos I had posted previously away from Photobucket to Post Image, but I'm starting to realize that if the pictures aren't viewed regularly on Post Image they automatically delete your links after a set period, even if you don't set an expiration date when you upload the pic.

Unfortunately the pictures I posted are stored on a back-up external drive that is currently in-op...I'll see if I can find them on a separate back-up source and will try to make the time to find a different hosting site.

Sorry GaryBF Frown

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
GaryBF...Check your email please.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14001 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Posting two photos for BigJoe. Contents of box are unknown. This box appears to be smaller than the usual gray box of the period. The approximate size is 10.5 X 7 inches. Does anyone out there know what gun it contained?

BIGjoe1 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Bigjoe2 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigJoe:
I have a few, but want more!!!

I believe this is from 1953//1954

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BigJoe,

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14001 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posting two photos for BigJoe. Contents of box are unknown. This box appears to be smaller than the usual gray box of the period. The approximate size is 10.5 X 7 inches. Does anyone out there know what gun it contained?

BIGjoe1 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Bigjoe2 by GaryBF, on Flickr

This box had a very short lifespan. You can call it the transition box between the gray cardboard box and the larger gray plastic case. Some of the very early P229s were delivered in this box inside the labeled hard outer cardboard box. You can see that there is a space for a lock in addition to the extra mag, but there is no room for the manual, which was placed outside.

Here is an example, an New Old Stock AC prefixed P229 that was on Guns America several years ago.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/97...IN-GERMANY-FRAME.htm

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigJoe:
I believe this is from 1953//1954

This belongs to the Danish Army's P210 (m/49).

According to ForgottenWeapons.com, "Denmark adopted the gun as the m/49 in 1949, and would purchase a total of just under 27,000 of them. In 1995 many were surplussed, and purchased by Hammerli for retain resale."
https://www.forgottenweapons.c...rvice-pistol-by-sig/

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
I only have one a P365.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ymerej
posted Hide Post

I need this box in my life; actually, I need about 5 of them, anybody have any they're interested in giving away or even selling if the condition is good.

----------

+ Sig Sauer P225 9MM
+ Sig Sauer P226 Two-Tone .40
+ Sig Sauer P228 9MM
+ Sig Sauer P229 .357(.40)
+ Sig Sauer P229 SAS .40 SW
+ Sig Sauer 1911 Carry Nightmare .45
+ Sig Sauer M11-A1 9MM
+ Sig Sauer SIG516 Patrol 5.56 / .223
+ Sig Sauer P365 9MM

Posts: 7 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Today I picked up a P229 40 S&W I got off Gunbroker and it was in this smaller box that I've never encounter before. I happened upon this thread while researching it and thought I'd post a couple of pics. The P229 is an early model with a serial beginning with AB.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^

The box that you have is from the early '90s and was also used for the P226. It barely holds a P220 as well.
If you change out the P226 magazine base plate for an aluminum one or have (factory or otherwise) wood grips on the P220, they don't fit.

There was also a decal inside the top with instructions about firearm safety.

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SigSauer Custom Works

The locks feel very high quality. I'll post more photos in the Gallery outside of the cases section.

mi45acp

Posts: 72 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A box from an old P220.

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post