SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeattleDude:
Cooking some 45 with CFE Pistol

SeattleDude:

What's your load behind those shiny 230 Gr bullets with CFE Pistol?

Any data on velocity?

Thanks,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I cut and tumbled another couple hundred pieces of m200, only about half a bucket left to go. Then still a full bucket of m249 brass.

Also loaded 20-something 308 in anticipation of a trip to the new 600 yard range this weekend. I'll load some more tonight, and some more tomorrow too.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeattleDude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:

SeattleDude:

Any data on velocity?

Thanks,

RMD

done

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2280067353

Posts: 611 | Location: W.WA | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

SeattleDude:

Any data on velocity?

Thanks,

RMD

done

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2280067353

Thanks.

Pretty much jives with mine behind a 200Gr LSWC.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Didn't load any yesterday, but I did cut and tumble another couple hundred m200.

Tonight the new glass for my 20" Lilja AR will be on my porch when I get home, so I'll mount that up for the weekend. I do need to load a bunch more 308 tonight though. I only have about 70 rounds.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Mounted the new glass on the AR - 6-24x50 vortex Viper pst 2fp, cut about 100 pieces of m200 while waiting for the grill to heat up. Added some more shelving in the reloading room earlier to make things easier. Need to reload some more 308 yet tonight.

Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I seem to be on a .45ACP binge lately. I cranked out 300 rounds of 200gr LSWC practice ammo last weekend (used up the last of my Federal LP primers) and I'm in the process now of running a couple thousand empties through the tumbler, three hundred or so at a time. I'll probably run off another 500 or so rounds and then switch over to .308 match ammo.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Built some more 308. 44.6 gr of RL17 pushing a Hornady 208 AMAX. Cant wait to go shooting but my buddy had to ship his Rem 700 varmint back to the factory for the recall notice.

three weeks ago we finally worked our way out to the 1000 yard shot. We both were off slightly on our first shot but our next three shots were all on. His were all on the top of the target. Mine were the group in the middle. He told me that he wished he could claim the shots in the center but the little red tips of the AMAX left nice little red marks on the target to indicate the three that were mine.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Shipped his rifle back?

To have the factory install a Jewell? #FAIL

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shipped his rifle back?

Not sure what the recall was for. something about the trigger? He has an adjustable trigger that never seemed to matter how it was adjusted. It was a still bastard.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Shipped his rifle back?

Not sure what the recall was for. something about the trigger? He has an adjustable trigger that never seemed to matter how it was adjusted. It was a still bastard.

Nevermind.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
AR - 6-24x50 vortex Viper pst 2fp

Prediction:

This you will like.

RMD

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Like the 208amax/RL17 idea. LGS had some #1 RL17. Might get a pound to try.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like the 208amax/RL17 idea. LGS had some #1 RL17. Might get a pound to try.

44.6(c) grains with a coal 2.80" is giving me 2575 fps.

Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Today is the first day of the annual Riverton Wyoming Gun Show, my favorite weekend of the year.
Plan on being there as soon as I get my ranch work done. Very excited!!

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
AR - 6-24x50 vortex Viper pst 2fp

Prediction:

This you will like.

RMD

Yup. 600 yard hits on 8" steel were quite easy with it. The 308 also performed well. Followed that up with a couple rounds of skeet.

Tomorrow morning is fishing. It's a good weekend.

Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
The Riverton gun show is Great, one of the best ever, something for everyone. The parking lot was completely filled. Lots of powder, 22 shells and ammo for about any firearm, primers. There was no 2400, wonder if it is just Gone?

I went there with three goals, a Galco vertical carry shoulder holster, purchased a used one for my Citadel Compact that looks new for a very honest price. 32 acp Ammo - also scored. Wanted a Walther PPK in 380 - struck out.

Maybe tomorrow, dealers keep bringing out more from under their tables when the sell something.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
The past few days have been more shooting than loading, but now that the weekend is done, I'm paying the price.

I had to process ~600 pieces of 9mm that were sht up over the weekend, ~200 .45 ACP, ~400 .223, and ~100 .308

Over the weekend I did manage to cut and tumble another couple hundred pieces of M200, and this morning I decapped the .308 and threw it in the stainless. Decapped the .45 ACP last night, it's in the vibratory. Still have the 9mm and .223 to do yet, and since I've shot up just about all the Lapua I had sized and ready, I need to start sizing (and probably trim) for more .308 loading.

Did some holster work at the range yesterday. SWMBO also shot my new-to-me 226 Elite (thanks Astro!), and decided she "really liked it". Thank goodness it's way too large to be a carry gun for her, or I'd lose it forever. LOL

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I had a couple relatives fly in from California just so they could shoot my guns. I gave them a basic pistol course, and when I was satisfied with their shooting, let them at several of my guns. They ended up shooting a thousand rounds of 9mm, 100 rounds of 38spl, 300+ rounds of SS 22lr through my suppressed 22lr pistols, and 200 rounds of 5.56.

Just finished tumbling the spent cases......still halfway through cleaning my guns. Smile

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
I had a couple relatives fly in from California just so they could shoot my guns. I gave them a basic pistol course, and when I was satisfied with their shooting, let them at several of my guns. They ended up shooting a thousand rounds of 9mm, 100 rounds of 38spl, 300+ rounds of SS 22lr through my suppressed 22lr pistols, and 200 rounds of 5.56.

Just finished tumbling the spent cases......still halfway through cleaning my guns. Smile

Yeah, the gun cleaning is tonight. Not lookin forward to it. LOL