SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Including moderation. Wink

More is not always better...it's just more.
I have what I need on hand. Life is easier, this way.
To each their own.

Until tthe next Sandy hook and you aren't able to just order 1k whenever you feel like it.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mississippi Dave
posted Hide Post
The Mississippi Classic (USPSA State Match) starts today and runs through Sunday. I will be picking up 6k 124 grain FMJ bullets there from a bulk order the club was involved in. It is about 2k more than I was planning to order but it is convenient picking them up there rather than making a trip into town to get them at the post office. I think I have enough AA5 powder left to load all of them. Reminds me I might have to place an order for some more MG 200 grain FMJ .45 bullets soon.

I did find the Tula small pistol magnum primers are pretty hard. My Dan Wesson .357 magnum will set them off easy enough when shooting single action but on double action most of the time it takes two hits to get them to fire. Never a problem with Federal small pistol magnum primers. The problem is I think I'm down to only 1 to 1-1/2 k of the Federal. The Tula work fine in the rifle but I think 15k might be a bit much just for the rifle use only. I might have to see if someone wants to do some trading. I could use standard primer but then I would have to work up a different load.

It seems the current shortages of components is causing lots of people to have to work harder to find new recipes for their ammo. I do have enough AA7 and WST to get me through the year and probably longer than that. Finding 8 pounds of AA5 and Silhouette would make me feel a lot better. 15k of Federal primers is something I also have on my short list to locate so long as the price is reasonable.

Views and opinions I express are not those of my employer or any of their customers.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central Mississippi | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
Including moderation. Wink

More is not always better...it's just more.
I have what I need on hand. Life is easier, this way.
To each their own.

Until tthe next Sandy hook and you aren't able to just order 1k whenever you feel like it.

I'll get through that one the same way I got through the last one: casting my own, a thousand or two at a time. Store bought bullets are a luxury.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Fired, decapped, and stainless tumbled 87 rounds of 308.

Picked up an 8" round piece of AR500.

Picked up a bunch of pipe, fittings, and chain to make a hanger/stand for it.

Tried to find a blade for my HF chop saw, but none of the local places have 2" blades. Ugh.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
loaded 300rds of 6x47.

exx1976, suggest not using chain to hang a steel target. One flyer, fun over. Been there, done that. Try to find some conveyer belt to hang the target. Will take many hits before failing. Can buy it here.

http://www.jcsteeltargets.com/

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mississippi Dave
posted Hide Post
This week has been better than most for finding reloading components. I picked up 6 pounds of AA5, 2 pounds of both Silhouette and True Blue powders plus 15k of Winchester small pistol primers. I also picked up the 6k of 9 mm bullets from the bulk buy. This has been the best haul I've made in some time. It doesn't come close to what I've been able to find just a year or two ago. These days you have to take what you can find so long as the prices are not too inflated. At least it will keep me loading a bit longer.

Views and opinions I express are not those of my employer or any of their customers.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central Mississippi | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
loaded 300rds of 6x47.

exx1976, suggest not using chain to hang a steel target. One flyer, fun over. Been there, done that. Try to find some conveyer belt to hang the target. Will take many hits before failing. Can buy it here.

http://www.jcsteeltargets.com/

I picked up some crazy heavy chain, and some shackles to bolt it to the steel. The chain was like $3/foot, and is rated for something stupid like 2200#. It's used as tie-down chain for truckers. LOL

I will keep that site in mind for the conveyor belt stuff though, thank you. Hopefully I don't need it, but...

Put my chop say back together, rough cut ~200 pieces of M200 and decapped it, now it's in the stainless tumbler.

Time to think about dinner, then empty the tumbler and get some sleep. Thinking about going to a 3-gun match in the morning. Maybe. Never been before, and I hear this one draws a particularly large number of asshats. One guy last year was running his RIFLE can wet, using MOTOR OIL.

Some people. LOL

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Went to 3 gun. Decided to shoot, the wet rifle can mall ninja wasn't there. We think he's still in the hospital from blowing up his can. Wink

Lost more brass than I picked up, took 7th place out of 9 shooters. I'll do better next time.

Came home and assembled my hanger for my steel target, and cut a couple hundred more m200.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Decapped 80 pieces of 223 that I found in SWMBO's range bag.

Decapped that m200 I chopped and threw that in the stainless tumbler. I'll pull it around 1130 or 12 and then get some sleep.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Picked up a few pounds of 800-X that I haven't seen on the shelves in a while. Thank God, I can reload 10mm again with impunity!

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
Spent 15 min de-priming 500 45acp SP in prep to make them LP. Does not take long with a brass feeder and universal die. Runs as fast as you can run the ram up and down.

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger

Posts: 3464 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeattleDude
posted Hide Post
Cooking some 45 with CFE Pistol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SeattleDude,

Posts: 611 | Location: W.WA | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I made 200 .45 ACP, 200 9MM and 200 .380 ACP.

I'll make 20 Gauge and .410 bore tomorrow.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeattleDude:
Cooking some 45 with CFE Pistol

Purty!

All shiney!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
FINALLY got my CTS case trimmer for 308 set where I want it and trimmed, deburred, and chamfered 45 Lapua cases and about 24 fouling fodder mixed cases.

Tomorrow, I will tackle the 223 trimmer and beat it into submission!! Lake City 556, you WILL BE MINE!! Buhhahahahahaha!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Stopped at the LGS and picked up some Blue Dot. Only pistol poweder they really had. See my subsequent post. Big Grin

They did have a variety of #1 rifle powders including RE15, RE-17, CFE, TAC, and a bunch of those IMR powders that start with the number "4". All one pounders.

Stopped along the way on my journeys this weekend at various big box farm stores. All had a decent supply of various #1 rifle powders including those above and Varget. No pistol or shotgun powders.

Its nice to see SOMETHING on the shelves.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
résidait cajun regardant un couyon tête du pays
Picture of neiltus
posted Hide Post
ordered an fx120i.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neiltus:
ordered an fx120i.

Get one of these Omega Tricklers if you don't have one already to go along with your fx120i.

http://www.omegapowdertrickler.com/

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
résidait cajun regardant un couyon tête du pays
Picture of neiltus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by offgrid:
quote:
Originally posted by neiltus:
ordered an fx120i.

Get one of these Omega Tricklers if you don't have one already to go along with your fx120i.

http://www.omegapowdertrickler.com/

Been looking at them…will get there.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got 1k bullets fmj 40cal 180gr & an add on
to my trickler that makes it taller and farther
away from scales.Shot 300. Washed 500 cases, deprimed and belled & reprimed.
I have near 1k waiting for powder & bullet of both 40 & 9mm.

Posts: 723 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: January 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post