SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anticipated New Prime Series; The Terminal List
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anticipated New Prime Series; The Terminal List Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Only real disappointment was not being able to hear more of the theme song. Trigger by Mississippi Twilight.

Mississippi Twilight Trigger Lyrics

I can see the rising sun
The devil’s still on the run
All the pretty things burn out

Finger on the trigger
Finger on the trigger
Finger on the trigger
Finger on the trigger

Heart is beating in my head
Feeling numb with every breath
Smoke and fire all around

Finger on the trigger
Finger on the trigger

I see time is running out
Finger on the trigger
Finger on the trigger
Over and we all fall down

Finger on the trigger
Finger on the trigger
Finger on the trigger
Finger on the trigger

Finger on the trigger
Finger on the trigger

I see time is running out
Finger on the trigger
Finger on the trigger
Over and we all fall down

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it on YT. But its not on ITunes so far. Bummer.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
The wife and I watched the first 5 yesterday. We liked it.

In the scene where he showed his buddies 45 I said hey, that’s a black warrior, same as mine. Except the grips. The wife bought me rosewood grips for mine when I got it..

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked it. I've read the entire series of books, which were quite good, and the movie was a good adaptation.

Posts: 631 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
If series draws anything from his actual experience, it’s the fact that Special operators in all branches, are overused & pretty beat up in reality.

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
If series draws anything from his actual experience, it’s the fact that Special operators in all branches, are overused & pretty beat up in reality.

For me it really puts all this woke bullshit in perspective. Shows how crazy all this shit is.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12627 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
The ending seemed appropriate though I was surprised at the very end; I hadn't read the book.

Someone mentioned a season 2. Will there be one? I see this as a stand alone 1 season series.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I watched the first episode. I'll watch more.

But I don't know that Pratt really has the acting talent to do this really well. He is a competent actor, but not a great one. He seemed a bit two-dimensional in the first episode.

Even if it isn't the best, it looks like a decent entertainment.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swampdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Someone mentioned a season 2. Will there be one? I see this as a stand alone 1 season series.

Maybe my comment 6guns. Like most shows a single season was ordered, but Carr and the head writer have said they already have a roadmap for subsequent seasons based on more of the books. Chris Pratt himself optioned the first book before it ever even came out, so I would guess doing more of it would have to do with his schedule and whether Amazon wants to order more. So I just mentioned expecting to actually see the character we mentioned previously, should they continue with more is all.

Posts: 588 | Location: Colorado via South Louisiana | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a good series. A negative that recurred was the product placement - labeling.

Who wears a Landcruiser patch? And anytime a sponsor paid their product would be highlighted.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
That may be because Carr is a huge Landcruiser guy.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
It was a good series. A negative that recurred was the product placement - labeling.

Who wears a Landcruiser patch? And anytime a sponsor paid their product would be highlighted.

And who keeps a P365 with a Gray guns grip module in their desk drawer??? Big Grin

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

I sure hope so. Jack Carr currently has 5 James Reece books published (The Terminal List was the first). Each could be a season.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

I sure hope so. Jack Carr currently has 5 James Reece books published (The Terminal List was the first). Each could be a season.

So does he get an operation in some country to alleviate the tumor?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12627 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished the season last night and really enjoyed it.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I've read the books and watched season1. I think it was a good adaptation of the book. I actually preferred the ending on the series to the one in te book.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swampdog:
quote:

Maybe my comment 6guns. Like most shows a single season was ordered, but Carr and the head writer have said they already have a roadmap for subsequent seasons based on more of the books. Chris Pratt himself optioned the first book before it ever even came out, so I would guess doing more of it would have to do with his schedule and whether Amazon wants to order more. So I just mentioned expecting to actually see the character we mentioned previously, should they continue with more is all.

Thanks for the info!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
So does he get an operation in some country to alleviate the tumor?

Now that would be a spoiler. Smile

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I finished the series the other night. I enjoyed it very much and didn't mind at all the little variations from the book. Looking forward to reading the next book, and hopefully there will be another season.

Critics, Media Trash Chris Pratt’s Anti-Woke ‘Terminal List,’ Audiences Love It

Mainstream critics and the liberal media are panning Amazon’s new series “The Terminal List,” which stars actor Chris Pratt, but audiences love the fast-paced, testosterone-infused thriller.

Season one of the series is sporting a rough 37% approval rating from critics. BuzzFeed deemed it “an unhinged Right-wing revenge fantasy,” and a Variety review called the series “a dour, miserable sit, one that would be tough to take as a two-hour film, and has been inexplicably ‘roided up to eight hours.”

Audience scores, though, tell a different story. The show is boasting an impressive 93% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes from the general audience, with comments expressly calling out film critics.

“Shocked at the harsh reviews from critics,” one person wrote. “This series was highly enjoyable. Full of twists and suspense and Chris Pratt was great.”

“Chris Pratt is excellent, this is really a different character for him and he plays it so well!” another person said. “I don’t get why the critics don’t rate this highly, is it because he’s conservative and/or Christian? Their rating is a complete mystery to me because this, to me, is better than the Jack Reacher series, and I LOVED that one too!”

“Critics have no idea what they’re talking about,” another slammed. “This show is insanely good. Could not stop watching.”

“Excellent story and acting! From the critics score, you can tell they have sold-out their morals and should never be trusted to give an unbiased review,” one comment said.

“It’s so refreshing to watch a show that actually focuses on the subject the show is meant to be about instead of delivering some social justice BS lecture,” another person wrote.

“This show was amazing! The critics are morons,” someone bluntly put it. “I binged it and am gonna binge it again with friends. Wish I could give this show more stars!”

Brandon Morse at RedState said the show was bound to “draw ire” from the Left.

“Not only does it star a man they hate for some of the dumbest reasons imaginable, but it also looks at military men with a kind eye and is unapologetically fun,” he said. “Nowadays, this is a sin to the blue checkmark left which demands that every piece of work carry its message in some way, shape, or form.”

Pratt has been criticized for some rather benign “controversies,” and most often the criticism is tied to his open Christianity.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...st-audiences-love-it

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always amusing when the soy boys get offended.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post