SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anticipated New Prime Series; The Terminal List
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anticipated New Prime Series; The Terminal List Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Kinda slow start. Why is he giving press lady the time of day? And the story just seems off. It doesn’t make sense.

That being said, starting E3 now because this show pisses off the woke and because I want to see the satisfaction of vengeance for killing the wife and girl.

Noticed a BRC logo shirt at the beginning of E3; surprised and disappointed.

Slow start? Wow, it’s been very action packed and fast moving for me. Let me guess, you’re a big superhero movie fan where it’s 99.999% action and .001% plot/character development?

Did anyone catch the shot he took at NCIS? I was LOL’ing at that one, they’ve become so reverent in people’s minds that we all forget that they ARE basically the Navy’s Internal Affairs unit.

He said something (after they’re giving him a hard time) like “you aren’t Navy! You’re a bunch of fucking cop wannabes!” Big Grin

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I saw it on YT. But its not on ITunes so far. Bummer.

It’s on iTunes now.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Lots of product placement in the books, including, BRC.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Kinda slow start. Why is he giving press lady the time of day? And the story just seems off. It doesn’t make sense.

That being said, starting E3 now because this show pisses off the woke and because I want to see the satisfaction of vengeance for killing the wife and girl.

Slow start? Wow, it’s been very action packed and fast moving for me. Let me guess, you’re a big superhero movie fan where it’s 99.999% action and .001% plot/character development?

Did anyone catch the shot he took at NCIS? I was LOL’ing at that one, they’ve become so reverent in people’s minds that we all forget that they ARE basically the Navy’s Internal Affairs unit.

He said something (after they’re giving him a hard time) like “you aren’t Navy! You’re a bunch of fucking cop wannabes!” Big Grin

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
You poor, poor soul. To be surprised disappointed by a coffee logo in a TV show. I can’t imagine what it’s like to constantly let the left live in my head and be triggered by product placement on tv shows. Or the constant worry about what the “woke” thinks.

Wow, talk about projection. Being triggered by an innocuous statement that makes you think someone else is triggered? Sounds like there's something not right living in your head.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks marksman41 Smile

POSSIBLE SPOILER below

It's interesting the book was published in 2018 ahead of the scamdemic. Yet it seems one can draw parallels between the book and the pushing of the shot across branches of the military with any adverse effects being swept under the rug and/or yet to be realized. At least based on getting through to E4/5 (partial).

I'm curious about the draft legislation to impose some sort of mandatory limit on how long one can serve. On one hand, I can understand that loss of competency based on age can be a risk to self and others. OTOH, it seems like competency should be based on that, and not on some arbitrary age limit or length of service. That the author seems a proponent of this is interesting. Is there a similar protocol in the private sector? If not, why the difference?

ETA: shootout at end of E5 was good. Impressive dude with skills. Man on a clear mission.

ETA2: Finished. Enjoyed the series. Likeable characters. Believable characters. Ending was a little sad - tough calls. It was nice that Layun made the right call against the book at the end.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Left Haaaaaaates that people seem to really like this new series and are super triggered that it's not pushing wokeness or hating on America or trangenderism or whatever shiny object they are enamored with at the moment:

‘We Didn’t Make It For The Critics’: Author Of ‘The Terminal List’ Responds To ‘Triggered’ Critics Trashing Chris Pratt Series

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Shouldn't be a surprise, the author was an early investor (like a lot of the other vets who chat them up) in the company and lives in nearby Park City.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Wife and I started this on Thursday night not expecting much. We finished the last three Saturday afternoon. We were completely uninitiated to the books, story, or even the reviews. We loved the 'layer of authenticity', my wife went on about the lack of most of the typical Hollywood horseshit aspects to this kind of offering. That triggered lefty critics hate it is, like the series, completely delicious and satisfying. As our Prefontaine put it, 'They can suck it".

Someone earlier posted that it was the same Chris Pratt as all his other movies. I don't know what show you were watching. Several times while watching this I thought that there was not a trace of, say Gaurdians of the Galaxy Pratt in this at all. The parts that I found to be extremely cliche and out of place all had to do with the boss guy, Steve Horn 'fanboy'. Everything to do with him seemed stupid and out of place in this series. From the gigantic office to his idiotic vehicles to just...him, was just over the top.

Other than that two big thumbs up over here.

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally finished this up last night. Not bad, easy entertainment. Not the smoothest or most polished of projects for Hollywood but, there's definitely been worse.
Character development outside of Reese and Buranek, was a bit lacking. If you're familiar with the Crazy Rich Asians character she played, Wu's character in this show is also a poker buff, thought that was a nice touch. Pratt I like as an actor but, like Brad Pitt, his best roles are as light-hearted characters. He's turned himself into the Micheal Biehn of actors, the default SOF character for casting directors; I get it, he's a strapping guy, who's not jacked/cut like the rest of the pretty-boy actors and is familiar with the real-life military men to portray, but his delivery isn't convincing. I'm not saying he's horrible I just have a hard time seeing him playing these serious, deadly roles.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
^^^^
That review pretty much says it all.

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else laugh out loud at this reference?

LEROYYYYYYYY Jenkinsssssss!

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
For those of you who might be interested, Jack Carr has a podcast on YouTube which discusses each episode and gives a lot of insight and background on each of them. Jared Shaw and David Digilio are also present on the panel. So far, they have covered the first six episodes. Good watch if you have the time.

Link to the first episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym6S_KsMSzA

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My wife is going to a conference in September, so I am waiting to pick up Prime again and watch The Terminal List during that time.

I've read the first two books already and just started #3. Good reads!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

Shouldn't be a surprise, the author was an early investor (like a lot of the other vets who chat them up) in the company and lives in nearby Park City.

It's somewhat silly to be "disappointed" that Jack Carr mentions BRCC in his books and subsequently the TV show. Like mentioned, he specifically mentions Reece drinking the coffee while driving. Jack Carr is good friends with Hafer and the guys at BRCC. All these ex special forces guys run in this click. People like Donut Operator who I'm sure most of us like is also good friends with Hafer and those guys and wears their apparel often and has more than once defended BRCC. I try not to hold it against them even if I no longer give BRCC my money.

Jack Carr also goes into detail on other products that I'm sure he personally uses. For example, a scene in the book where Reece looks at his "Rescoe UDT dive watch" and sure enough, Chris Pratt sports a Rescoe dive watch prominently in the show.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Wife and I finished this up last night. I have not read the books.
I thought it was decent and enjoyable though have no need to watch it again. I also don’t really like shows/movies that rely so heavily on dream, flash back, or premonition sequences.

It really reminded me of Shooter both the movie and series. To which I actually liked better.

What optic was on the Seal’s rifles in the initial tunnel assault?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want that semi auto shotgun from episode 4.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I got the chance to watch it a few weeks ago, binged it during one day. I was really hoping for it to be great (the book was!) but I found it just o.k. to decent enough. (Probably had to high of expectations for it...)

Cancelled Prime after watching it, only cost me a couple of bucks to see it - so no big loss $$$ wise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Watched it about a month ago. I enjoyed it. The conclusion was a plot twist that seemed really… forced. I dunno, I didn’t really buy it.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post