SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anticipated New Prime Series; The Terminal List
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anticipated New Prime Series; The Terminal List Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I've watched a couple of more episodes, and I am not loving it. Pratt is not all that good, and the plot is pretty formulaic. They tried to spice it up by making us wonder if the main character is a nutcase and wrong, but I never bought it - you never seriously it might all be some kind of fever dream. Which put us back in formula story-telling.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I was talking to my son about the series. He put forth the idea that Taylor Kitsch who plays Reece’s friend, former Teams’ brother and current CIA agent, might have been a better choice than Pratt to play Reece. He’s sure enough convincing in his role. It’s probably worth noting that my son was a faithful viewer of The Office, and probably has some trouble separating his slightly pot-bellied character from this one. Meanwhile, you may remember Kitsch played Lt. Mike Murphy in Lone Survivor, taken from Marcus Littrell’s book of the same name. He’s got the SEAL thing down.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Pratt played a seal in ZDT and did well in that role as well. That’s actually what led to this series even happening. I think he was a solid cast for this.

I also like Taylor a lot more as an actor but he doesn’t carry the weight that Pratt does in getting a series like this done. Pratt has 2 major franchise films series in Guardians and the Dinosaur bullshit. Taylor was a perfect cast in this. He is smart enough to consistently take the supporting roles in film work and nail it. Supporting roles don’t carry the weight, nor the scrutiny as the lead does. I think he learned from that John Carter stinker a decade ago. Taylor just isn’t a Hollywood type. He has a crib in Austin and lives in Montana so he ain’t about that life. Many of the Hollywood studios have offices in Austin now so many “stars” have smaller houses/spreads there to do the negotiating etc and stay out of LA and that LA life.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Finished it up last night. Great ending. I will have to say that Pratt’s gun handling was some of the best on film. Especially during the final assault. It was clean and consistent without the Hollywood mag flipping that permeates the John Wick universe. He seamlessly reloaded the gun, swapped shoulders, and used solid tactics. You can’t fake that. He was trained up to look the part of someone with skills.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episode last night with no clue as to what the series was about, just heard it’s good and WOW I was not disappointed!

Seems to be much more like a psychological thriller than an action show which is great.

Of course CNN and the rest of the MSM be like:

Which tells me I’ll like it for sure

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Man do I miss In Living Color. I remember them two dudes, gay people even laughed. Today both them actors/comedians would be canceled.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Finished it up last night. Great ending. I will have to say that Pratt’s gun handling was some of the best on film. Especially during the final assault. It was clean and consistent without the Hollywood mag flipping that permeates the John Wick universe. He seamlessly reloaded the gun, swapped shoulders, and used solid tactics. You can’t fake that. He was trained up to look the part of someone with skills.

I had mixed feelings about the show... Kinda a buzzkill but after a few days I decided that I liked it.

The gun handling was really good by Pratt. I was like an actual reload in a movie!!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The fall that he took rockclimbing in ep 6 would have completely ended him.

I'm finding it only mildly compelling and hard to keep my attention. Pratt is not great in it, imo, but I also think this could've been better as a 2 hr movie.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I liked it. Some parts I agree, he never should have survived but being a tv show, you gotta go along with it.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I watched it over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have not read the books so it was all new to me. I enjoyed the plot twists and as others have said the gun handling was first rate. The fact that the lefties hate it is just a bonus!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Wife and I enjoyed it. Yeah that fall was a nasty one but you can forgive it I guess for the sake of it being a TV show.

Spoiler

Spoiler:

The "twist" was so sad and cliché, I told my wife in the second episode he was the bad guy. That part was weak and predictable.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
While the gal who played SecDef seems to be getting accolades, I thought the actress who played the reporter was the better of the two.

SPOILER questions below
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Okay, so does Reece get the Peru $20M account access from Ben? And does he use part of it to have his tumor operated on in Mexico? In other words does he live on in the follow on books (me not having read any)?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
While the gal who played SecDef seems to be getting accolades, I thought the actress who played the reporter was the better of the two.

SPOILER questions below
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Okay, so does Reece get the Peru $20M account access from Ben? And does he use part of it to have his tumor operated on in Mexico? In other words does he live on in the follow on books (me not having read any)?

I mean the whole series of books is based on his character, now five in all, and this was just the first book so…

But Peru had nothing to do with the first book either so…

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:

SPOILER questions below
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

And ... Bob (bald1) and I have been jibber-jabbering back and forth on email about this series.

I liked Katie over the secdef. I think that Reece is charting course to a country where he can get surgery. What I am wondering, was Reece able to get Ben's access information to the 20m ?

Both bald1 and I are commenting solely on the movie only ... and not the book.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Who knows how they might rewrite it but if it falls close to the book then no to either or or both questions. Wink

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Who knows how they might rewrite it but if it falls close to the book then no to either or or both questions. Wink

So there is no Reece in the follow on books then? Casey (old_dino) and I both want to know. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

SPOILER questions below
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

https://screenrant.com/termina...l-sequel-novels/amp/

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Interesting. Thanks!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Kinda slow start. Why is he giving press lady the time of day? And the story just seems off. It doesn’t make sense.

That being said, starting E3 now because this show pisses off the woke and because I want to see the satisfaction of vengeance for killing the wife and girl.

Noticed a BRC logo shirt at the beginning of E3; surprised and disappointed.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You poor, poor soul. To be surprised disappointed by a coffee logo in a TV show. I can’t imagine what it’s like to constantly let the left live in my head and be triggered by product placement on tv shows. Or the constant worry about what the “woke” thinks.

www.opspectraining.com